Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Sidney Rice is off crutches, on the practice field

Why are we bickering about our favorite team? We all love the Vikes, and even more great news is that Sydney is close to being back. It's going to be about three weeks. By the end of the season.

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

Infidel wrote:
    Get back to me when you have something relevant to say.
    Huh?

It was a simple question. No need to get so defensive, Sally. Drink a cranberry juice.
    None

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Infidel wrote:
    Get back to me when you have something relevant to say.

Or as Jeff Spicoli said "...what a dick."

Is it too difficult for you to grasp the meaning of immobility when it is used with reference to a QB? Immobile, as opposed to a mobile QB like, say Romo or Rodgers.

There's no need to give us definitions and pronunciations. Are you going to diagram our sentences too? We all (you included) know what I was referring to...but methinks you get your jollies out of breaking chops and attempting to crawl under one's skin.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

There's no need to give us definitions and pronunciations.
    Well, there's a painful need to give you definitions, that's obvious.....and......I'd explain that pronunciations do not apply here, but it's just as obvious that you wouldn't be able to process that information any better than you do definitions.

For anyone to say that Favre is totally immobile is clearly wrong factually.

Get your facts straight.

And grow up.

Spicoli my ass.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

VikingMike wrote:
    OK, OK...I was referring to the receivers and AD. You guys don't get a chubby when you see these weapons at Favre's disposal? Clearly a lot of things have to come together yet.

IMO, as to the tackles, I think they had a pretty good game v. the Cowboys. Favre is totally immobile...and that's not good. And he's holding the ball too long.
    I might but the the reality of Childress coaching them on the sidelines just drains the blood right out of it.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Infidel wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Favre is totally immobile...and that's not good.
    LOL! Yeah, he's in a wheelchair.

Have a nice trip back to your Galaxy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    so you believe Farve is a mobile QB?
    Here's a definition for our vocabulary challenged pal:

Immobile [??m??ba?l]
    adj
    1. not moving; motionless
    2. not able to move or be moved; fixed
    immobility [??m???b?l?t?] n

I hope I don't have post the definition of mobile as well.

Yes, Favre is mobile.

Even after repeated failures of the Doodles involving him being engulfed and then crushed by 1000 pounds of pass rush.....he has always gotten up to play again....sometimes slowly, but he has always gotten up to play again.

Let us hope that he continues to do so.

Obi-Wan Favre is our last, best hope. Lacking him....we are fresh out of Jedi warriors.

I see what you mean. you almost can't tell the difference between brett and fran tarkenton behind the line of scrimmage. both of them being mobile QB's and all.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Brett Favre is slightly more mobile than Sidney Rice right now.

He's 41 years old with a bum ankle.

He's always had great movement in the pocket, on rollouts, etc. He's not Randall Cunningham, not a runner. Mobile QBs are not necessarily running QBs.

But despite Favre's past mobility, he's old and beat up, right now he might be the least mobile QB in the NFL.

By definition he is mobile, he can move. But in this context he has very limited mobility.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Mr Anderson wrote:

He's always had great movement in the pocket, on rollouts, etc. He's not Randall Cunningham, not a runner. Mobile QBs are not necessarily running QBs.

But despite Favre's past mobility, he's old and beat up, right now he might be the least mobile QB in the NFL.

By definition he is mobile, he can move. But in this context he has very limited mobility.
    Not to turn this into another brett topic but Marino was one of the most immobile QB's I have ever seen and he did just fine because he could read a defense, anticipate the pressure, and slide around to use the Ol as a shield while he also had a very fast release. Brett has enough experience now where he should be able to buy a few more ticks just by sliding away from pressure and making the throw. I am not so sure he is any less mobile than Brady or Manning

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Purple Floyd wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

Not to turn this into another brett topic but Marino was one of the most immobile QB's I have ever seen and he did just fine because he could read a defense, anticipate the pressure, and slide around to use the Ol as a shield while he also had a very fast release. Brett has enough experience now where he should be able to buy a few more ticks just by sliding away from pressure and making the throw. I am not so sure he is any less mobile than Brady or Manning
    I don't think he's capable of making those slides right now with the shape his ankle is in. He's looked pretty bad in the pocket this year.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Infidel wrote:
    There's no need to give us definitions and pronunciations.
    Well, there's a painful need to give you definitions, that's obvious.....and......I'd explain that pronunciations do not apply here, but it's just as obvious that you wouldn't be able to process that information any better than you do definitions.

For anyone to say that Favre is totally immobile is clearly wrong factually.

Get your facts straight.

And grow up.

Spicoli my ass.

Hey now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast