Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Should we believe Zygi? Absolutely

If zigy doesnt get a stadium he has all the right to move the team. He would not be the one to blame if it happens even though people would point the finger at him to avoid the real reason this state seems to lose pro sports teams. Blame the retards in St. Paul and the idiots who really think public money never goes to private companies. People who think public assistance in sports teams is a new thing. We have been using public money for pro teams since 1961
    You republican whore!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Of course Wilf does it for the buisness end of it, thats what the NFL is now adays, a very profitable one at that also.

But at the same time, I also sense and have read about Wilfs love for the game and his desire to bring MN a winner...

Look at the speed in which he and his team of workers has put together such a wonderful plan for the stadium itself.

That alone proves to me, he is not only trying to better his buisness venture, but he's trying to better the team and the State of MN at the same time.

The State should take advantage of having such a successfull buisness man in their corner. Thats the bottom line, he's done great things with investments he's dealt with, and he wants to do the same in the NFL....MN...And with the Vikings..

The State would gain largely if they worked with him, and the people of MN would gain also, not only the fans but your everyday citizen as well..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not trying to be a smart a-- here but can you tell me ANY large financial benefit the Gophers football team brings to the state that warrents the taxpayers footing the bill for a new stadium? Why isn't the U of M financing it's own football stadium or the Twins if that's the way they feel about the Vikes?
    Neither of them will bring anywhere near the economic impact the Vikings will.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I'm not trying to be a smart a-- here but can you tell me ANY large financial benefit the Gophers football team brings to the state that warrents the taxpayers footing the bill for a new stadium? Why isn't the U of M financing it's own football stadium or the Twins if that's the way they feel about the Vikes?
    Neither of them will bring anywhere near the economic impact the Vikings will.
    Isn't the the university connected to the state?

If so, hence the state helping out.

What do you call LARGE? There could be significant benefits to a new stadium:

1. More money
    2. Better recruits
    3. National Championship?
    4. Bowl hosting

All that leads to more people coming to that area and spending their dinero; economics 101 my friend.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Del Rio wrote:

Above all else, you can say with 100% certainty that the one solid set in stone motivation of our new owner is to make his investment productive and make his investment pay off.

That is all.

I don't deny his desire to win. What I do think is you can not take anything he says about players and location to heart. For one he is a buisiness man and while he may have been a fan he probably knows very little about the way things work at this point.

Del Rio, youse needs to stop bein' such a pacifist, always lookin' at da negative tings.

Youse don't know how much Zygi knows or don't know, y'know? Yeah, he's a rookie owner, and yeah, he's gonna look at da bottom line, money.

But, like all of us, he's probably got an ego, I betcha. He wants to be a successful owner, one dat gets props from his fellow owners and da media as well. He wants to be known as a good football man as well as owner, I'm tinkin'. At least, I hopes he does.

I woulda done and said the same ting about Daunte. Yeah, I woulda said, he's da franchise quarterback. And then Daunte starts actin' weird and pouty, and den, sure, dose woids come back to haunt ya. But, he's tellin' it like he sees it, y'know?

None of us will know about da New Vikes until da end of da 2006 season. I'm just gonna hold on and enjoy da ride, and hope for da best.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Let's wait & see. There's plenty to be excited about, but keep in mind that most, if not all, of the key management / coaching positions has NO experience in their new jobs. We have to hope that enough rubbed off on them during their time with their old "successful" teams. We'll see come the end of the 2006 season!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

We just turned Three-Hundred-Sixty-Five degrees
    at this point, you can't say a thing about the coaching staff
    I trust wilf ? Absolutely
    I think he's verry loyal and dedicated to the vikings, so why not to trust him?

you have to belive how he is, or let him prove himself worng
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12