Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    5vikingsrule6 is offline Training Camp

Sidney Rice To Sit Out All Season

Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune both believe that Sidney Rice (hip) will ultimately decide not to play at all this season.
    Rice made the decision not to play in Week 10. The beat writers believe that Rice and agent Drew Rosenhaus won't risk another injury in what is becoming a lost season. Rosenhaus may opt instead to "shop" Rice's 2009 stats in free agency. Per Scoggins, "it would not go over well" if the Vikings responded by using the franchise tag (assuming the option is still available) on Rice in 2011.
    Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=190876&id=4188

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Sidney Rice To Sit Out All Season

So Rosenwhore and his client are worried that his payday could be affected by the chance he might get injured again? Last time I looked Rice wasn't anyway related to Berrian and so isn't likely to develop turf toe or sore nuts through dashing to the sideline pre-game.
    Wonder how much this would have changed had the season being going better, sure the chance of picking up another injury wouldn't factor into that little equation.

Ah well looks like we'll be looking for a WR in the first three rounds of the draft, along with OL & QB :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I said this in the Bores, Vikes post game thread, "I believe the players have taken the season off". Of course a certain someone (Infadel) took that to as a comment only directed towards the Vikes players, when in fact, I was aluding to the whole fricken league.

Not sure how many of you are like me.....Addicted to the game....and watch every game I can, but if you are, I'm sure your seeing stuff like Rice is pulling, going on all over, with almost every team.

a. Lots of OT games.
    b. Teams loosing one week to a "Nobody" team only to win the next week against a "Powerhouse" team.
    c. Rash of injuries.
    d. Lack of effort on the field.

Long story short, worst year for watching the game that I can remember in a long time. My guess, its because about 1/3 of the players, that don't have long term contracts because of this whole CBA issue, are protecting themselves, just as Rice is.

Almost as bad as the baseball strike year. Not quite, but getting close.

I feel for the coaching staffs that are getting raped over the coals by the "Press/Analysts" who can't see the obvious, or see it and refuse to report on it.

LOL, kindof funny when you think about it though. Almost all the fans are convinced these jokers play the game cause they love it and aren't in it for the money.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would cut him. He is too fragile and unproven to really be of use to us over the long haul. He had a great season last year but it isn't like those numbers are impossible to replace if you get a competent coaching staff.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    I said this in the Bores, Vikes post game thread, "I believe the players have taken the season off". Of course a certain someone (Infadel) took that to as a comment only directed towards the Vikes players, when in fact, I was aluding to the whole fricken league.

Not sure how many of you are like me.....Addicted to the game....and watch every game I can, but if you are, I'm sure your seeing stuff like Rice is pulling, going on all over, with almost every team.

a. Lots of OT games.
    b. Teams loosing one week to a "Nobody" team only to win the next week against a "Powerhouse" team.
    c. Rash of injuries.

Long story short, worst year for watching the game that I can remember in a long time. My guess, its because about 1/3 of the players, that don't have long term contracts because of this whole CBA issue, are protecting themselves, just as Rice is.

I feel for the coaching staffs that are getting raped over the coals by the "Press/Analysts" who can't see the obvious, or see it and refuse to report on it.

LOL, kindof funny when you think about it though. Almost all the fans are convinced these jokers play the game cause they love it and aren't in it for the money.
    1: I agree the Players are in it for the money...they found a VERY lucrative job that doesn't require them to ride a desk or bore themselves to tears on a factory assembly line...and aside from being skilled physically, many of them have no actual marketable skills. In short, many of them couldn't survive in OUR world...and their lifestyle would be no where close. So, yes, on one hand they do it for the money.

2: But this is where you and I diverge. I don't see teams lying down and dying. I don't think the Patriots loss to Cleveland was due to New England quitting on the season...I think Cleveland just showed up and played...and New England did the following week.

I don't see a wide spread conspiracy to "protect yourself" because of the lack of long term contracts...I see a wide spread lack of success by certain individuals...which happens. Are you trying to tell me that Jared Allen isn't giving it 100%? I don't buy that. He's just not getting it DONE.

