Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Sidney Rice’s name surfaces in credit card scam

It just keeps getting better.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/17/sidney-rices-name-surfaces-in-case-regarding-credit-card-sca/

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Sidney Rice’s name surfaces in credit card scam

Rice has not been arrested or charged, and there’s no reason to currently believe he was aware of the scam.
    Just like the Cook issue. Lets see what happens over time as the facts come out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091755
    Rice has not been arrested or charged, and there’s no reason to currently believe he was aware of the scam.
    Just like the Cook issue. Lets see what happens over time as the facts come out.
    Or, over time a whitewashed version of the truth will come out.

Of course he'll deny knowing they were stolen...doesn't make it true....

I deny knowing who Marrdro is all day long....doesn't make it true...

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1091759

Caine
    LOL, finally back to cracking me up again I see. Good to see the old Caine my friend.

On a side note, Rice is still on my shitlist. Wouldn't bother me a bit to see him take his high flying, protect myself at the expense of the team, ass someplace else.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091762

Caine
    LOL, finally back to cracking me up again I see. Good to see the old Caine my friend.

On a side note, Rice is still on my shitlist. Wouldn't bother me a bit to see him take his high flying, protect myself at the expense of the team, ass someplace else.
    Still not sure how much was "protect myself" and how much was "Oh, crap, this injury IS serious"...but he's been on my shitlist too. Mostly because I don't think he's worth what HE thinks he's worth, and I'd honestly rather part ways with him than over pay him.

We already have a money drain called Bernard Berrian...we don't need another.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1091766

Caine

Still not sure how much was "protect myself" and how much was "Oh, crap, this injury IS serious"...but he's been on my shitlist too. Mostly because I don't think he's worth what HE thinks he's worth, and I'd honestly rather part ways with him than over pay him.

Caine
    Good post. IMHO, the money drain isn't BB but rather the Dome. I just can't help but get the feeling the checkbook has been closed to a point that they won't be doing anything that will make you say, WOW.

If I am correct, the players already know this cause their agents are telling them which kindof gets back to the whole "Rice Protecting Himself" thing.

Again, probably just me over thinking things again, but you gotta admit, its a good discussion point regardless of how accurate it might or might not be.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091768
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1091766

Caine

Caine
    Good post. IMHO, the money drain isn't BB but rather the Dome. I just can't help but get the feeling the checkbook has been closed to a point that they won't be doing anything that will make you say, WOW.

If I am correct, the players already know this cause their agents are telling them which kindof gets back to the whole "Rice Protecting Himself" thing.

Again, probably just me over thinking things again, but you gotta admit, its a good discussion point regardless of how accurate it might or might not be.
    Not sure how not fixing/upgrading the Dome would affect the Players so much.... It would piss off the fans and owners, but the effect on the players would be minimal.

And if Zygi were setting up for a cross-country ditch, that wouldn't adversely affect the players either...unless they hate L.A. too...

In THIS case, however, they said he flew "several" times...that means he went back to the well. He HAD to know something was up, even if he never specifically asked that question (to protect himself if they got busted).

Just another negative check mark in the Rice column...

Caine

[quote="Caine" #1091770Not sure how not fixing/upgrading the Dome would affect the Players so much.... It would piss off the fans and owners, but the effect on the players would be minimal.

And if Zygi were setting up for a cross-country ditch, that wouldn't adversely affect the players either...unless they hate L.A. too...

[/quote]
    My rationale is based on the assumption that he isn't lying and is trying to stay in MN.

In THIS case, however, they said he flew "several" times...that means he went back to the well. He HAD to know something was up, even if he never specifically asked that question (to protect himself if they got busted).

Caine
    Maybe he uses the same travel agent everytime he flies and they are the ones using the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091781
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1091770
    Not sure how not fixing/upgrading the Dome would affect the Players so much.... It would piss off the fans and owners, but the effect on the players would be minimal.

My rationale is based on the assumption that he isn't lying and is trying to stay in MN.
    Still not sure how it would affect the Players. Their contracts are not negotiated with Stadium concerns in mind. Nor is their on-field performance impacted by Luxury suites or naming rights.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091781
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1091770

Caine
    Maybe he uses the same travel agent everytime he flies and they are the ones using the cards.
    Riiiight...because these yahoos sound like legit travel agents....
    :woohoo:

Caine

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

during a trial involving a woman named Winsome White
    Do you suppose that was her given name?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast