Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Sidney Rice gets starting nod in 2008

I always thought Rice had talent.. and he would be a good WR for us.. but it was that spinning catch in the endzone where he leaped and spun over the defender, snagged the ball, spun more and landed in bounds that made me a believer!!

a week or 2 later Moss made a similar catch and they said.. "Looks like Rice's catch"

i actually had it marked in a thread long long ago from the video highlights on nfl.com.

i'm not worried about his top speed, or his highest leap.. i luv the fact he is out to play, and play hard every snap he's in!!

BB + SoNiCeRiCe will make D's pay for trying to stop AD with 9 up front..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    we stayed in and watched film
    Hey Marrdro more film!
    [youtube=425,350]LU8DDYz68kM[/youtube]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"midgensa" wrote:
    Sid will quite possibly surpass Berrian as the No. 1 on this team by season's end. I think he is going to do a lot of good things in this league. His hands are great, his confidence is good, his speed is solid and his work ethic top notch.
    Sidney Rice will be one of a handful of Vikes names that will have people going ... gol 'darnit ... these guys are really good ... by season's end.
    Sid "the kid" was my first jersey and got it and a ball auto'd last year.....just had that feeling. My wife wore it to the Bears game in Dec. It could be possibly put on the wall on a glass case this year...who knows...probably have to buy a new one that is purple.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Best quote from the article:
    And yet, 'Sid the Kid' remains grateful to some of the backup veteran receivers like Robert Ferguson, who pour their knowledge into their younger teammate.

"Some of the other rookies that we talked to in the league, (said)
    the vets don't even talk to them. They don't tell them what to do. They mess up and just curse them out or whatever. Here it's different. We are all together. I feel like it's just one group."
    So nice to hear that the rookies are getting along with the vets (at least in Minnesota) it reminds me of what Erasmus James said after he left Minnesota. That he didn't get help from the veterans and was left out in the cold.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123