That said, I see Sydney Rice as another victim of Rosenfucker. He has the 2009 stats to lean on - despite the fact that I believe they are artificially inflated by Favre and my doubts that he will ever produce at that level again. Syd has very little reason to come out and play now...and he can use the hip as an excuse to ride the pine.

If he does, cut his ass. THAT is a cancer. THAT is unacceptable. For a player to be so "me-centric" that he refuses even to take the field.

Syd has been paid for this season...if he refuses to play...dump him. Like I said above, I'm not convinced he's really THAT good. He's GOOD...but he's not GREAT. And franchising him is a waste of cash. He'll be like Nate Burleson - over paid and over rated...then cut and looking for a team to take him in at teh minimum.

"Hey, Nate!! How's Detroit?"

Caine

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Why is everyone trying to ashame our team?wow man.. after all what have happened with him and now this? this kid has a nerve ,fuck you moronic prima donna.
    El underdog.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

5vikingsrule6 wrote:
    Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune both believe that Sidney Rice (hip) will ultimately decide not to play at all this season.
    Rice made the decision not to play in Week 10. The beat writers believe that Rice and agent Drew Rosenhaus won't risk another injury in what is becoming a lost season. Rosenhaus may opt instead to "shop" Rice's 2009 stats in free agency. Per Scoggins, "it would not go over well" if the Vikings responded by using the franchise tag (assuming the option is still available) on Rice in 2011.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=190876&id=4188
    Slightly misleading headline there, don't you think?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

a. Lots of OT games.
    c. Rash of injuries.

1: I agree the Players are in it for the money...they found a VERY lucrative job that doesn't require them to ride a desk or bore themselves to tears on a factory assembly line...and aside from being skilled physically, many of them have no actual marketable skills. In short, many of them couldn't survive in OUR world...and their lifestyle would be no where close. So, yes, on one hand they do it for the money.

2: But this is where you and I diverge. I don't see teams lying down and dying. I don't think the Patriots loss to Cleveland was due to New England quitting on the season...I think Cleveland just showed up and played...and New England did the following week.

I don't see a wide spread conspiracy to "protect yourself" because of the lack of long term contracts...I see a wide spread lack of success by certain individuals...which happens. Are you trying to tell me that Jared Allen isn't giving it 100%? I don't buy that. He's just not getting it DONE.

That said, I see Sydney Rice as another victim of Rosenfucker. He has the 2009 stats to lean on - despite the fact that I believe they are artificially inflated by Favre and my doubts that he will ever produce at that level again. Syd has very little reason to come out and play now...and he can use the hip as an excuse to ride the pine.

If he does, cut his ass. THAT is a cancer. THAT is unacceptable. For a player to be so "me-centric" that he refuses even to take the field.

Syd has been paid for this season...if he refuses to play...dump him. Like I said above, I'm not convinced he's really THAT good. He's GOOD...but he's not GREAT. And franchising him is a waste of cash. He'll be like Nate Burleson - over paid and over rated...then cut and looking for a team to take him in at teh minimum.

"Hey, Nate!! How's Detroit?"

Caine
    Good points.

Agree with you on almost all of it, however, I said about 1/3 of the players, not all of them. That kindof means that 2/3 of the players are playing, mostly cause they are protected, or as protected as they can be with thier contracts/gauranteed money.

As to El Syds prowes/skillset. I do think he is that good. Doesn't make you wrong, or make me right, just an opinion. I think mine has a bit more validity though as he is really the only missing piece from last year to this year, unless of course you want to say CT had that big of a role, and look how bad our offense is this year without him.

Of course you could blame it on QB play if you want but I doubt you willlllllll.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus wrote:
    5vikingsrule6 wrote:

=Z=
    Blame the local sports hacks......

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    5vikingsrule6 wrote:

Blame the local sports hacks......
    The actual source article in the Star Tribune has the headline: "If team keeps losing, will Rice opt to sit out all year?"

So, no, I blame the PPOer who can't read.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast