Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Sidney Rice To Sit Out All Season

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    5vikingsrule6 wrote:
    Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune both believe that Sidney Rice (hip) will ultimately decide not to play at all this season.
    Rice made the decision not to play in Week 10. The beat writers believe that Rice and agent Drew Rosenhaus won't risk another injury in what is becoming a lost season. Rosenhaus may opt instead to "shop" Rice's 2009 stats in free agency. Per Scoggins, "it would not go over well" if the Vikings responded by using the franchise tag (assuming the option is still available) on Rice in 2011.
    Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=190876&id=4188
    Slightly misleading headline there, don't you think?
    Blame the local sports hacks......
    The actual source article in the Star Tribune has the headline: "If team keeps losing, will Rice opt to sit out all year?"

So, no, I blame the PPOer who can't read.

=Z=
    I hear ya my friend, however, every site out there that has picked it up, read the local hacks article and then went with the same title that rotoworld did.

On a side note, I find it kindof funny how a Chicago hack got the whole nation going against the team (Vikings) his team (Bores) was gonna play, but the local hacks in MN seem to do the exact opposite.

They try to get the locals against the team they are supposed to be supporting. hmy:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    5vikingsrule6 wrote:
    Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune both believe that Sidney Rice (hip) will ultimately decide not to play at all this season.
    Rice made the decision not to play in Week 10. The beat writers believe that Rice and agent Drew Rosenhaus won't risk another injury in what is becoming a lost season. Rosenhaus may opt instead to "shop" Rice's 2009 stats in free agency. Per Scoggins, "it would not go over well" if the Vikings responded by using the franchise tag (assuming the option is still available) on Rice in 2011.
    Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=190876&id=4188
    Slightly misleading headline there, don't you think?
    Blame the local sports hacks......
    The actual source article in the Star Tribune has the headline: "If team keeps losing, will Rice opt to sit out all year?"

So, no, I blame the PPOer who can't read.

=Z=
    I hear ya my friend, however, every site out there that has picked it up, read the local hacks article and then went with the same title that rotoworld did.

On a side note, I find it kindof funny how a Chicago hack got the whole nation going against the team (Vikings) his team (Bores) was gonna play, but the local hacks in MN seem to do the exact opposite.

They try to get the locals against the team they are supposed to be supporting. hmy:
    I think that this was a protracted strategy by Rosenhaus and Rice once the Vikes decided not to extend him in the off season. By doing this he has cost himself $$ and he doesnt want to come back to a team in so much turmoil.

Sad thing is that with him back we could make a run. I bet the Vikes tag him if that tool as available next year. This will undoubtedly piss him off, but to me, its kind of deserved for screwing us this offseason.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Rice calls talk of not playing this year "a bunch of bull"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/17/sidney-rice-calls-talk-of-not-playing-this-year-a-bunch-of-bull/

“That’s a bunch of bull,” Rice writes on his official website. “I wouldn’t dare do the fans or my teammates like that.”
    And from his official website:
    http://www.sidneyrice18.com/2010/11/17/a-bunch-of-bull

Someone out here wrote a column today saying that I wasn’t going to come back and talked about how it related to my contract situation. But you can ask any of the news people around here, not once have I spoken about a contract or wanted money. My objective is to get out on the field and play when I’m healthy and it has nothing to do with my contract.

If you know anything about the CBA, if the contract doesn’t get done I still have to be here two more years anyway, so what’s going on now is definitely not about my contract.

That’s a bunch of bull. I wouldn’t dare do the fans or my teammates like that.

Times like these, some news people just need stories to create and I guess me not getting back on the field yet is something they want to use.

I’m anxious to get out there today and I look forward to Saturday to see how I feel after a hard week of practice. When I wake up hopefully everything will be alright and I’ll be ready to go on Sunday.

My plan is to go. But it will come down to a Saturday decision.
    There you have it.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I said this in the Bores, Vikes post game thread, "I believe the players have taken the season off". Of course a certain someone (Infadel) took that to as a comment only directed towards the Vikes players, when in fact, I was aluding to the whole fricken league.

Not sure how many of you are like me.....Addicted to the game....and watch every game I can, but if you are, I'm sure your seeing stuff like Rice is pulling, going on all over, with almost every team.

a. Lots of OT games.
    b. Teams loosing one week to a "Nobody" team only to win the next week against a "Powerhouse" team.
    c. Rash of injuries.
    d. Lack of effort on the field.

Long story short, worst year for watching the game that I can remember in a long time. My guess, its because about 1/3 of the players, that don't have long term contracts because of this whole CBA issue, are protecting themselves, just as Rice is.

Almost as bad as the baseball strike year. Not quite, but getting close.

I feel for the coaching staffs that are getting raped over the coals by the "Press/Analysts" who can't see the obvious, or see it and refuse to report on it.

LOL, kindof funny when you think about it though. Almost all the fans are convinced these jokers play the game cause they love it and aren't in it for the money.
    1: I agree the Players are in it for the money...they found a VERY lucrative job that doesn't require them to ride a desk or bore themselves to tears on a factory assembly line...and aside from being skilled physically, many of them have no actual marketable skills. In short, many of them couldn't survive in OUR world...and their lifestyle would be no where close. So, yes, on one hand they do it for the money.

2: But this is where you and I diverge. I don't see teams lying down and dying. I don't think the Patriots loss to Cleveland was due to New England quitting on the season...I think Cleveland just showed up and played...and New England did the following week.

I don't see a wide spread conspiracy to "protect yourself" because of the lack of long term contracts...I see a wide spread lack of success by certain individuals...which happens. Are you trying to tell me that Jared Allen isn't giving it 100%? I don't buy that. He's just not getting it DONE.

That said, I see Sydney Rice as another victim of Rosenfucker. He has the 2009 stats to lean on - despite the fact that I believe they are artificially inflated by Favre and my doubts that he will ever produce at that level again. Syd has very little reason to come out and play now...and he can use the hip as an excuse to ride the pine.

If he does, cut his ass. THAT is a cancer. THAT is unacceptable. For a player to be so "me-centric" that he refuses even to take the field.

Syd has been paid for this season...if he refuses to play...dump him. Like I said above, I'm not convinced he's really THAT good. He's GOOD...but he's not GREAT. And franchising him is a waste of cash. He'll be like Nate Burleson - over paid and over rated...then cut and looking for a team to take him in at teh minimum.

"Hey, Nate!! How's Detroit?"

Caine
    Good points.

Agree with you on almost all of it, however, I said about 1/3 of the players, not all of them. That kindof means that 2/3 of the players are playing, mostly cause they are protected, or as protected as they can be with thier contracts/gauranteed money.

As to El Syds prowes/skillset. I do think he is that good. Doesn't make you wrong, or make me right, just an opinion. I think mine has a bit more validity though as he is really the only missing piece from last year to this year, unless of course you want to say CT had that big of a role, and look how bad our offense is this year without him.

Of course you could blame it on QB play if you want but I doubt you willlllllll.......
    I will jump on the "Rice is Great Bandwagon" after 2 things occur:

1: He gets healthy and stays that way.
    2: He repeats his 2009 performance - or comes close - a couple more times.

A receiver can have a good year or two then fizzle...seen it too many times. Right guy, right QB, right situation, then something changes and they disappear. Hopefully Sydney isn't one of those. We'll see. But for now, I call him GOOD.

More importantly, it is nice to see him come out and debunk that earlier story. The SAD thing is that Rosenfuckyourself has such a crap reputation that throwing HIS name into that scenario made it plausible.

It's nice to see that Sydney is of a much higher character.

Hopefully he takes the field versus GB...but even if he does, I don't think he alone can revitalize our offense.

Caine

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/17/sidney-rice-calls-talk-of-not-playing-this-year-a-bunch-of-bull/

“That’s a bunch of bull,” Rice writes on his official website. “I wouldn’t dare do the fans or my teammates like that.”

Someone out here wrote a column today saying that I wasn’t going to come back and talked about how it related to my contract situation. But you can ask any of the news people around here, not once have I spoken about a contract or wanted money. My objective is to get out on the field and play when I’m healthy and it has nothing to do with my contract.

If you know anything about the CBA, if the contract doesn’t get done I still have to be here two more years anyway, so what’s going on now is definitely not about my contract.

Times like these, some news people just need stories to create and I guess me not getting back on the field yet is something they want to use.

I’m anxious to get out there today and I look forward to Saturday to see how I feel after a hard week of practice. When I wake up hopefully everything will be alright and I’ll be ready to go on Sunday.

There you have it.
    Saw this after I posted my thought. I am glad Sidney came out and said this. I hope that we can get him on the field as well as work out a deal.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

slavinator wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

There you have it.
    Saw this after I posted my thought. I am glad Sidney came out and said this. I hope that we can get him on the field as well as work out a deal.
    Guess that's all up to Rosenfuckyourself.

Just wanted to try it in a sentence, it works quite nice. I think you have something with this one Caine.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

i_bleed_purple wrote:

There you have it.
    His words and his actions are saying two different things.
    He sat out last week because he was sore, not 100%.
    Screw that, your team needs you. Nobody on the team is 100%. I think most players would have played and all of the greats would have played. He could have helped his team, some of whom are much further from 100% then he is.

He let his teammates and his fans down.

I wont blame the agent, I think drew is very good at his job.

Heck we have seen what can happen when a player decides he doesn't need an agent twice now(Pep & Moss).

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach

Of course he's going to say he'll try, and that the report is BS. I'll believe him when I see him take the field on Sunday, but something tells me that's not going to happen because that's just how this season is going. He can say whatever he wants on his site to make himself look like the good guy, because he can always use the injury as an excuse to back out. It's too convenient, and he's in a no lose situation.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I will believe it when I see it
    We're bringing purple back.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    I wont blame the agent, I think drew is very good at his job.
    yep as far as scummy agents with no scruples at all Rosenwhore is #1 in his field.. his mother and accountant must be so proud of him. :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast