Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Should the Vikes run or pass more against da Bears?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    What are your thoughts on this topic? I will check back after work tomorrow to put in my two cents worth.

Last year in Chicago..they tried to run it down their throats. The bears stayed in the game the whole time..and won it down the stretch. We got the Arm, we got the legs, we got the turf, Unleash the Freak!!!!!!! :evil:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Should the Vikes run or pass more against da Bears?

Read the rest of my posts...I wasn't advocating running the ball all day. I was just talking about the first drive. The initial conservativeness was only to protect against a three-and-out situation, giving da Bears decent field position. Once they get to midfield, if the bombs are off target for some reason, then a punt pins da Bears back nearer their own goal line. Field position is always important and the initial few plays would allow the offense to get into a rhythm before the Freak is unleashed!!! So you see, we are not too far apart in our strategies after all. We definitely have the same end result in mind. GO VIKES!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

well with brown tillman and azumah looking doubtful i think we go into a pass mode, much like the eagles game. I think we can light the bears secondary up with much of there vets out. Depth doesnt look all to great against them.

Anyone remember that 17 play 10 min fourth quarter drive we had against them last on sunday night football. That took forever. :?
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Prophet Guest

Seems like a no brainer. Since their secondary is stripped down to a bunch of peeweeers toss the rock.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Hey Los, how did 'Da Bears beat the Pack? Perhaps we should follow the same formula...Green fumbles at the goal line...Corey Chavous runs fumble back for a :cheers: ... :wink:

Seriously, though, I think we pass, pass again, then pass some more. Throw underneath to the backs and Wiggins, then stretch the D with a few deep to Moss, Burleson, Campbell, Robinson, et al...You all know the results... :cheers:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    My advice is you should score more points against the Bears.
    [size=7px][/size]

Call Tice and tell him Los, Thanks.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

MARK MY WORDS: This is exactly how it will go. This is based on the last the way the games have gone agaisnt the Bears since Randy Moss joined the team. The Vikings have averaged 160 yards per game since Moss has been a Viking. Why because the Bears play a deep cover 2 in between the 20's. They totally take away the medium and deep passing game until they get in the red zone then they go to thier base D where they have a short field and can stop the run and make passing tough with only a 20 yard field. The only way it is different is if the backup DB's for the Bears cannot handle the situation and Moss eats them up.
    If you don't beleve me look at the stats over the last 4 or 5 years, 160+ yards rushing and I think Duante usually only has between 200 and 240 yards passing.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"purplehorn" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    My advice is you should score more points against the Bears.
    [size=7px][/size]

Call Tice and tell him Los, Thanks.
    I've given up trying to call him. Last time I tried he wouldn't answer as he was in the ER having a pencil removed from his butt.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I would like to see the Offensive Coordinator unleash the freak but I am guessing we will run run run. The O-line has subs and I think they will try to get a groove on by running. It should work. If that doesn't go well, we will goback to the dink and dunk down the field and try to score from the 25 yd line and out with a strike to Burleson on the underneath route coming across the middle. When Daunte decides to be conservative and skips the shot to Moss because he is double covered.

Something like that.

No really, we will try to run with the patch work line to try to build their confidence.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

My thoughts exactly! Great minds do really think alike. Of course, in the case of many Packer fans, idiot minds think alike too. Not you Los, you are pretty smart for a Pack fan. You should run for WI governor or something.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123