Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

SI Players' Poll on QBs

And I am not arguing with ya, muchluv.

Is Favre the gunslinger he was? Nope.

Is he starting to float some passes high? Yep.

Is he able to repoduce the crazy scrambling passes he used to? Not really, and Delhomme does it better.

Would I place him in the top 2? Probably not right now.

Would I place him in the top 10? Absolutely.

Like any aging player, pure raw talent is replaced with experience and knowledge. And he has one thing that a lot of QB's, including Pepper, don't have right now, and that's solid leadership and the ability to inspire a team. You don't hear Driver going up to Favre and saying "Come on, Brett, lead us!" like Moss was doing to Daunte last week.

Last season is a perfect example. Say what you will about the holy thumb and Papa Favre, but he managed to take a team that was not going to make the playoffs and came within a stupid offensive decision (4th and 1) and a stupid defensive play (4th and 26) of making it to the NFC Championship against a team we waxed in Week 1 this season. He is able to inspire a team to play better, and there's no stat for that.

That is what we will miss most when he retires, because I think it will be easy to replace his stats.

JMO...agreeing with you but still stating a case for him.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

SI Players' Poll on QBs

yeah but that panther o-line was better last year

moss talks but does driver every so any emition?
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

SI Players' Poll on QBs

"pudgesoprano" wrote:
    yeah but that panther o-line was better last year
    I could make the case that Philly is not as good as last season (as many of you were saying before the game) and we still almost beat them, while you guys got beat. Just not a reasonable argument either way.

"pudgesoprano" wrote:
    moss talks but does driver every so any emition?
    Driver doesn't need to talk. He's probably the least talented of our three wideouts, but both the others fully acknowledge him as the squad leader. You are confusing volume and quantity of words with leadership.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

SI Players' Poll on QBs

The reason that poll is so accurate, is because it come straight from the guys who play it EVERY day. Not from couch potatos like us. Not from so called "experts". But from the guys who REALLY know and analyze the QB's daily. They watch more film on all the QB's in a season than we will in our life. THATS why that poll is probably MORE accurate than anything we could create or those so called experts who watch from their studio...
    3 Straight Division Champs

SI Players' Poll on QBs

Favre very rarely says a word in the locker room. When he does, the players listen and respond.

Moss talkes ALL the time. Criticizes his coach on the sideline and tells Daunte to "lead us man"

Who would you consider the better leader... wait, I forgot where I was

SI Players' Poll on QBs

yeah farve was good leader in the late 90's but in the new era they dont seam to follow his lead or he aint playing like he could because alot time hes decison making is reckless
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

SI Players' Poll on QBs

Obviously you have not watch a single game in the past 5 years....

So I ask you this. If the Pack isnt following his lead, etc. then they should be just fine if he would leave today... yet, I am sure you think they would be horrible... so pudge... which is it?

SI Players' Poll on QBs

amhed green is a great player there o-line is great wr a little questionble coach is not that great

it does seam the could be around .500 but they would get another qb so it depends on who it was for me to fully make a projection

adimt it coaching and farve cost the packers the playoff game last year

SI Players' Poll on QBs

coaching and defense cost tha game...

Favre played a great game until after the 4-16 play

Funny though how you rip the Packers for losing in the playoffs when the Vikings werent even there!

SI Players' Poll on QBs

i ripped the packers yeah they were a playoff team

but thanks to jimmy k.mike tice.d.walker

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast