Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Sid speaks up about Moss trade.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    6 years with Culpepper and no superbowl, do we trade him? NO.

That being said though trading Moss did relatively nothing to this years cap number because of the accelerated bonus it did free up something like 40 million he was due for the remainder of his contract.
    Point taken.

But do I sell my Porche 911 Tubro(if I had one)just to free up monthly expenses when I clearly could afford it??

Point is, is that you get what you pay for. You want to only pay out Ford Festiva (Marcus Robinson) money, you get a Ford Festiva (Marcus Robinson). If you want to get something better, you have to pay out more. :grin:

PS. TO is a lemon - Return To Sender :!:

80_was_the_man is offline Training Camp

Im with Caine and soem of you others. The additions we made could have been possible with Moss still on the roster with the exception of Shaprer(his is the only contract you coldnt have offrded down the road) So you knwo what you do, you draft a saefty or you trade for a safety. All this talk of Moss never giving us a Super Bowl, first name any Vikings player who has given us a Super Bowl. 2. No WR has ever taken a team to the Super Bowl. And 3. Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, Priest Holmes, Marvin Harrison, Curtis Martin, those are all elite guys who have never won a Super Bowl, doesnt mean they're trash you know what it means, theyve never won a Super Bowl. We are a worst offense without Moss. Period.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"Caine" wrote:

Truth is, 98% of the people who had a problem with Moss were...you guessed it...the MEDIA. I never heard anything about Players asking Tice to trade Randy (Anyone with a verified source, feel free to link it). I never heard anyone bashing Randy as he left town. In fact, the ONLY people saying that the team has "Improved" in the morale is the friggin' MEDIA.

Caine
    if i was on the team, and i didnt like randy, id keep my mouth shut. alot of stuff has probably gone on behind the scenes that we will never know.

randy didnt bash MN as he left.. MN players didnt bash him as he left.

if i were to guess.. id guess alot of players didnt like moss. but thats purely speculative. im not gonna throw out some rediculous percentages like "98% of the people who dont like moss was the media" :roll:
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

danimal292 is offline Rookie

a: Red wanted him gone
    b: He is the nastiest reciever in the NFL
    c: Football is becoming more and more psychological as the years go on (MEDIA!!)
    d: He was a sore loser and reacted impulsively on many instances (like when I throw the PS2 controller), but it shows he wanted to win
    ... and while I'm ranting..
    e: Maybe if our team had some more balls he would have fit in just fine... (This would not be a problem if we still played outdoors!)
    I do think we are a better team this year than last and our D should have much more character... but we'd be that much better if we still had Randy.

-danimal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12