Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Sidney Rice - the new Jerry Rice

Sidney Rice and Jerry Rice may have their last name in common, but I think there's more.
    Everybody's talking about how Adrian Peterson was the greatest draft pick in 2007 (which I agree with), but I think he overshadows the Vikes' next draft pick that same year, Sidney Rice. He didn't produce the big numbers in his rookie season, but I truly belive this guy can be something big in the future, mabe even this year if he gets a good quarterback throwing to him.

Sidney Rice:
    height: 6-4
    weight: 202

Just look at one of his stats in 2007. His 4 TDs receptions makes him the teamleader in TD receptions, which is pretty good by any rookie. D. Bowe was the only rookie who had more TDs than him (5 TDS) and remember that Rice is playing for a very bad passing team (face it Vikings fan! we suck both against the pass and when we pass).

Sidney Rice is still very raw for playing in NFL, but I have the feeling he'll improve much over the years, cause from what I saw from him in 2007, he has potential.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sidney Rice - the new Jerry Rice

I'm a fan of Rice too, shows promise.
    What a relief after watching Troy Williamson dishonor the colors.

Don't buy into all the 'sucking against the pass' bullshit pushed down your throat by the media hacks.
    They use yds given up instead of a statistic that matters more, pts given up.
    The Vikings came in at #13 in that statistic.
    Can there be improvements?
    Sure.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

nibelungen is offline Training Camp

What I like most about Rice is the excitement he adds to our offense. For example the fade TD a la Moss is one game and the leap into the endzone from 4yds out in another. Dierdoff in the San Diego game described AD as a player you can't take your eyes off -- well, I think Rice may prove to be the same type of player for us. Wade may be our sure-handed possession receiver but Rice could be our 'Moss'. Ouch! did I just say that?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

: Fuck the combine & the draft scouts. We only need to look at their last names & sign them soley based on that.

Can't wait for a receiver named Moss to come on out college.

Gives a whole new meaning to signing "big name" players.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

nibelungen is offline Training Camp

"singersp" wrote:
    : floop the combine & the draft scouts. We only need to look at their last names & sign them soley based on that.

Can't wait for a receiver named Moss to come on out college.

Gives a whole new meaning to signing "big name" players.
    I hear there's a QB available from NYC College named John E. Unitas...

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"HEY" wrote:
    Sidney Rice and Jerry Rice may have their last name in common, but I think there's more.
    Everybody's talking about how Adrian Peterson was the greatest draft pick in 2007 (which I agree with), but I think he overshadows the Vikes' next draft pick that same year, Sidney Rice. He didn't produce the big numbers in his rookie season, but I truly belive this guy can be something big in the future, mabe even this year if he gets a good quarterback throwing to him.

Sidney Rice:

Just look at one of his stats in 2007. His 4 TDs receptions makes him the teamleader in TD receptions, which is pretty good by any rookie. D. Bowe was the only rookie who had more TDs than him (5 TDS) and remember that Rice is playing for a very bad passing team (face it Vikings fan! we suck both against the pass and when we pass).

Sidney Rice is still very raw for playing in NFL, but I have the feeling he'll improve much over the years, cause from what I saw from him in 2007, he has potential.
    He has significant atheletic ability and pretty good hands. Some clown was spouting off about how Williamson was the only receiver that could get open. Well, I was at the first Green Bay game, and they couldn't cover Rice. The QB couldn't get the ball to him consistantly but he was open almost every play. And Green Bay has some physical coverage corners.
    The only knock against Rice is his lack of blazing speed and he hasn't fully physically developed yet.
    You don't have to have blazing speed to be a great receiver aka. Jerry Rice.

I think Sidney will be a star on this team.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

KevinK is offline Starter

I hope that Rice will become a solid WR in the NFL.
    I feel like the Vikings draft in 2007 will be one for the ages.
    We may have 3 solid probowlers for years to come (AD,Rice, Robison).
    Last year 7 selections to the Probowl for a young team with a strong potential in
    TJack.
    We may have a SuperBowl caliber team withot the destractions of a Moss, Terrelll Owens, Cinco " me me " attitude.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:

Sidney Rice:

He has significant atheletic ability and pretty good hands. Some clown was spouting off about how Williamson was the only receiver that could get open. Well, I was at the first Green Bay game, and they couldn't cover Rice. The QB couldn't get the ball to him consistantly but he was open almost every play. And Green Bay has some physical coverage corners.
    The only knock against Rice is his lack of blazing speed and he hasn't fully physically developed yet.
    You don't have to have blazing speed to be a great receiver aka. Jerry Rice.

I think Sidney will be a star on this team.
    I agree Sidney will be a huge star. Some of the catches he made as a rookie were amazing and that is what seperates a good reciever from a great one, the ability to catch anything within reach.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

I said it earlier this year after getting to see him in the Green Bay game and watching him during other games were he didn't have the same impact.. once the game slows down for him, he will be one of the best recievers in the game, bar none.

TJ is the lynch pin to making the Vikes explode on the scene ala Green Bay in 08'. This could be a very scary team to play this next season, a couple of questions to answer yet, like right tackle, but who doesn't have holes.

Future is bright my purple friends, as much as I hate to admit it. Should be good season matchups for the next couple years.. hopefully Green Bay remains on the winning side of the stick.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Potential and seven bucks will get you a coffee any day of the week at starbucks.

Screw potential, I like Rice but we can't keep waiting for half a decade for guys to pan out. That was no slam on Rice as he is probably my second favorite player but just a statement in general about the team. At some point they just need to go out and start winning.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast