Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Ranger is offline Coach

Re: Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin competing for the starting spot

Oh man, Wade is a bum?
    That's pretty unfair, imo.

He's been a very solid player for us.
    He's not a superstar or anything, but he's definitely a quality receiver.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Rice baby

Start Rice

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Rice is more of a playmaker and Wade is more kind of slut solid receiver.I d like Rice to start but the chilly will go for the sure bet with Wade I guess.I am pretty sure though that in the end of the season Harvin and Berrian will be the starters....
    El underdog.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    they tried to replace bwade last year with Rice.. the more explosive option would be to start Rice in the slot with Harvin on the outside...

Wade is decent but ideally he's a bumb!.. i would not be sad to see him cut...
    This is sorta what I mean when I say Vikings fans are fickle...

Wade has led the team in receptions the past two seasons, but you want him cut?
    Why not just cut Holt? Personally, I would get ride of AA who serves no purpose on this team.
    your trippin... both of you... AA has a ton of talent.. i just dont' think the coaches can develop it.. there was no reason to take him off of kick offs last season when he did a pretty decent job of it as a rookie.. If they use Harvin on ST aside from maybe punt returns it will only go to show how stupid they are..

I'm not a fickle vikings fan.. are you nutz!??!!!! I can just see how based on talent, b.wade has probably less than the rest of the guys on the team... but he's a veteran and mildly savvy.. give the rest of the guys his tenure in the league and you have better players...

and aside from what you think, leading the vikes in receptions last year, with what? 55? is nothing to be happy about...

so your gonna tell me B.Wade is a better slot option over a healthy Rice or Harvin?... c'mon your trippin... both of those guys are bigger and faster.... you act just because he caught a few balls he's a juggernaut...

he's a bumb!!.. that's why the Titans with the worst receiving core in the NFL let him go... that's why we were the only team trying to get him.. that's why the Bores let him go...

c'mon man!!.. just because you realize this is a numbers game and based on talent and potential i'd rather have a bunch of younger guys who are faster and bigger step in and play than an old slow vet...

fickle?.. doubt it... i'm just calling it as i see it in wanting the best talent on the team.... i'm sorry i'm just not a fan and think we can upgrade...
    I see what you're saying but Bobby Wade seems to be the only guy we know for sure what he is other than Berrian

Berrian - Our #1 guy, obviously a deep threat
    AA - Talented but hasn't proven it
    Rice - Very talented but hasn't stayed healthy
    Harvin - Very Talented, still a rookie, possible off the field issues (although I doubt it)
    Wade - Solid, hasn't missed a game in 3 years

I'm guessing Holt, Reynaud, and Johnson will all just be trying to even make the team on ST

Long story short..Wade is here to stay and I'm happy about it.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Tad7" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    they tried to replace bwade last year with Rice.. the more explosive option would be to start Rice in the slot with Harvin on the outside...

Why not just cut Holt? Personally, I would get ride of AA who serves no purpose on this team.
    your trippin... both of you... AA has a ton of talent.. i just dont' think the coaches can develop it.. there was no reason to take him off of kick offs last season when he did a pretty decent job of it as a rookie.. If they use Harvin on ST aside from maybe punt returns it will only go to show how stupid they are..

I'm not a fickle vikings fan.. are you nutz!??!!!! I can just see how based on talent, b.wade has probably less than the rest of the guys on the team... but he's a veteran and mildly savvy.. give the rest of the guys his tenure in the league and you have better players...

and aside from what you think, leading the vikes in receptions last year, with what? 55? is nothing to be happy about...

so your gonna tell me B.Wade is a better slot option over a healthy Rice or Harvin?... c'mon your trippin... both of those guys are bigger and faster.... you act just because he caught a few balls he's a juggernaut...

he's a bumb!!.. that's why the Titans with the worst receiving core in the NFL let him go... that's why we were the only team trying to get him.. that's why the Bores let him go...

c'mon man!!.. just because you realize this is a numbers game and based on talent and potential i'd rather have a bunch of younger guys who are faster and bigger step in and play than an old slow vet...

fickle?.. doubt it... i'm just calling it as i see it in wanting the best talent on the team.... i'm sorry i'm just not a fan and think we can upgrade...
    I see what you're saying but Bobby Wade seems to be the only guy we know for sure what he is other than Berrian

Berrian - Our #1 guy, obviously a deep threat
    AA - Talented but hasn't proven it
    Rice - Very talented but hasn't stayed healthy
    Harvin - Very Talented, still a rookie, possible off the field issues (although I doubt it)
    Wade - Solid, hasn't missed a game in 3 years

I'm guessing Holt, Reynaud, and Johnson will all just be trying to even make the team on ST

Long story short..Wade is here to stay and I'm happy about it.
    Stepping back for a moment...

Berrian:
    Couldn't seperate with consistancy early in tghe season.
    Hoping for improved output (similar to latter half of last season) all year this time around.

Wade:
    Solid.
    Doesn't frighten anyone, but catches almost everything thrown to him.
    While he lacks the sexy "Deep Threat" tag, Bobby Wade has been the ONLY consistant receiver on the Vikings roster for the past 3 seasons.
    Reminds me a lot of Jake Reed in terms of role.

Rice:
    Hurt last season, slow to recover.
    Not sure what we have here yet since we haven't seen him with any consistancy.
    He has shown flashes of being a better than average receiver - and possibly a downright scary one - but we don't know for sure.

Harvin:
    Can the college kid make the transition?
    We'll see.

Allison:
    Plays when he's on the field.
    Not spectacular, but servicable.

Based upon what we KNOW right now, in 2 receiver sets I'd start Berrian and Wade.
    In 3 receiver sets, Berrian, Wade, and Rice.
    If Rice or Harvin want Wades jop, they'll have to earn it...and speed alone won't do that (Ask Troy Williamson).

Caine

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Ranger" wrote:
    Oh man, Wade is a bum?

ok maybe a bum is a little harsh.. but he wouldn't start for 99% of any team in the NFL and he's our leading receiver.. that should tell you all you need to know...

let's go down the list shall we?

Dallas - WIlliams/Crayton - Nope
    New York - Hixon/Smith/Nicks- Nope
    Philly - Jackson/Williams/Maclin- Nope
    Washington - Moss/Randle El- Nope

Buffalo - Owens/Evans- Hell Nope
    Miami - Ginn/Camarillo/Bess- Nope
    New England - Moss/Welker- HELL Nope
    Jets - Stucky/Cotchery- Nope

Arizona - Boldin/Fitz- Hell Nope
    San fran - Crabtree/Bruce/Morgan- Nope
    seattle - Housh/Branch- Nope
    St. Louis - Avery / Burton?? who? ok maybe he could start here...

Baltimore - Mason/Clayton- Nope
    Cincy - Johnson/Coles- Nope
    Cleveland - Edwards/Stallworth/Cribbs- Nope
    Pittsburgh - Ward/Holmes- Nope

Chicago - Hester/Davis/Bennett- Nope
    Detroit - Johnson/Johnson- Nope
    greenbay - Jennings/Driver- Hell Nope

Denver - Marshall/Royal- Nope
    Kansas City - Bowe/Bradley/Ingram- Nope
    Oakland - Walker/Higgins/Heyward-bey- Nope
    San Diego - Chambers/Jackson- Nope

Atlanta - WHite/Jenkins- Nope
    Carolina - Smith/Muhammad- Nope
    New orleans - Moore/Colston- Nope
    Tampa Bay - Bryant/Clayton- Nope

Houston - Johnson/walter- Nope
    Indy - Wayne/Gonzalez- Nope
    Jacksonville - Holt/Northcutt - maybe
    Tennessee - Washington/Gage/Britt - Nope they gladly let him go so we know he wont here...

so ok, i was wrong, he'd probably start for about 2 other teams in the league.. maybe.. so what's that? 6% of the league would take him...

but he shouldn't be cut??.. Ryan Cook could start for more teams than that.. that should tell you something..

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Towards the end of the season, I would like to see both Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin above Bobby Wade at the depth chart. Bobby Wade is a nice guy and a decent player, but he's just plain boring. Opposing defenses will never be saying: "Oh, we have to watch out for this guy!" but Rice and Harvin has that potential to be that type of player. In college, you had to game plan for Percy Harvin and Harvin's role at his team was so special that his coach even called Harvin's position: "the Percy Harvin position". As for Sidney Rice, he has the potential to draw double coverage.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Oh man, Wade is a bum?

ok maybe a bum is a little harsh.. but he wouldn't start for 99% of any team in the NFL and he's our leading receiver.. that should tell you all you need to know...

let's go down the list shall we?

Dallas - WIlliams/Crayton - Nope
    New York - Hixon/Smith/Nicks- Nope
    Philly - Jackson/Williams/Maclin- Nope
    Washington - Moss/Randle El- Nope

Buffalo - Owens/Evans- Hell Nope
    Miami - Ginn/Camarillo/Bess- Nope
    New England - Moss/Welker- HELL Nope
    Jets - Stucky/Cotchery- Nope

Arizona - Boldin/Fitz- Hell Nope
    San fran - Crabtree/Bruce/Morgan- Nope
    seattle - Housh/Branch- Nope
    St. Louis - Avery / Burton?? who? ok maybe he could start here...

Baltimore - Mason/Clayton- Nope
    Cincy - Johnson/Coles- Nope
    Cleveland - Edwards/Stallworth/Cribbs- Nope
    Pittsburgh - Ward/Holmes- Nope

Chicago - Hester/Davis/Bennett- Nope
    Detroit - Johnson/Johnson- Nope
    greenbay - Jennings/Driver- Hell Nope

Denver - Marshall/Royal- Nope
    Kansas City - Bowe/Bradley/Ingram- Nope
    Oakland - Walker/Higgins/Heyward-bey- Nope
    San Diego - Chambers/Jackson- Nope

Atlanta - WHite/Jenkins- Nope
    Carolina - Smith/Muhammad- Nope
    New orleans - Moore/Colston- Nope
    Tampa Bay - Bryant/Clayton- Nope

Houston - Johnson/walter- Nope
    Indy - Wayne/Gonzalez- Nope
    Jacksonville - Holt/Northcutt - maybe
    Tennessee - Washington/Gage/Britt - Nope they gladly let him go so we know he wont here...

so ok, i was wrong, he'd probably start for about 2 other teams in the league.. maybe.. so what's that? 6% of the league would take him...

but he shouldn't be cut??.. Ryan Cook could start for more teams than that.. that should tell you something..
    Most teams run 3 or 4 reciever sets all the time. Just because a player isn't a superstar doesn't mean they don't contribute.
    If we asked the same question about Sydney Rice or Andre Allison we would get a similar answer, does that mean they should be cut too? Ryan Cook could start for more teams than that.
    Wade is our 2nd best reciever. Hopefully Rice and Harvin improve and Wade becomes our 4th best reciever, but so far that has not happened and there is no guarantee it will, even if it did though you still don't cut your 4th best reciever, most teams carry 6 recievers I believe.

Ranger is offline Coach

It's been mentioned, but Wade is a solid option in the slot, or for a third receiver.
    He's a quality player worth having on the roster.
    Unfortunately, we're in a situation where he's being put into a #2 receiver position, or 1A, and he's not really the ideal player for that.

Assuming Rice suddenly steps his game up and plays lights out, and Harvin lives up to his college hype, and 'Nard continues to produce....then we might be able to consider cutting him.
    Until then, we don't have enough receivers of quality to think about cutting him.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

Agreed.
    Wade has a knack for finding soft spots in a D's zone.
    He was clutch in converting a lot of our key 3rd/4th and long plays last year.
    He has easily been our most reliable pass catcher.

People point to the fact that the Bears and Jax got rid of him.
    They complain that he lead us in receiving with only 55 receptions.
    Let me ask this question: wtf has been throwing to him for to excel?
    Grossman?
    Leftwich/Gerrard? Tjack/Frerotee?
    Holy shit.
    Randy Moss would have productivity issues in those offenses.
    Wade is an all around solid, veteran leader on receiving corp.
    Cut the guy some slack.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast