Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Sid Hartman: Vikings TE Dugan taking a bigger role

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Sid Hartman: Vikings TE Dugan taking a bigger role

I'm still curious to see if he'll get any significant playing time at fullback next week, but lets try not to turn this into another Tahi thread.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I'm still curious to see if he'll get any significant playing time at fullback next week, but lets try not to turn this into another Tahi thread.
    LOL, all he will have to do is play at least one down at FB and it will my friend.
    Why wait.

The Ole Tahi reminds me of threads on Griff, Shank etc.

My guess, won't be long and people will be trying to forget what they put in the Tahi thread, much the same way they did on those.

Ahhhh the search function.
    It is a wonderfull thing.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    LOL, all he will have to do is play at least one down at FB and it will my friend.
    Why wait.

My guess, won't be long and people will be trying to forget what they put in the Tahi thread, much the same way they did on those.

;D
    How about that thread on Cook?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Why wait.

;D
    ahaha... we should search some of Marr's old posts using the ole' search function.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Vikings tight ends coach Jimmie Johnson, himself a former great tight end with the Eagles, said one reason he believes he has the best trio of tight ends in the NFL is because Jeff Dugan has become a great contributor.
    Wow! Strong words.
    I have never thought about it before, but the Vikings' tight end position is really strong this season. the tight ends have been overshadowed by the great play at the other more flashy positions. The signing of Brett Favre, the maturing of Sidney Rice, and the drafting of Percy Harvin has suddenly made the quarterback and wide receiver position one of the most respected in the NFL.

Back to the tight ends. We have one of the best receiving tight ends in Shiancoe, arguably the best blocking tight ends in Kleinsasser, and a versatile H-back in Jeff Dugan.

Statistically, Shiancoe has had back-to-back very impressive seasons, with or without Favre.
    In 2008, Shiancoe was 3rd in TD's among tight ends with 7 TD's.
    In 2009, Shiancoe is second in TD's among tight ends after only 9 weeks with 6 TD's. One TD away from his career best.

Jim Kleinsasser has been as great in the blocking game as always. He will never be a huge threath in the receiving game, but no worries! We have Shiancoe for that.

Jeff Dugan is the backup who rotates in at fullback and tight ends. He is versatile, big, and experienced. He isn't spectacular, but he will do what you ask for him. He is a good blocker and a tough runner who can catch the easy passes.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    LOL, all he will have to do is play at least one down at FB and it will My Farvish Friend.
    Why wait.

;D
    You know my feelings on Cook.
    Don't make them out to be something they aren't.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    LOL, all he will have to do is play at least one down at FB and it will My Farvish Friend.
    Why wait.

;D
    ahaha... we should search some of Marr's old posts using the ole' search function.
    No need to search.
    Just ask, I will tell you.

"HEY" wrote:
    Vikings tight ends coach Jimmie Johnson, himself a former great tight end with the Eagles, said one reason he believes he has the best trio of tight ends in the NFL is because Jeff Dugan has become a great contributor.
    Wow! Strong words.
    I have never thought about it before, but the Vikings' tight end position is really strong this season. the tight ends have been overshadowed by the great play at the other more flashy positions. The signing of Brett Favre, the maturing of Sidney Rice, and the drafting of Percy Harvin has suddenly made the quarterback and wide receiver position one of the most respected in the NFL.

Back to the tight ends. We have one of the best receiving tight ends in Shiancoe, arguably the best blocking tight ends in Kleinsasser, and a versatile H-back in Jeff Dugan.

Statistically, Shiancoe has had back-to-back very impressive seasons, with or without Favre.
    In 2008, Shiancoe was 3rd in TD's among tight ends with 7 TD's.
    In 2009, Shiancoe is second in TD's among tight ends after only 9 weeks with 6 TD's. One TD away from his career best.

Jim Kleinsasser has been as great in the blocking game as always. He will never be a huge threath in the receiving game, but no worries! We have Shiancoe for that.

Jeff Dugan is the backup who rotates in at fullback and tight ends. [size=10pt]He is versatile, big, and experienced. He isn't spectacular, but he will do what you ask for him. [/size] He is a good blocker and a tough runner who can catch the easy passes.
    Good stuff my friend.

Truth be told, good teams have alot of "Backups" that rotate in and out with little or no noteriaty.
    Without those reps, the "Starters" probably wouldn't have the legs to do thier jobs...... Alas, most will typically be hacked on by the fans because they aren't a superstar.
    ;D

Again, good stuff.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I'm going to have to watch Dugan more at HB to see if he blocks more consistantly than Tahi. (NOT TURNING IT INTO A TAHI HATE THREAD WHICH I STARTED).

I think Dugan will see a couple more TD's as teams are more wary of Shank.
    Favre loves TE's in the Zone and Dugan is either left open or can find a hole on the GL.
    I don't see him catching jumpers at the back of the EZ.

Glad to see the working class getting recognized more.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast