Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

Sidney the Bad Ass!!

This guy is just tearing it up. #3 in the entire NFL in Yards. #1 in the NFC. Question of him going to the Pro Bowl is a no-brainer. The only thing that comes to mind is when we step into the playoffs and see those exotic defenses, are we going to see alot of double coverage for Sidney? and if so, hope Chilly and Co. have worked a gameplan to beat it.

All in all, glad we drafted this guy, and I like what I see in him and years to come!

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter

Re: Sidney the Bad Ass!!

"Sajid28" wrote:
    This guy is just tearing it up. #3 in the entire NFL in Yards. #1 in the NFC. Question of him going to the Pro Bowl is a no-brainer. The only thing that comes to mind is when we step into the playoffs and see those exotic defenses, are we going to see alot of double coverage for Sidney? and if so, hope Chilly and Co. have worked a gameplan to beat it.

All in all, glad we drafted this guy, and I like what I see in him and years to come!
    I would be more than happy if they double covered Sidney.
    That's 2 less people on Peterson, Harvin, Shank, and Berrian.
    Please, by all means, defend the pass.
    Take those 7 man boxes and spread them out.

The game that we play where we don't see a 7-9 man box in every play, is the game Peterson rushes for 200+ yards.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

"Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:

The game that we play where we don't see a 7-9 man box in every play, is the game Peterson rushes for 200+ yards.
    LOL true... but if you were to see a double coverage on Sidney would more than likely be on 3rd downs. Not really on 1st. Its great that we have AD, cuz if that safety wants to play the run, BF and Sid are gonna make them pay!

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter

"Sajid28" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:

LOL true... but if you were to see a double coverage on Sidney would more than likely be on 3rd downs. Not really on 1st. Its great that we have AD, cuz if that safety wants to play the run, BF and Sid are gonna make them pay!
    Definitely.
    I was trying to think of the last big team with a top 5 QB and RB on the same team.. And the only one I could think of was Elway and TD.
    And they won the Superbowl, because nobody could defend both of them.
    We are in the exact same situation.

You can defend one of them, but you can't stop both.
    Double covering Rice (even on third downs) is only going to open up other opportunities.
    Forcing teams to be one dimensional is going to heavily work in our favor.

NaughtyWord is offline Rookie

Re: Sidney the Bad jiggly butt!!

Sydney is a beast, no question about it. ;D

-NW
    I hope Goodell chokes on his next meal.