Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

Sid Hartman Article (Good Read on Randy)

http://www.startribune.com/stories/507/5183596.html

All of the negative publicity that Randy Moss has received from the media brought a response Wednesday from a representative of St. Joseph's Home for Children, a Minneapolis charity to which Moss has been a great benefactor.

The letter was delivered to the Vikings with the request that it been given to Moss. The rules of St. Joe's prevent the writer from being identified.

It was titled "That Is Who You Are," and read:

"Lately you have been analyzed, criticized and demonized by people who haven't got a clue about the real you. I do not understand it.

"With people dying daily in Iraq and whole families lost due to the recent tsunami, there are more important things to talk about than two seconds at the end of a football game or some harmless fun in the end zone.

"Sport analysts and your critics need to get a grip and lose their sense of righteous indignation. Many of them do not speak from perfection, balance or fairness. They should be thanking you for giving them the gift of something to talk about. And while talking about and writing about you makes for great radio, great television ratings and newspaper profit, trashing you doesn't feed a homeless family or comfort a frightened child.

"You know how to do this. You are making a positive difference in the lives of others. You do not take credit or publicize your charitable efforts. Never forget, Randy, that your private kindness to others is the measure of who you really are. Always remember your family, team, those you care about, your own personal belief in you, and in a higher power, are the elements of life that are the most important.

"I hope that you will continue to stay true to you and you will keep on 'keeping it real.'

"Continue to love the game and your team. Play with passion. Pound the Eagles and please know that there are thousands of us who support you."

This was very well said. I know the real Randy Moss better than anybody in the media. He does talk to me. I know all of the good things he has done.

Yes, walking off the field with two seconds to play was wrong. He admits that.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

That was really touching :crybaby:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I hope those MORONS over at FOX see this letter...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Oh, I'm certain that the morons saw it - and plenty just like it - but they won't admit it.

Locally, I have been emailing national and local media people, calling them on many of the innacurrate "Anti-Moss" statements they're making...not one single response (And I don't expect one).

The sad part is that there is no one who reports on the media. No one who holds them accountable for the crap they spew. The put forth their opinion - based upon little or no information - then expect us to take it as Holy Writ.

Who watches the Watchmen?

I'm certainly glad that there are a handful of journalists who have taken the time to dig a little deeper, and haven't fallen prey to the temptation of the "Sensational" - but false - story.

ATTA BOY, SID!!!!

Caine

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Just Read it

I actually just read that article too on the news update that I get on my eamil about the Vikes. I was going to post it until I saw that you had. I seriously did almost cry when I read it. It really is sad that when there are so many other serious things going on in our world, the media is wasting their time trying to find a good story on Randy Moss and how they can diminish his character even more. I felt the same way about Randy as this article does before I even read it, but it's nice to know that he really isn't "contributing to the corruption of our youth" from someone who has seen his good deeds, and from someone who really knows what he's all about. Thanks Sid Hartman!! Does anyone know if that article was actually published in the printed Star Tribune or was it just online??

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The person who wrote that is very articulate

That was so awesome.

I like the part where if they would say good thing it would be better for all.

So it is true if you don't have anything good to say, keep your mouth shut or talk about something else. I put my own spin on it.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Snow is about to pop 1500+...time to start sending in title suggestions....Bueller...Bueller...anyone?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"shockzilla" wrote:
    no point they can't read anyway :lol:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Snow is about to pop 1500+...time to start sending in title suggestions....Bueller...Bueller...anyone?
    How about "Purple Fro Shizzler"?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla