Thread: SI Article

Hink is offline Waterboy

SI Article

There is an interesting article on cnnsi.com today about the Vikings new ownership. Peter King, a respectable writer, who in my opinion is usually correct in his assumptions or predictions, writes that the bid by Fowler to buy the team will most likely fail. He cites the phony resume, and the somewhat shaky financial situation. The article is on the main page of www.cnnsi.com, and is called Monday Morning Quarterback. The particular section is under the “10 things I think I think” section near the end of the article.

On a side note both King and the rumors section on cnnsi.com say that the Vikes will probably not land Plex, he does not have any visits scheduled other than the meeting with the Giants today. The only positive is that the Giants seem to be offering a figure which doesn’t suit Plex. Although if Red continues to run the team, we won’t beat the Giants offer.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

SI Article

The resume thing isn't going to matter, but the shaky financial situation most definately might.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

SI Article

I'm encouraged by the fact that Fowler's silent partners apparently have some deep financial roots. Fowler himself may be shaky, but he appears to have a firm group behind him.

I just can't believe things have gotten so bad behind Red. He's not a bad guy; he's given millions to the University of Texas here. I met him a few years back at a business school function with him, Mark Cuban, and Tom Hicks, and he was very personable. Unfortunately, he's done wrong by the Vikings pretty badly, and he needs to go now.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

SI Article

Why doesn't he give millions to some free agents out there for us! He would actually get something out of that!! I hate Red McCombs for what he has done to this team the past couple of seasons! He sweet talked his way into Minnesota, and he has taken us for a ride!! Get the he!! out Red and don't ever some back!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

SI Article

His name is on the business school at UT. I would gladly trade that for a high profile receiver.

I can picture it now. We'd get Roy Williams and my brother's degree will read The Detroit Lions School of Business. It'll be beautiful.

sabatajh is offline Rookie

SI Article

Ive read a lot of will he or wont he articles pertaining to mr fowler. i think there is a very good change he will get the team the fact is no body knows what he worth so its all just assumpions and you know where that will get ya ... the fact is red is the worst owner ever.. and once reggie realizes minnesota wont give him a new stadium he will be the next worse owner. the problem isnt red it the fact that he dosnt want to spend money on a team where the state wont give back .. dont get me wrong i hate red but i also understand his frustration with the fact that he had no shot of getting a new stadium which in today's nfl is as important as winning... because a new stadium means more revenue which makes it easier to give a 10 million signing bonus....

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

SI Article

"PurpleAndy" wrote:
    I'm encouraged by the fact that Fowler's silent partners apparently have some deep financial roots. Fowler himself may be shaky, but he appears to have a firm group behind him.

I just can't believe things have gotten so bad behind Red. He's not a bad guy; he's given millions to the University of Texas here. I met him a few years back at a business school function with him, Mark Cuban, and Tom Hicks, and he was very personable. Unfortunately, he's done wrong by the Vikings pretty badly, and he needs to go now.

Fowler also recently sold one of his business's for $300 million to assure he had enough money. It will be approved and we will be done with red forever! Praise the lord!

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

SI Article

Amen, brother!!!
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one