Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Show yourselves Pep bashers.

"singersp" wrote:
    "thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    who's better moss or welker? who gets more receptions? welker... why? because moss is a great distraction by being a great receiver. double/triple coverages make it easy for Culpepper to find a single or wide open burleson/wiggins.
    WR's who are supposed to be distractions are supposed to run their routes. Not make a half-effort to jog down the field when they know the ball isn't coming their way.

Good receivers give 100% all the time & don't, "Play when they want to"

We all saw how well "Moss made Collins" didn't we? LOL!
    That's not true at all.
    Every WR takes plays off.
    When your the second / third read on a 3 step drop it usually isn't wise to use all of your energy.
    Fact is, Moss is the best WR in the league.
    He has over 130 TDs and has continually produced.
    He's had over 1,000 yards with 6 different QBs and averages over 12 TDs a season.
    I bet T-Jack would've put up numbers similar to Cassel if he was in NE offense.
    He is definently better at the deep ball...

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    It seems far fetched that we would ever ridicule AD, but when Culpepper threw for 4,700 yards and 39TD's(11ints) and rushed for 400yrds 2TD(4 lost fumbles) that one day he would be ridiculed by most vikes fans probably seemed far fetched too.
    The funny thing about those stats that all Moss sniffers turn a blind eye to after they claim, "Moss made Culpepper" that year are these simple facts;

Moss only played 13 games that year.

Moss caught only 1/3 of those TD's. 13 to be exact

Moss only caught 49 passes that year & accumulated only 767 yards of the 4,717 yards Culpepper threw.

Burleson, not Moss, had the most yards of the WR's on the team with 1,006 & Wiggins had the most receptions;

Wiggins: 71
    Burleson: 68
    Moss: 49
    Great, another randy moss disagreement.
    Well at least this will eventually be merged and out of the way.

5vikingsrule6 is offline Training Camp

god im so happy, i thought we traded for culpepper reading into the first page im like noo!! then i saw it was 2005... whew

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    It seems far fetched that we would ever ridicule AD, but when Culpepper threw for 4,700 yards and 39TD's(11ints) and rushed for 400yrds 2TD(4 lost fumbles) that one day he would be ridiculed by most vikes fans probably seemed far fetched too.
    The funny thing about those stats that all Moss sniffers turn a blind eye to after they claim, "Moss made Culpepper" that year are these simple facts;

Moss only played 13 games that year.

Moss caught only 1/3 of those TD's. 13 to be exact

Moss only caught 49 passes that year & accumulated only 767 yards of the 4,717 yards Culpepper threw.

Burleson, not Moss, had the most yards of the WR's on the team with 1,006 & Wiggins had the most receptions;

Wiggins: 71
    Burleson: 68
    Moss: 49
    I feel like the posters on here who dislike Moss whine more about him than he ever has about anything. Over the past year or so "haters" have been a lot more active than the "sniffers." Just look at the official moss thread, it's activity is almost entirely due to "haters" stirring the pot.

Whether or not he gave his all when was a decoy doesn't make a difference. His "half-ass" route still drew the coverage. You know that Nate Burleson and Wiggins would not have had that successful of seasons if it were not for Moss drawing the coverage away from them. Wiggins isn't in the league anymore, Burleson's receiver numbers are bad. Basically receiver Moss has ever played with has appeared better because of him. I won't say "Moss made Culpepper," though he certainly helped. But he did make Burleson, no doubt about it.

I said this a while back in the Official Moss Thread:
    "Mr" wrote:
    ... we should appreciate what he did for us while he was in Minnesota. If anyone wants to celebrate what he did for us, they should be allowed to without being jumped on for it, but they should do it in this thread. There is no need to derail other threads to say "well if Moss was still here." I have no problem with people using Moss as an example in discussion, he's such a dynamic player that he is a very useful example to use, no one else in the NFL has, or has ever had the same effect on a defense he does/has, so if someone wants to do that, let them. If you don't want to acknowledge that segment of their post, don't. The worst thing you can do to derail a thread is draw attention to the statement which would do so.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Aw the days when Manning and Culpepper were used in the same sentence

I do miss Pep

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

DC is a big, talented NFL caliber QB who needs a talented Offense and an OC and/or QB Coach that can hold his hand and closely coach him to pump up his confidence level.

Back off any of those elements and DC quickly becomes a very average to below average QB.

Moss helped DC overachieve with the help of our Original Kick Ass Offense.
    Moss took a talented Patriots Offense to a new level of dominance.

DC may show flashes of greatness, but without those elements . . . he'll crash down to earth.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"so-cal" wrote:
    For all those (Vikings fans and non-fans alike) who keep putting Culpepper down, who keep suggesting that Moss is the reason that Pep has such great numbers, who think Pep is no good, show yourselves.

I want a list right here so I can get the humble pie ready for you next season.

Regardless of what Moss does next season and regardless of whether you agree with the trade or not, the arguements about Culpepper's abilities will hopefully be answered once and for all.

When Daunte maintains his #1 QB status in the NFC and moves to the #1 in the NFL next season, come see me for your slice.
    I'll be here.
    Put me in the list.
    Daunte's problem was not that he isn't talented.
    It is that he has to learn a new style of play.
    He is not as mobile as he was and his ego gets in the way of realizing that.
    So I would be happy to eat crow if he does well but I will tell you I don't think he will.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "so-cal" wrote:
    For all those (Vikings fans and non-fans alike) who keep putting Culpepper down, who keep suggesting that Moss is the reason that Pep has such great numbers, who think Pep is no good, show yourselves.

I want a list right here so I can get the humble pie ready for you next season.

Regardless of what Moss does next season and regardless of whether you agree with the trade or not, the arguements about Culpepper's abilities will hopefully be answered once and for all.

When Daunte maintains his #1 QB status in the NFC and moves to the #1 in the NFL next season, come see me for your slice.

I'll be here.
    Put me in the list.
    Daunte's problem was not that he isn't talented.
    It is that he has to learn a new style of play.
    He is not as mobile as he was and his ego gets in the way of realizing that.
    So I would be happy to eat crow if he does well but I will tell you I don't think he will.

You just quoted a post from 2005 when Moss had just been traded to Oakland.
    Haha

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011