Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sid Rice News

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Sid Rice News

Beginning of July to today: 7 weeks.
    From today to midseason: 9 weeks.

When rice could have been playing if he had the surgery at the start of july when the injury was disclosed: Week 2ish.

And he certainly knew about the injury well before it was disclosed.

This was horribly handled, I'm disappointed in Rice, his agent, and the organization. If the kid isn't on the field, they all have failed.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Tweets from Chip Scoggins

Received short text from Sidney Rice confirming he had hip surgery. Rice said it 'went well.'

Talked to Sidney Rice briefly on phone. He said he began riding bike for 20 minutes last night after surgery. He cut conversation short because he had more physical therapy. Hope to hear from him again shortly.

Rice visited the Steadman Clinic after minicamp in June and that his hip "showed significant changes" when he went back last week.

Rice said doctors at Steadman said in June that he didn't need surgery. "He said it was something I could try and work through," Rice said.

Rice cont'd: "That was the plan I tried. I was trying to rehab it. The area just got worse."

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

skum wrote:

Received short text from Sidney Rice confirming he had hip surgery. Rice said it 'went well.'

Talked to Sidney Rice briefly on phone. He said he began riding bike for 20 minutes last night after surgery. He cut conversation short because he had more physical therapy. Hope to hear from him again shortly.

Rice visited the Steadman Clinic after minicamp in June and that his hip "showed significant changes" when he went back last week.

Rice said doctors at Steadman said in June that he didn't need surgery. "He said it was something I could try and work through," Rice said.

Rice cont'd: "That was the plan I tried. I was trying to rehab it. The area just got worse."
    Thanks Skum. I figured the truth would be revealed sooner or later.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Beginning of July to today: 7 weeks.
    From today to midseason: 9 weeks.

When rice could have been playing if he had the surgery at the start of july when the injury was disclosed: Week 2ish.

And he certainly knew about the injury well before it was disclosed.

This was horribly handled, I'm disappointed in Rice, his agent, and the organization. If the kid isn't on the field, they all have failed.
    not surprising whn you consider that his agent is Drew 'POS' Rosenhaus..
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Sidney Rice News

Not good news at all. We are thin at WR as it is. We need Walker to be 2004 good.
    We're bringing purple back.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Sidney Rice News

We're bringing purple back.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    What is everyone all in a tizzy for? I thought the majority of posters on here believed that the Noodle made El Syd.

If in fact they are correct, we don't need him. The Noodle will just make the next WR to take El Syds spot into a 1,000 yard reciever....... :dry:
    He will. His name is Javon Walker. LMFAO!
    So which is it? The QB or the reciever? As to the other PUKER (aka JW), you do remember that he and the Noodle didn't get along to well when they were together the last time right?

What makes you think he and the Noodle will be able to renew that chemistry?
    It is by far the QB. His name, Brett Lorenzo Favre.

You underestimate a WR with no where left to go. He is desperate to put his name back on the map. He will be fine and willing to do whatever to fit in to this great organization. Yes the chemistry will return because it is Favre. Favre does not hold grudges. That is not his personality. He is a southern boy.
    Why him? Whats up with Payne, Biddle,Lewis etc etc etc?
    Like I said before.....

Rice, 2nd Rounder
    Percy, 1st Rounder
    Javon Walker, 1st Rounder
    Bernard Berrian, 3rd Rounder
    Ray Smalls, Undrafted
    Taye Biddle, Undrafted
    Greg Lewis, Undrafted
    Marquis Hamilton, Undrafted
    Logan Payne, Undrafted
    Marko Mitchell, 7th Rounder
    Freddie Brown, 7th Rounder
    Jaymar Johnson, IR

Obviously the staff did not see the potential.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

jargomcfargo wrote:
    skum wrote:

Truth is Sidney didn't let the Vikings know of his hip injury until the day prior to mini-camp. That was per Childress, according to Judd.

That's B.S. in my opinion. Players are told to notify the team if they have any injury or health concerns. Sid failed to due that and made the poor decision to monitor on his own for several months.

This all could have been avoided.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    skum wrote:

Truth is Sidney didn't let the Vikings know of his hip injury until the day prior to mini-camp. That was per Childress, according to Judd.

That's B.S. in my opinion. Players are told to notify the team if they have any injury or health concerns. Sid failed to due that and made the poor decision to monitor on his own for several months.

This all could have been avoided.

This

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Losing Rice "a considerable blow"...

Who's going to step up?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast