Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Sick Of our Offense

no its just that ive watched other games and then this game i saw the stats and tice said he wasnt happy with our offense, i mean we versed the 31st ranked defense, even washington had a better offense than us today. I guess its still the o line and loney that are our handicaps on offense.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

As long as the Offense does not turn the ball over, thats the key!

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

jimmymac, there is a 150 percent chance that Culpepper will be playing and as a starter here. he is an elite nfl qb and is second to peyton. He has proven that he doesnt need moss and wait and see how good he does next year with a stable of good backs, 5 good receivers, two reliable tight ends, and finally we will have an offensive line. Loney wont be our oc next year, so all i see is another 400 plus point season for our offense.

VIKES4LIFE123 is offline Waterboy

When Daunte was in there we were trying to be that great offense you want but as you saw it was awful with Culpepper throwing picks all over the place. Johnson and the coaches probably realized, FINALLY, that the O-line really can't play well and switched there game plan to be more conservative. But winning 6 games in a row is awesome I don't care how we do it I LOVE IT!

VIKES4LIFE123 is offline Waterboy

When Daunte was in there we were trying to be that great offense you want but as you saw it was awful with Culpepper throwing picks all over the place. Johnson and the coaches probably realized, FINALLY, that the O-line really can't play well and switched there game plan to be more conservative. But winning 6 games in a row is awesome I don't care how we do it I LOVE IT!

Tarannau_QB_7 is offline Waterboy

long passes are for third and long situations the way i see it by using conservative short passes (assuming you keep the chains moving) we control the clock and therefore the game. AT the end of the day i imagine everyone cares more about getting to the playoffs tham being a top five offense and we seem to be rolling along pretty sweetly now.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I don't see anything wrong with our offense, as long as we keep winning. If we were loosing games then we would have to make adjustments. It's not as flashy as it was with Culpepper and Moss, but it is getting the job done. It has showed that it can stretch the field, look what it did in the Lions game.

This is the first season ever that I have been just as excited for our defense to step onto the field as the offense. Our D makes so many good plays and has the ability to score. Go Vikes!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"napo58" wrote:
    no its just that ive watched other games and then this game i saw the stats and tice said he wasnt happy with our offense, i mean we versed the 31st ranked defense, even washington had a better offense than us today. I guess its still the o line and loney that are our handicaps on offense.
    Looking at the stats does not do any justice...come on now! :roll:

xvikingfan is offline Rookie

COJOMAY HIT IT

If BJ doesn't get rid of the ball after dropping back 3 or 4 steps,he's dead and he knows it.He dumps off the short passes,cuz that's all he has time for.Culpepper would dance around back there too long and either fumble or throw an INT half the time.The Vikes are playing great right now,BUT the O-Line has to block better and the D-Line has to get some kind off a pass rush.Rams QB had all day to pass yesterday.Vikes were lucky he wasn't very good.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Seeing as how weve tried to win a championship with a great offense the last few seasons and failed, im all about this new approach. Great defense and special teams and an offense that doesnt put the defense in a bad spot. Bj chews up clock and gives our D rest. Obviously we are doing something right. To be 2-5 at one point and now be just one game out of first proves that.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast