Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Should Tice be fired?

If we lose to the four worst teams in the league again this year, I'll be calling for Tice's head personally. Or if we play conservatively against weak opponents when we clearly have superior talent. We can't let weak teams "hang around" where they have a chance to win by making one good play or have one good series. We have to force them into the kind of mistakes that poor teams make when they have to play "catch-up".
    SKOL VIKINGS!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Should Tice be fired?

I was skeptical about the Tice decision. However, I have come to like Coach Tice. Do I think He's a bill Parcells. No, or should I say Not yet. I beleive he has the potential and the know how to be an awesome coach. He certainly seems to be building the team well. The vikes look great. I agree that this is a pivotal year for tice, but I don;t see him getting canned outside of losing control of the team.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

Should Tice be fired?

I really don't think Coach will be fired. The players seem to like him, which is important. He seems to have an eye for talent (in drafts and free agents). He's done a great job rebuilding the team. I think the only problem has been inexperience. Not just him but with our O-coordinator Linehan too. Some of the calls last year were awful, especially when they decided to go conservative. I don't think his job is in any jeopardy.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

cheesefree is offline Starter

Should Tice be fired?

Myself, I would have fired Denny and named Billick head coach in `98.
    But I think Tice might have what it takes to be a really good coach, and this is his year to prove it.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Should Tice be fired?

Purplepat I must agree with you this team looks much better on paper than last years team and so should eat up the weaker teams. It really comes down to leadership on the field.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Should Tice be fired?

Tice has done an excellent job of rebuilding a D that was terrible, and at the same time kept the O at the top of the league. But he has made some bad game plans and decisions on gameday that have cost the team, but those will get better with experience.

Tice has done a good job of turning this team around and making it competitive again. Just be glad we are not Charger fans or Bengals fans, those teams have been terrible for a long time.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

jiggyjack is offline Rookie

Should Tice be fired?

i like what tice has done with the team. i think hes worked hard to get the right people (players and coachs) on board with what he is given$$$. i wouldnt be surprised if red pulles the trigger if we dont have a decent season and win at least one post season game. so far i like the guy.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Should Tice be fired?

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I too am a big fan of Tice. However, I do believe that if we don't make the playoffs at least this year he will be fired. He had a 3 year plan... and he had a lot of rebuilding to do. I have said it a thousand times and I'll say it again. Our season and our games don't come down to one person... there are lots of things that led to our crash and burn last season... it can't all be blamed on Tice.
    I agree...Tice made it clear his plan involved the Vikings getting to the playoffs after 3 years, and in doing so he tied his own fate to that plan. Expectations are very high for the Vikings this year. I do like Tice but I just don't see him staying around if the Vikings fail to make the playoffs.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Should Tice be fired?

if we dont make the playoffs he will definantly get fired but hes a good coach i think made some dumb calls last year but lets just see how good we are when the season starts
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

wv__viking__fan is offline Starter

Should Tice be fired?

I like coach Tice. I think that he is doing a fine job. The players like him and that is half the battle right there. He is becoming more confident in his ability as he gains experience each year. I think that Tice will be a good coach for years to come, hopefully with the Vikings.
    Let s Go Mountaineers!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast