Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Sid Rice News

GimmebackmyRice is offline Waterboy

Re: Sid Rice News

Wow, some Sidney hating going on in this thread. Especially in the first few pages.

To those who say Favre "made" Sidney...hogwash. In college Sidney as a freshman had a terrible QB and put up 1000+ yds and 13 TD's. His sophomore year he had 1000+ yds and 10 or 11 TD's. He made the QB look respectable. He was double and triple covered virtually every game of his college career. The guy is a stud. All it took was someone like Favre to give him a chance, and keep throwing him the ball.

The injury thing sucks, and from watching the Vikes it's obvious that you miss him, a lot. It's a crappy situation and to blame Sidney for it is short sighted.

All of this complaining is crazy. I mean it could be worse, you could have taken Tedd Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett. Be happy that you have him.
    None

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

GimmebackmyRice wrote:
    Wow, some Sidney hating going on in this thread. Especially in the first few pages.

To those who say Favre "made" Sidney...hogwash. In college Sidney as a freshman had a terrible QB and put up 1000+ yds and 13 TD's. His sophomore year he had 1000+ yds and 10 or 11 TD's. He made the QB look respectable. He was double and triple covered virtually every game of his college career. The guy is a stud. All it took was someone like Favre to give him a chance, and keep throwing him the ball.

The injury thing sucks, and from watching the Vikes it's obvious that you miss him, a lot. It's a crappy situation and to blame Sidney for it is short sighted.

All of this complaining is crazy. I mean it could be worse, you could have taken Tedd Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett. Be happy that you have him.

+1

My only knock is the injury bug.. Some players have it and can't get rid of it

Im afraid his freakish athlete ability won't reach it's full potential because he plays in only a few games a year

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

V4L wrote:
    GimmebackmyRice wrote:

+1

My only knock is the injury bug.. Some players have it and can't get rid of it

Im afraid his freakish athlete ability won't reach it's full potential because he plays in only a few games a year
    Agreed. I don't think Sydney's season was a fluke. He has talent. Of course, it takes a QB to show his ability and use them correctly.

The injury bug is a real concern, if he's on the bench for the majority of his career, what good is he. The latest episode is particularly frustrating as it looked like he should have opted for the surgery a long time ago rather than putting us in the current postion we are in.

GimmebackmyRice is offline Waterboy

Well, I know he's been a little banged up since joining with the Vikes but he was never hurt in College, at least nothing that kept him out of more than one or two games. I don't think he's the type that is constantly hurt...but then again he has put on some serious mass since leaving school and his body may react differently to the changes. Who knows. He'll be fine.
    None

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Sid Rice News

Infidel wrote:
    Quote me later on that.
    Done!

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am a big fan of SR but he is and will be injury prone until he stays healthy for a while. Hopefully that will happen but I am starting to wonder.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Noted!
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Infidel wrote:
    Farvey has been running for his life and throwing it away and rushing his passes......AND this without much in the way of blitzing by the opposing team because they don't even NEED to blitz because their front four can apply enough pressure.

That's a big part of why we are 0-2 and will probably win a total of seven games this year.
    Noted. This is going to be fun.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

More fun.....I also started a thread where I picked the games.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Infidel wrote:
    More fun.....I also started a thread where I picked the games.

Nobody cares.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast