Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Is Sidney Rice Damaged Goods?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099679
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099676
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099674
    The demand is there and the supply is low
    I'm curious where you're getting that from. Supply of receivers is very robust this season. No, they're not all the 6'4" vertical monsters that Rice and Burress are, but there are about 5-10 very good receivers out there, and more decent ones.
    I thought I was pretty clear......

Big tall possesion type recievers that can catch anyting close -Rice/Plex
    If you walk through the available WR's that fit that bill, there aren't many. I listed them in another thread just a second ago. All of them has some sort of issue which will make them "Unwanted" by a few.
    It depends what other teams really really want. Are they going to pay the premium for a Rice or Jackson when they can have a Santonio Holmes or Santana Moss?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099681
    I'm curious where you're getting that from. Supply of receivers is very robust this season. No, they're not all the 6'4" vertical monsters that Rice and Burress are, but there are about 5-10 very good receivers out there, and more decent ones.

If you walk through the available WR's that fit that bill, there aren't many. I listed them in another thread just a second ago. All of them has some sort of issue which will make them "Unwanted" by a few.
    It depends what other teams really really want. Are they going to pay the premium for a Rice or Jackson when they can have a Santonio Holmes or Santana Moss?
    I don't understand your answer.

Why, if your looking for a WR that fits a Rice skillset would you try to bring in a Holmes or S Moss?

Weren't you the one who tried to convince me that it is stupid to try to fit Square Pegs into Round Holes?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099687

Why, if your looking for a WR that fits a Rice skillset would you try to bring in a Holmes or S Moss?

Weren't you the one who tried to convince me that it is stupid to try to fit Square Pegs into Round Holes?
    Because if you have other needs, you'll be more willing to make compromises.

HOlmes is a good outside receiver, he can play inside as well. He's goot at making some tough catches, and has decent speed too.

IF you are a team like the Pats set at almost any position, but really lacking a big tall playmaker they had with Moss, then yeah, maybe you do break the bank for Rice. but there's not a whole lot of teams like that out there.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099691
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099687

Because if you have other needs, you'll be more willing to make compromises.

HOlmes is a good outside receiver, he can play inside as well. He's goot at making some tough catches, and has decent speed too.

IF you are a team like the Pats set at almost any position, but really lacking a big tall playmaker they had with Moss, then yeah, maybe you do break the bank for Rice. but there's not a whole lot of teams like that out there.
    I think its safe to say that every team that took a young QB in this draft, and expect to start him in the near future are looking for a "Big, catch anything close, possesion guy" as a primary target for their young QB.

The last thing they are looking for is a guy who is fast on the outside and can only run a 8 or a 9 route.

For me, teams that fall into that catagory:

a. Rams
    b. Seahawks
    c. Deadskins
    d. Jags
    e. Titans
    f. Bills
    g. Bengals

Teams that fall into the catagory of having FA's they might not be able/willing to resign:

a. Jets
    b. Chargers
    c. Vikings

Again, there aren't enough to go around, so yes, teams might have to "Settle" and bring someone else in, but usually (as you said in another thread) that means you are going to try to use him in a role that he isn't best suited.

Remember how that worked with R Moss last year when teams tried to use him in a Rice/Britt role. Square peg/Round hole.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234