Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sidney Rice To Sit Out All Season

Marrdro wrote:
    I hear ya my friend, however, every site out there that has picked it up, read the local hacks article and then went with the same title that rotoworld did.

On a side note, I find it kindof funny how a Chicago hack got the whole nation going against the team (Vikings) his team (Bores) was gonna play, but the local hacks in MN seem to do the exact opposite.

They try to get the locals against the team they are supposed to be supporting. hmy:
    Bold = Former Minnesota hack turned Chicago hack, you are talking about Jensen and his article if I am not mistaken?

Yesterday on the fan, they were reading something that seemed like it was written by Sid, anyone heard or seen this in print?

To sum it up, Sid said that he wants to play, he is competitive and he wants to play with the guys as a team. We will have to wait and see if he gets of the PUP first.

Similar but different, but what if Ced's injury was due to coming back too soon? If that was a possibility for Sid to come back and get hurt right away because of coming back so fast, would you want him out there?

I did hear commentary on how Ced's injury could be attribute to the first injury. Possible he was compensating with good knee to get back on the field and it put more strain on the good knee, causing it to fail, speculation but I heard it stated like that. Would you want Sid to take his time?

Holzberg is offline Rookie

My first issue with Rice is that he sits out because he has a little discomfort. Yet, Harvin, Farve and probably others
    are out there playing with lots of PAIN... more than just discomfort. Then you have Rice sitting on the sideline with
    a little "discomfort"? What a fricken baby. Get out there and do what you can for your team. What are you... Randy Moss?
    Do what is best for you and screw your team?

My second issue with Rice is that he decided to NOT have the surgery last winter/spring. So 1 out of 4 doctors tell you
    that you MAY NOT need surgery while the others tell you that you do so you opt out? Then he decides less than 3 weeks before
    season opener that surgery is needed and now you miss over half of the season.

If he doesn't play against the Packers then the Vikings should just have him sit out the rest of the season and trade him.

I don't know, I think I am starting to agree with the article that Rice doesn't want to play this season. But I would have to
    say that Rice made this decision at the end of last season and planned this out.

Prove this article and me wrong Rice... Time to grow up, take your diaper off and become a man.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Rice and his agent are not making this decission its the doctors that make it. They have to clear him to play. This is just BS speculation.

As to the the 1/3 not wanting to play I suspect it is higher than that. Very few of them want to play for the Chilly. This season has just become a bunch of guys showing up for work in order to get their pay check IMO. We are not making the play offs this year and most of the free agents are working on their resume for next year. I love the Vikes and I will be pulling for them to win a game here and there but I am not holding out any hope for this season. That went away when the coach put his ego over the good of the team when he fired Moss. I think our team is just keeping their heads down and their mouths shut waiting for the season to end and the sooner the better. I have been a big supporter of the Wilfs but they made a big mistake backing the coach in this decission. When Rice makes it back just think how good we could have been if Moss were still here even if Rice is not 100%.

WWBGD

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

RK. wrote:
    Rice and his agent are not making this decission its the doctors that make it. They have to clear him to play. This is just BS speculation.
    The doctors have cleared him to play. As Childress said last week, it's up to Sidney to tell them that he's ready to go.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Zeus wrote:
    RK. wrote:
    The doctors have cleared him to play. As Childress said last week, it's up to Sidney to tell them that he's ready to go.

=Z=
    And despite what Rice writes in his blog, he's being a biatch. He needs to be on the field with the rest of his teammates.

Big Matt is offline Starter

AngloVike wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I wont blame the agent, I think drew is very good at his job.
    yep as far as scummy agents with no scruples at all Rosenwhore is #1 in his field.. his mother and accountant must be so proud of him. :laugh:
    nice Avatar Anglovike!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't know, I'd rather he be 100% off a major surgery, than rush on the field and get hurt again.

Recovering from an injury is different than just playing hurt. Guys like Berrian, Lewis, Harvin are all hurt, but they're just minor issues, that they can play through. If Rice pushes it, and re-injures his hip, that's his season gone. If Harvin sprains his ankle, couple weeks max.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    I feel for the coaching staffs that are getting raped over the coals by the "Press/Analysts" who can't see the obvious, or see it and refuse to report on it.
    Actually a lot of local analysts are. You just don't listen.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

RK. wrote:

As to the the 1/3 not wanting to play I suspect it is higher than that. Very few of them want to play for the Chilly. This season has just become a bunch of guys showing up for work in order to get their pay check IMO. We are not making the play offs this year and most of the free agents are working on their resume for next year. I love the Vikes and I will be pulling for them to win a game here and there but I am not holding out any hope for this season. That went away when the coach put his ego over the good of the team when he fired Moss. I think our team is just keeping their heads down and their mouths shut waiting for the season to end and the sooner the better. I have been a big supporter of the Wilfs but they made a big mistake backing the coach in this decission. When Rice makes it back just think how good we could have been if Moss were still here even if Rice is not 100%.
    It has nothing to do with the Coach, it has nothing to do with the fans, it has nothing to do with the love of the game.

It does have everything to do with the business at hand and that is making money.

If he opted to go out and play this year and suffered a career ending injury, were would he be?

The team would basically say bye bye.

Now if the team would have elected to sign him to a lucritive contract, with gauranteed money up front, the team would still tear up the contract and say bye bye, but he would have his gauranteed money.

Long story short, if I was Rosenhouse, I would be advising my client to do the same thing especially if I had a client that was a bit prone to injuries like Rice is.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I feel for the coaching staffs that are getting raped over the coals by the "Press/Analysts" who can't see the obvious, or see it and refuse to report on it.
    Actually a lot of local analysts are. You just don't listen.
    You know what my opinion is of the local rubes. They are almost as bad as the idiots on the "Disney" sports channel.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast