Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Shuler loss doesn't sit well

Who were the guys that were "Discussing" with me how thin our team is? Seems to me that if we cut someone (a late round pick) and someone snatches him up, we must be pretty deep with talent. :dry: :huh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Shuler loss doesn't sit well

There are all kinds of noobs on the board that surfaced with a bad start. The types that typically crawl back into their mom's basement when the tide turns and the team is playing well.

The defense, contrary to some overanalyzing asshat fans, has been playing well in the early season. If they gave up as few points as they have given up this season for the rest of the season they would hold the NFL record for least points allowed. Ever.

The ground game on offense has been holding its own and the passing game is pathetic. Blame Favre. Blame the receivers. Blame Tahi. Blame your mother-in-law. I don't care. The team lost the first couple games by a thin margin and held the teams to minimal points.

Personally, I really doubt the offense will continue to suck ass. I also doubt that the defense will implode and become horrible.

Add that stuff together and remember the Vikings are two games into a 16 game season and I remain optimistic. Every year a pack of naysayers surface from their subsurface hideouts and the typical 'sky is falling' crowd surfaces after a couple Ls and spew their venom. Fuck 'em all. The glass if half empty crowd is nauseating and I would gladly kick them in the nads every opportunity I get...just for the hell of it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:

Who were the guys that were "Discussing" with me how thin our team is? Seems to me that if we cut someone (a late round pick) and someone snatches him up, we must be pretty deep with talent. :dry: :huh:
    Yeah, I can see how a 7th round TE getting picked up on waivers is irrefutable proof of the depth of talent on our team. Give me a break.

Now, if he is inserted into the lineup and gets significant productive playtime it might be an indication that the TE position has depth but to stretch that into making a case that the OL, the secondary, the WR position etc are that deep is really taking liberty with the facts.

Quick question-

If that really is an indication of depth then it is interesting that two of our starters and one that you have had a fan crush on for 5 years were tendered in the offseason and neither got a sniff from other teams. If the depth were that great both of them would have been gone. Good try though. At least it might have bumped a 3 day old topic to the 2nd page and for that I give you credit. :P

Blog Entries

Prophet wrote:
    There are all kinds of noobs on the board that surfaced with a bad start. The types that typically crawl back into their mom's basement when the tide turns and the team is playing well.

The defense, contrary to some overanalyzing asshat fans, has been playing well in the early season. If they gave up as few points as they have given up this season for the rest of the season they would hold the NFL record for least points allowed. Ever.

The ground game on offense has been holding its own and the passing game is pathetic. Blame Favre. Blame the receivers. Blame Tahi. Blame your mother-in-law. I don't care. The team lost the first couple games by a thin margin and held the teams to minimal points.

Personally, I really doubt the offense will continue to suck ass. I also doubt that the defense will implode and become horrible.

Add that stuff together and remember the Vikings are two games into a 16 game season and I remain optimistic. Every year a pack of naysayers surface from their subsurface hideouts and the typical 'sky is falling' crowd surfaces after a couple Ls and spew their venom. Fuck 'em all. The glass if half empty crowd is nauseating and I would gladly kick them in the nads every opportunity I get...just for the hell of it.
    Hey, thanks for that post. It was just long enough for me to print out on a roll of toilet paper and wipe my ass with this morning. Maybe tomorrow you can add one more paragraph as I intend to eat some corn today and might need it.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Hmmmm... Purple Floyd seems hostile this morning. look out hmy:
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Blog Entries

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Hmmmm... Purple Floyd seems hostile this morning. look out hmy:
    Naah, no hostility here. Just having a stream of consciousness with proph.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro wrote:

No, one little anecdote without explanation doesn't mean anything regarding Viking depth.

As I recall, you made a statement that the team has great depth and several people correctly took you to task about it, pointing out that the team was actually quite thin in some areas.

That's a little different than the way you describe it.

Maybe part of the explanation for this difference of opinion is that, in several areas, the Vikings have plenty of bodies but a paucity of talent (and some nagging injuries)......thus people can see it two different ways.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Yeah, I can see how a 7th round TE getting picked up on waivers is irrefutable proof of the depth of talent on our team. Give me a break.

Now, if he is inserted into the lineup and gets significant productive playtime it might be an indication that the TE position has depth but to stretch that into making a case that the OL, the secondary, the WR position etc are that deep is really taking liberty with the facts.

Quick question-

If that really is an indication of depth then it is interesting that two of our starters and one that you have had a fan crush on for 5 years were tendered in the offseason and neither got a sniff from other teams. If the depth were that great both of them would have been gone. Good try though. At least it might have bumped a 3 day old topic to the 2nd page and for that I give you credit. :P
    Ahhhh the ole "No one sniffed at our RFA's this year" excuse as a means to measure talent.

No teams sniffed at any RFA's this year on any team. Does that mean all of them are crap players?

By the way, who is the player I have a 5 year man crush on? Kindof hard for me to figure out cause there is no player on this team that I haven't disliked at one point or another for some reason nor have I been on this site for 5 years for you to track that.

Good try though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Quick question-

Ahhhh the ole "No one sniffed at our RFA's this year" excuse as a means to measure talent.

No teams sniffed at any RFA's this year on any team. Does that mean all of them are crap players?

By the way, who is the player I have a 5 year man crush on? Kindof hard for me to figure out cause there is no player on this team that I haven't disliked at one point or another for some reason nor have I been on this site for 5 years for you to track that.

Good try though.
    To quote mars. Child please.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Quick question-

Good try though.
    To quote mars. Child please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast