Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 138

Thread: Sid Rice News

  1. #31
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re:Sid Rice News

    Beginning of July to today: 7 weeks.
    From today to midseason: 9 weeks.

    When rice could have been playing if he had the surgery at the start of july when the injury was disclosed: Week 2ish.

    And he certainly knew about the injury well before it was disclosed.


    This was horribly handled, I'm disappointed in Rice, his agent, and the organization. If the kid isn't on the field, they all have failed.

  2. #32
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re:Sid Rice News

    Tweets from Chip Scoggins

    Received short text from Sidney Rice confirming he had hip surgery. Rice said it 'went well.'

    Talked to Sidney Rice briefly on phone. He said he began riding bike for 20 minutes last night after surgery. He cut conversation short because he had more physical therapy. Hope to hear from him again shortly.

    Rice visited the Steadman Clinic after minicamp in June and that his hip "showed significant changes" when he went back last week.

    Rice said doctors at Steadman said in June that he didn't need surgery. "He said it was something I could try and work through," Rice said.


    Rice cont'd: "That was the plan I tried. I was trying to rehab it. The area just got worse."


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  3. #33
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re:Sid Rice News

    skum wrote:
    Tweets from Chip Scoggins

    Received short text from Sidney Rice confirming he had hip surgery. Rice said it 'went well.'

    Talked to Sidney Rice briefly on phone. He said he began riding bike for 20 minutes last night after surgery. He cut conversation short because he had more physical therapy. Hope to hear from him again shortly.

    Rice visited the Steadman Clinic after minicamp in June and that his hip "showed significant changes" when he went back last week.

    Rice said doctors at Steadman said in June that he didn't need surgery. "He said it was something I could try and work through," Rice said.


    Rice cont'd: "That was the plan I tried. I was trying to rehab it. The area just got worse."
    Thanks Skum. I figured the truth would be revealed sooner or later.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  4. #34
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re:Sid Rice News

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Beginning of July to today: 7 weeks.
    From today to midseason: 9 weeks.

    When rice could have been playing if he had the surgery at the start of july when the injury was disclosed: Week 2ish.

    And he certainly knew about the injury well before it was disclosed.


    This was horribly handled, I'm disappointed in Rice, his agent, and the organization. If the kid isn't on the field, they all have failed.
    not surprising whn you consider that his agent is Drew 'POS' Rosenhaus..
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  5. #35
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,597

    Re:Sidney Rice News

    Not good news at all. We are thin at WR as it is. We need Walker to be 2004 good.
    We're bringing purple back.

  6. #36
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,597

    Re:Sidney Rice News

    We're bringing purple back.

  7. #37
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re:Sid Rice News

    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    What is everyone all in a tizzy for? I thought the majority of posters on here believed that the Noodle made El Syd.

    If in fact they are correct, we don't need him. The Noodle will just make the next WR to take El Syds spot into a 1,000 yard reciever....... :dry:
    He will. His name is Javon Walker. LMFAO!
    So which is it? The QB or the reciever? As to the other PUKER (aka JW), you do remember that he and the Noodle didn't get along to well when they were together the last time right?

    What makes you think he and the Noodle will be able to renew that chemistry?
    It is by far the QB. His name, Brett Lorenzo Favre.

    You underestimate a WR with no where left to go. He is desperate to put his name back on the map. He will be fine and willing to do whatever to fit in to this great organization. Yes the chemistry will return because it is Favre. Favre does not hold grudges. That is not his personality. He is a southern boy.
    Why him? Whats up with Payne, Biddle,Lewis etc etc etc?
    Like I said before.....

    Rice, 2nd Rounder
    Percy, 1st Rounder
    Javon Walker, 1st Rounder
    Bernard Berrian, 3rd Rounder
    Ray Smalls, Undrafted
    Taye Biddle, Undrafted
    Greg Lewis, Undrafted
    Marquis Hamilton, Undrafted
    Logan Payne, Undrafted
    Marko Mitchell, 7th Rounder
    Freddie Brown, 7th Rounder
    Jaymar Johnson, IR

    Obviously the staff did not see the potential.

  8. #38
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re:Sid Rice News

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    skum wrote:
    Tweets from Chip Scoggins

    Received short text from Sidney Rice confirming he had hip surgery. Rice said it 'went well.'

    Talked to Sidney Rice briefly on phone. He said he began riding bike for 20 minutes last night after surgery. He cut conversation short because he had more physical therapy. Hope to hear from him again shortly.

    Rice visited the Steadman Clinic after minicamp in June and that his hip "showed significant changes" when he went back last week.

    Rice said doctors at Steadman said in June that he didn't need surgery. "He said it was something I could try and work through," Rice said.


    Rice cont'd: "That was the plan I tried. I was trying to rehab it. The area just got worse."
    Thanks Skum. I figured the truth would be revealed sooner or later.
    Truth is Sidney didn't let the Vikings know of his hip injury until the day prior to mini-camp. That was per Childress, according to Judd.

    That's B.S. in my opinion. Players are told to notify the team if they have any injury or health concerns. Sid failed to due that and made the poor decision to monitor on his own for several months.

    This all could have been avoided.

  9. #39
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:Sid Rice News

    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    skum wrote:
    Tweets from Chip Scoggins

    Received short text from Sidney Rice confirming he had hip surgery. Rice said it 'went well.'

    Talked to Sidney Rice briefly on phone. He said he began riding bike for 20 minutes last night after surgery. He cut conversation short because he had more physical therapy. Hope to hear from him again shortly.

    Rice visited the Steadman Clinic after minicamp in June and that his hip "showed significant changes" when he went back last week.

    Rice said doctors at Steadman said in June that he didn't need surgery. "He said it was something I could try and work through," Rice said.


    Rice cont'd: "That was the plan I tried. I was trying to rehab it. The area just got worse."
    Thanks Skum. I figured the truth would be revealed sooner or later.
    Truth is Sidney didn't let the Vikings know of his hip injury until the day prior to mini-camp. That was per Childress, according to Judd.

    That's B.S. in my opinion. Players are told to notify the team if they have any injury or health concerns. Sid failed to due that and made the poor decision to monitor on his own for several months.

    This all could have been avoided.

    This

  10. #40
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re:Sid Rice News

    Losing Rice "a considerable blow"...



    Who's going to step up?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. News from Sidney Rice
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 04:01 PM
  2. Sidney Rice - the new Jerry Rice
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 02:57 AM
  3. Who's the best WR? Sorry, Randy, it's Rice with a side of Rice
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 07:21 AM
  4. Good News., Bad News.....
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 12:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •