mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Should we bring back Big Dave ???

LOTS OF VETS TO BE SIGNED NEXT WEEK

We're hearing that NFL teams plan to make a run on so-called vested veterans after the first weekend of games is completed.

By rule, any player with four or more seasons of service who is on an NFL roster for the first regular season game is guaranteed his full salary for the entire season, even if he is cut the next day. To avoid this rule, teams either cut vested veterans before the first game and then re-sign them later, or they wait to sign the vested veteran as a free agent until after the first week.

This year, there's a sense that teams will use this device more than ever before.

Here's a quick look at just some of the vested veterans who could draw interest next week:

At quarterback, Vinny Testaverde, Kordell Stewart, Tim Couch, and Jesse Palmer. At running back, Amos Zereoue, Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala, Trung Candidate, and Eddie George. At receiver, Derrius Thompson and Freddie Mitchell.

At tight end, Ricky Dudley. At offensive tackle, Marcus Spears. At guard, David Dixon.

At defensive end, Hugh Douglas. At defensive tackle, Tony Williams. At linebacker, Jason Gildon and Kevin Lewis. At punter, Micah Knorr and Tom Rouen. At kicker, Morten Andersen and Gary Anderson.

There are more, to be sure. And we don't mean to say that these are the best of the bunch, but mere illustrations of the recognizable names that are available.

Come Monday, look for more than a few of these guys to start finding work.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Should be bring back Big Dave ???

If our O-line screws up week one then it will be time to bring him back. If not then I think we are obviously good.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Should we bring back Big Dave ???

I like Big Dave, I wouldn't mind bringing him back, there are alot of things Marcus could learn from him...

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

I think we should. He had a great year last year, plus he could teach Johnson alot. Especially the way our O-line looks now...

singersp is online now PPO Newshound

Do ya really think Dave's going to give up his "5 million jelly bean" job coaching high school kids to come back another year? I'm sure if push comes to shove & we need him back, the offer will be out there to 'en Tice him back. But then we would have to cut someone as well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Morten and Gary Anderson....what are they like 50??

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i definately think we should. David Dixon was good last year, and he'd be a great mentor. since we lost Birk we need all the experience we can get on the o-line.

Thanks Josdin

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

David is awesome! I lived like right by him when I lived in the cities.. He would make fun of my lil bros Miami Dolphs coat haha.. I saw him raking leaves and I said why don't ya just pay a kid like me to that? He said he does anything to keep in shape.. So with all that junk being said I think he would be a good pick up haha..

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

without a doubt bring him back. i don't have any good stories to tell of him but he was a fan favorite and also largely under rated.