Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Sick of cover 2?

Suick wrote:
    I've hated the cover [strike]2[/strike] who since we started using it.
    Most fans don't like it because at its basic premise, that it forces the offense to move the ball down the field slowly, which in turn equates to making alot of plays without mistakes......

makes the offense have to execute at an extremely high level to be effective
    Football 101: Cover 2

Lets face it, none of us want to see our defense allowing a team the ability to march 60 or so yards down the field so that we then can then hope to stop them in the red zone.

I know it gives me ulcers each year.

One thing to consider though. I think that because of all the "Spread" offenses that seem to be prevalent in the college game of late, we might start to see a resurgence in the number and quality of CB's coming out in the drafts.

I for one, would love to see them land one of those cats this year, if we don't already have one on our roster in Asher.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

b_sandhar_29 wrote:
    Sorry to be the pessimist of all things, but our problems need to be addressed. Is it just me or about 75% of the time we drop into a cover 2 or cover 4? The play calling is getting too predictable to me and I really think leslie frazier needs to address his conservative approach to every game or else his job will be in jeopardy. Yes I will say that we do have the best D-Line in the league, but can you expect them to get pressure every play? Our defense has been solid all year, but gets KILLED by the big play. It takes one big play to score and now a days you just can't depend on whinny or griffin to hold a WR down for 4-5 seconds if our D-line just ain't getting in (I will defend our D-Line observing that most games, teams leave 6-7 players to block/double team J.A.). Our corners are on the slow side but aggressive and physical. They just aren't pure cover corners and can't hang with speed. I always see the vikings doing the press bail coverage. Why not bump receivers besides creating a bigger mismatch than there already is. Let's face it, the tackling hasn't been there this year, and this cover 2 scheme that requires solid tackling and giving the dinks and dunks in order minimize the big play just isn't going to cut it. Even so if we have the best D-Line in the league, when your getting out numbered six to four or seven to four, WRs are going to burn our secondary all day long with the extra time. Teams with big play threats and good passing attacks like arizona, philadelphia, new orleans, and dallas who we will most likely see in the playoffs will torch our corners. We need to apply quick pressure to these teams and be the physical team we are on the line with the recievers and tight ends. Blitz more guys who can come at the quarterback freely or reduce the pressure on J.A. and K.W. allowing them to use one move on a lineman and get after the quarterback. You know that with J.A. there is going to be a RB and TE helping to block or chip him. Start bringing guys from Ray Edwards side, these guys are going to come in untouched forcing teams to anticipate blitzes on future plays from either side. Blitzing and disguising plays is something we need to do in the playoffs to shut out these big teams. I wanted to know what you guys think of my opinion and whether you agree or not. Feel free to express yourselves.
    Paragraphs suck.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    b_sandhar_29 wrote:
    Sorry to be the pessimist of all things, but our problems need to be addressed. Is it just me or about 75% of the time we drop into a cover 2 or cover 4? The play calling is getting too predictable to me and I really think leslie frazier needs to address his conservative approach to every game or else his job will be in jeopardy. Yes I will say that we do have the best D-Line in the league, but can you expect them to get pressure every play? Our defense has been solid all year, but gets KILLED by the big play. It takes one big play to score and now a days you just can't depend on whinny or griffin to hold a WR down for 4-5 seconds if our D-line just ain't getting in (I will defend our D-Line observing that most games, teams leave 6-7 players to block/double team J.A.). Our corners are on the slow side but aggressive and physical. They just aren't pure cover corners and can't hang with speed. I always see the vikings doing the press bail coverage. Why not bump receivers besides creating a bigger mismatch than there already is. Let's face it, the tackling hasn't been there this year, and this cover 2 scheme that requires solid tackling and giving the dinks and dunks in order minimize the big play just isn't going to cut it. Even so if we have the best D-Line in the league, when your getting out numbered six to four or seven to four, WRs are going to burn our secondary all day long with the extra time. Teams with big play threats and good passing attacks like arizona, philadelphia, new orleans, and dallas who we will most likely see in the playoffs will torch our corners. We need to apply quick pressure to these teams and be the physical team we are on the line with the recievers and tight ends. Blitz more guys who can come at the quarterback freely or reduce the pressure on J.A. and K.W. allowing them to use one move on a lineman and get after the quarterback. You know that with J.A. there is going to be a RB and TE helping to block or chip him. Start bringing guys from Ray Edwards side, these guys are going to come in untouched forcing teams to anticipate blitzes on future plays from either side. Blitzing and disguising plays is something we need to do in the playoffs to shut out these big teams. I wanted to know what you guys think of my opinion and whether you agree or not. Feel free to express yourselves.
    Paragraphs suck.
    I initially thought this was Ragz under a new name again.

I miss that guy. :cheer:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

b_sandhar_29 wrote:
    Maybe Leslie should go back over the tapes of the earlier games this year where our D was great .... let's employ those schemes again.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Prophet wrote:
    b_sandhar_29 wrote:
    Paragraphs suck.
    I'm sorry sir if my paragraphs aren't properly diagnosed... but your statement has no relevance to the topic.

P.S. for a 17 year old kid I would say I know quite a bit about football. Quite more than you.
    None

b_sandhar_29 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    b_sandhar_29 wrote:
    Paragraphs suck.
    I'm sorry sir if my paragraphs aren't properly diagnosed... but your statement has no relevance to the topic.

P.S. for a 17 year old kid I would say I know quite a bit about football. Quite more than you.
    Problem is, seems you might be a 17 year old kid that doesn't have a sense of humor.

Gotta have just a bit more thick skin my friend to hang with here, especially if your gonna step out and make a post like your original one.

Some will like it, some will dislike it and some will just flat out pick on ya for no other reason than you don't know how to break it out in a few paras so it is easier to read.

Stick around, keep posting, and you'll figure out cats like Prophet are pretty cool and know a bit about the game as well.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

b_sandhar_29 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    b_sandhar_29 wrote:
    Paragraphs suck.

When you were sucking your mom's tits I had already played the game, coached the game, and was a season ticket holder for over two decades. Bathe in your ignorance and learn how to formulate your thoughts in a coherent manner and I might take time to read them.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

b_sandhar_29 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    b_sandhar_29 wrote:
    Paragraphs suck.

But, apparently, you don't know anything about writing for an audience.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

b_sandhar_29 wrote:
    JA dies not always get doubled or chipped by a RB. Last game 1 guy took care of him for the most part. Edwards has been good at applying pressure as well.

It is easy to critique after the fact when you know what the result was. So easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12