Should the Vikings fire Linehan ?

Since the last topic on how will Robinson do turned into a debate over Scott Linehan I decided to ask the following question:

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Meh, I don't like the guy, he has showed very little promise calling games and very little improvement. However, I'll give him 1 more year.

I think he isn't cut out to be an offensive coordinator. I do think he would make an awesome position coach though....
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

All I can say is unleash the beast!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

the dude is retarded

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

He is the reason we started 6-0. His play calling didn't lose us games.
    A few flukes and several missed field goals cost us the playoffs.
    You do not have the number one ranked offense with poor play calling.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

We have the #1 ranked offense because we have the best players...i could call plays for us and get us the #1 offense! anytime you have a top 5 o-line, the best wr in the game an above average QB, running backs galore! You should have the #1 offense...Linehan becomes suspect when we get in the red zone! and on third downs...That's where he needs some improvement! Besides the #1 ranked offense is based on total yards gained only..not points, TD% in the red zone, 3rd down conversions. If you take that into account we aren't the #1 offense any more...We need to be more efficient....we can throw up and down the field all day but unless we score points we aren't doing anything....

I wouldn't fire him he has some nice qualities and he's young but he needs a mentor....I wouldn't fire him just demote him to assistant O-coordinator...

eelpout72 is offline Starter

During his first year I seem to recall a number of problems including so many illegal procedure penalties and false starts. It seemed that at least 2 plays a game, they couldnt even line up properly.

Last year they seemed better organized and better disciplined. Likely, this is due to Linehan having one additional year of experience and the players having another year of getting used to him and his system.

Sure we have good players, but good players alone wont make a good offense. Although offensive ranking based on yards is not the perfect reflection of the quality of an offense (there is no perfect indicator), it still does give a reasonable indication of a offense's success.

Based on this, I think that he should definitely stay as coordinator because he is a good one. I dont always like his play calls but overall they are okay. Sometimes the offense seems to be too conservative but this may be dictated by Tice. As purplehorn mentioned we went 6-0 because of the success of the offense wherby we scored quickly and frequently and made our opponents one-dimensional in their offense (which resulted in all of those picks).

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree . . . give him one more year and let's see what happens. I have to say, there were a lot of "questionable" calls last year and I really wondered what the hell was going on. True, we do have the best offense in the league. I think our pure talent makes up for most of the crappy calls anyway. I just know there's gotta be a more creative offensive mind out there. I honestly thought he was going to get fired after the season . . . hopefully he'll get smarter and know the team potential better . . . it was his first year.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

I just don't see how you can get a job as an offensive coordinator and have such questionable play calling. Especially when people like us and it seems to be every Viking fan out there, can see how suspect his play calling is. OK I guess we have no choice but to give him another year but he better do a heck of a lot better in key situations or we are going to be in tru-bul, tru-bul, tru-bul!!!

And maybe good players don't always make an offense but with the offense we have and as long as they've been together we could go out there and draw patterns in the sand and do just as well (i'm being a smartass of course).