Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PhillyVikes is offline Starter

SI Players' Poll on QBs

No love for black qb's!!!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

SI Players' Poll on QBs

He may have been talking about Peyton...
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

SI Players' Poll on QBs

"PhillyVikes" wrote:
    No love for black qb's!!!!!
    :?:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

SI Players' Poll on QBs

By He, I meant Packmaam...oh well, not all my posts can make sense (OK, I rarely make sense).

SI Players' Poll on QBs

My guess is that PhillyVikes was referring to McNair (or maybe Pep), in that Packmaam thought that McNair was not deserving last year, or that Pep (our early candidate for MVP) would not be deserving of the honor this year. But what do I know (and I wouldn't want to put words into either of their mouths.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Re: SI Players' Poll on QBs

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    [Based on a survey of 354 current and former players. Players were not allowed to vote for a QB on their team.]

Who is the NFL's best quarterback?

Peyton Manning ...... 34%
    Brett Favre .............. 23%
    Tom Brady ................ 14%
    Steve McNair ........... 12%
    Michael Vick .............. 8%
    Donovan McNabb ..... 5%
    Daunte Culpepper .... 1%

Which QB is most dangerous in a fourth-quarter comeback?

Brett Favre ....................... 47%
    Tom Brady ......................... 15%
    Peyton Manning ............... 15%
    Michael Vick ..................... 10%
    Steve McNair ...................... 7%
    Donovan McNabb ............... 4%
    Jake Delhomme .................. 2%
    i would rather mcnair lead a fourth quarter comeback then all those guys then tell how a game before mean that they will do it again i would rather have the most talent player

just think of this in the fourth quarter you can have int the d player gets pushed out at the one then the qb hands it off td and you get credit for a fourth quarter comeback
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

SI Players' Poll on QBs

To me, I don't think its necessarily a measure of "best", but a measure of the respect that a QB has from his peers. Do I think that Pepp should be higher on the list? Sure. But that doesn't mean he's earned it yet from other players.

Favre is naturally going to have respect because he's been starting since most of them were in high school.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

SI Players' Poll on QBs

OK, I will admit that Favre has proven SO FAR that he is a better QB than Pep is now. That being said, I care very little about the past. I care about this season and what those two QBs will bring to their teams. In that context, they probably are about even. However, for Pep the sky is the limit, while for Favre, he has more than likely reached the peak of his effectiveness. Does that make him a bad QB? No, but he is on his way down, however slight or great it may be. Tough for some Packer fans to swallow.

Pep will continue to get better and has proven that he will be one of the best QBs (absent the fumbling) for many years to come. Couple that with the fact that he plays for the Vikes and the choice is easy for me and most Vikes fans. Culpepper is the better of the two QBs, now and for the rest of both QBs respective careers.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

SI Players' Poll on QBs

Think of it this way. You don't think that John Elway or Joe Montana wasn't held in the highest of esteem by his peers, even in their last seasons?

I remember a young Brett Favre being dissed at his first Pro Bowl by a rather cocky Steve Young, who was about a year removed from falling from grace.

Yeah, Favre's a year or two from hanging it up. And on that day, Viking fans will cheer, but Packer fans will cheer for him and his great career.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

SI Players' Poll on QBs

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Think of it this way. You don't think that John Elway or Joe Montana wasn't held in the highest of esteem by his peers, even in their last seasons?

I remember a young Brett Favre being dissed at his first Pro Bowl by a rather cocky Steve Young, who was about a year removed from falling from grace.

Yeah, Favre's a year or two from hanging it up. And on that day, Viking fans will cheer, but Packer fans will cheer for him and his great career.

Sure everybody respects favre, but even you have to admit that there is no way in hell that favre is the 2nd best QB in the league right now, nowhere near 2nd best.

Also, when was the last time favre has lead a 4th quarter comeback? Fact is, it is ahman greens team now and green is the man who leads them to victory now, not favre. There are many examples of this from last year and even against the bears. Favre just doesn't have that magic anymore that he used to, late in the 4th quarter.

So sure, favre was the best QB in the league at one time and was the QB who many people would want to lead them to a 4th quarter comeback, but he isn't that guy anymore, and packers fans know this. That is where the poll makes no sense.

Sure I would say I have the most respect for favre, out of all those QB's listed, but respect doesn't make me think he is anywhere near the best RIGHT NOW.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast