Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin competing for the starting spot

[size=14pt]Rice OK, competes with Harvin[/size]

link: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players...age/518593/rss

Quote from Sidney Rice' blog:
    "Yes, we're competing for the same position, but we're teammates so I want to help him along so he can do his best and help us win games. Anything he needs, I'm going to be there for him. Having someone look out for you when you come into the league is a big help. I had Troy Williamson, Robert Ferguson, Bobby Wade."
    On a side note:
    Rice also said last year's knee injury is in the past. "I'm pretty much over my injury, I'm running routes at full speed, I just need to get my strength back to 100 percent,"

Who do you want to start opposite Bernard Berrian this seasn?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin competing for the starting spot

The best player, Bobby Wade.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

I see this becoming much like the situation AD/CT started in Ad's first year. Give the job to the vet until it's clear the rookie deserves it. So Bobby Wade will start, but Percy will eventually win it. Sid will be our red zone guy until his knee is ACTUALLY 100%. Until that happens, he doesn't have a chance.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

A healthy Sidney Rice should have a breakout season, providing the poss. reciever we need. He will start opposite Berrian. Harvin will have several set packages for him, but look for Bobby Wade to start, and let Percy grow into more playing time.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

they tried to replace bwade last year with Rice.. the more explosive option would be to start Rice in the slot with Harvin on the outside...

Wade is decent but ideally he's a bumb!.. i would not be sad to see him cut...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    they tried to replace bwade last year with Rice.. the more explosive option would be to start Rice in the slot with Harvin on the outside...

Cut? Come on now. 28 years old. I think we'll let him play his contract out. I think he could excel in a Favre offense.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"bleedpurple" wrote:

This is sorta what I mean when I say Vikings fans are fickle...

Wade has led the team in receptions the past two seasons, but you want him cut?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Here's my breakdown of our wide receiver core in 2009:
    Bernard Berrian - our number one receiver for shure, the vet who got the most experience among the receivers on our team.
    Bobby Wade - the second most experienced WR on our roster, started opposite Bernard Berrian last year and did a decent job in 2007 too. Not spectacular, in any ways, but consistent.
    Sidney Rice - may be the WR with the most potential (at least next to Percy harvin) but is still raw, looks alot like Randy Moss without the attitude and blazing speed. Seems like a great locker influence and team player.
    Aundrae Allison - also has nice potentials, but is still very raw and inexperienced. Was drafted in the same draft as Rice two season ago.
    Percy Harvin - definitely one of the best rookie receivers this year, talent wise. Could have been a top 10 pick under different circumstances (better combine, wonderlic test, drug test etc.) Could be a fenomenal slot receiver and even in the backfield at times. Might be one of those rookie receivers who could contribute and adapt to the pros right away.

Here's how I think it should be:

Depth chart:
    Berrian
    Rice
    Harvin
    (should be 4th at the halfback depth chart and may return kicks too)
    Wade
    Allison

An example of how 3 receivers would line up on the field:

Bernard Berrian

Sidney Rice

Percy Harvin

Quarterback [insert name here]

EDIT: I forgot that we signed Holt this season

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

Why not just cut Holt? Personally, I would get ride of AA who serves no purpose on this team.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

Why not just cut Holt? Personally, I would get ride of AA who serves no purpose on this team.
    your trippin... both of you... AA has a ton of talent.. i just dont' think the coaches can develop it.. there was no reason to take him off of kick offs last season when he did a pretty decent job of it as a rookie.. If they use Harvin on ST aside from maybe punt returns it will only go to show how stupid they are..

I'm not a fickle vikings fan.. are you nutz!??!!!! I can just see how based on talent, b.wade has probably less than the rest of the guys on the team... but he's a veteran and mildly savvy.. give the rest of the guys his tenure in the league and you have better players...

and aside from what you think, leading the vikes in receptions last year, with what? 55? is nothing to be happy about...

so your gonna tell me B.Wade is a better slot option over a healthy Rice or Harvin?... c'mon your trippin... both of those guys are bigger and faster.... you act just because he caught a few balls he's a juggernaut...

he's a bumb!!.. that's why the Titans with the worst receiving core in the NFL let him go... that's why we were the only team trying to get him.. that's why the Bores let him go...

c'mon man!!.. just because you realize this is a numbers game and based on talent and potential i'd rather have a bunch of younger guys who are faster and bigger step in and play than an old slow vet...

fickle?.. doubt it... i'm just calling it as i see it in wanting the best talent on the team.... i'm sorry i'm just not a fan and think we can upgrade...

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast