Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Should we trade for a CB

Kelly would be nice ON SPECAIL TEAMS. Lets get real guys Rushen Jones beat Kelly out thats why he was so upset and asked to be released. I'm willing to give Rushen another chance. If one of the other CB's go down we are in alot of trouble. We will just have to see what the coaching staff does. If they get somebody then we know they dont believe rushen can get it done. We'll just have to see.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Should we trade for a CB

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Kelly would be nice ON SPECAIL TEAMS. Lets get real guys Rushen Jones beat Kelly out thats why he was so upset and asked to be released. I'm willing to give Rushen another chance. If one of the other CB's go down we are in alot of trouble. We will just have to see what the coaching staff does. If they get somebody then we know they dont believe rushen can get it done. We'll just have to see.

Yeah, kelly left on really bad terms, so no way tice even thinks about him. The only guy I see coming in, is derek ross again. He would probably play dime CB until he got healthy, then be the nickel CB ahead of rushen, unless rushen plays well in the coming weeks.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Should we trade for a CB

I think Derek Ross, too, from what I remember he didn't play too bad after practicing like two days before the falcons game, he can't play much worse than R. Jones, and if Nelson gets on the field we might as well just hand them 6 points, you think Rushen's bad, anybody else watch Nelson get burned time and time again by Schaub?
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Should we trade for a CB

"sitandbehitski" wrote:
    I think Derek Ross, too, from what I remember he didn't play too bad after practicing like two days before the falcons game, he can't play much worse than R. Jones, and if Nelson gets on the field we might as well just hand them 6 points, you think Rushen's bad, anybody else watch Nelson get burned time and time again by Schaub?

I think schaud was picking on reggie austin and not rhett nelson, if that was the week 2 preseason game that I think it was. Austin really stunk that game. I do however agree that rhett nelson isn't very good at all. He was picked on in the last preseason game and he couldn't cover anyone.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Should we trade for a CB

Tice said today in his news conference that it isa short list of players they want to try out at CB, 1 that he mentioned is Terence Shaw formerly of the Carolina Panthers and Oakland Raiders.

Not sure of this guy, anybody think anything about him?

Also Tice said he would not bring anybody in that was not a good fit for our locker room! Which I take to mean no head cases, and I think he was referring to Eric Kelly (maybe Derick Ross). But I think we need somebody that is a cover guy and can hit and I think Ross fits that if we can get him healthy.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Should we trade for a CB

Minn isn't going to give anybody any draft picks. Our phylosophy from what I've read is we don't trade picks for players.

SO it's never going to happen. Plus McKenzie isn't that good and we don't need to pay an arm and a leg for a nickel back... That would be dumb

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Should we trade for a CB

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    Just a guess, but Sherman won't be trading MM to a division rival without a pretty penny in return (a first and a player), so I wouldn't count on MM coming, though sending you more cancers is rather intruiging.

I said Los that it would be a 3 way trade and GB wouldn't know he was coming to Minn until after the trade was done.

And at this point I think they would take a 3 & 5 in next years draft.

And we are way under the salary cap so we have the room.
    but see, now by posting this, I NOW KNOW your sneaky little plan, and I am calling Mike Sherman right now AS WE SPEAK to not fall for it. Mwuahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Should we trade for a CB

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    Just a guess, but Sherman won't be trading MM to a division rival without a pretty penny in return (a first and a player), so I wouldn't count on MM coming, though sending you more cancers is rather intruiging.

I said Los that it would be a 3 way trade and GB wouldn't know he was coming to Minn until after the trade was done.

And at this point I think they would take a 3 & 5 in next years draft.

And we are way under the salary cap so we have the room.
    but see, now by posting this, I NOW KNOW your sneaky little plan, and I am calling Mike Sherman right now AS WE SPEAK to not fall for it. Mwuahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

squealer, ruined our whole plan!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Should we trade for a CB

Isn't that Shaw guy really old?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123