Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Sick Of our Offense

WE run so many conservative plays, brad johnson always checks down in the flat, We definitely need to be more aggressive. Im sick and tired of this 150 yds passing crap. Our o line is doing better than before and we need to take shots downfield and run deeper routes with the talent we have at receiver, the best 5 some in the league right now. I cant beleive everyone thinks brad is our savior when he really is just the manager. If Daunte was 100 percent, had the protection that brad is getting now and the defense like it is now, we would easily be a top 10 offense, prolly even top 5. Brad can't play catch up as you saw against the panthers, and Daunte led us down 31-10 last year with 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter to tie the game with the pack 31-31. HE definitely didnt need moss and doesnt now. I think Steve Loney is doing a shittacular job too, he better be gone next year. We have too much talent to have a bears type offense

NYVikingFan is offline Rookie

Re: Sick Of our Offense

With that being said he is 6-0 :roll:

Del Rio Guest

Is this Hitstick talking?

I like the offense the way it is. It is the way it should be ran. When Daunte comes back we better run the exact same offense.

Because no matter how many times you say it, the protection is not really any better, this is just a different approach to the offense. The correct approach.

It's here to stay I'm affraid. Your just going to have to suffer watching K-Rob catch a 70+ yard TD reception. If that isn't deep enough for you then we need to start calling you Ron Jeremy.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I disagree with you. It's poor offensive line play that MAKES the Vikings play conservatively. They can't hold back the rush so that Bj has time to throw the long passes. Therefore he has to get the ball out fast and that means short pases into the flats or over the line in front of the linebackers. If Pep was in he'd be in the same boat. We will not have a great offense until we get much better offensive line play.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

well tice was upset at our offense, and i didnt see his game so im taking his word. How bad was our o line yesterday?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:

I like the offense the way it is. It is the way it should be ran. When Daunte comes back we better run the exact same offense.

Because no matter how many times you say it, the protection is not really any better, this is just a different approach to the offense. The correct approach.

It's here to stay I'm affraid. Your just going to have to suffer watching K-Rob catch a 70+ yard TD reception. If that isn't deep enough for you then we need to start calling you Ron Jeremy.
    napo58 = PP.O Hedgehog!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

"napo58" wrote:
    WE run so many conservative plays, brad johnson always checks down in the flat, We definitely need to be more aggressive. Im sick and tired of this 150 yds passing crap. Our o line is doing better than before and we need to take shots downfield and run deeper routes with the talent we have at receiver, the best 5 some in the league right now. I cant beleive everyone thinks brad is our savior when he really is just the manager. If Daunte was 100 percent, had the protection that brad is getting now and the defense like it is now, we would easily be a top 10 offense, prolly even top 5. Brad can't play catch up as you saw against the panthers, and Daunte led us down 31-10 last year with 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter to tie the game with the pack 31-31. HE definitely didnt need moss and doesnt now. I think Steve Loney is doing a shittacular job too, he better be gone next year. We have too much talent to have a bears type offense
    Then I suggest you become a Colts fan!

There's a good chance Culpepper will never play as a Viking again and even if he does the offense will not be the run, gun and turnover offense of the past. Get used to it.

Go Vikings! Go conservative offense!
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Yes, this is the former member known as Hitstick on his second chance here.

Del Rio Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Yes, this is the former member known as Hitstick on his second chance here.
    Nothing personal of course it just seemed familar. Not intending to flame but I just want to get this straight. You start a thread that says "Sick of our Offense" and then in a reply you said you didn't watch the game, but Tice wasn't happy with the line play so your basing this whole thing on that??

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Hey, y'know, I tink da offense is doin' just fine. Got a lil' dull dere in da foist couple a quatahs, but, we scored two touchdowns in da thoid, so we can score bedda now. Da penalties are still comin', but not so much as before. An' only one turnover, wit' 6 takeaways! Yeah, I tink we're doin' jus' fine, y'know? We needs ta jus' be happy wit' what we got, an' we'll keep gettin' bedda an' bedda, y'know? Jus' don' youse mugs get impatient, ya hears?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast