Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Should Tice be fired?

I think Tice is a great coach, he motivates the players, and he has also done an excellent job in the drafts so far from what I have seen.

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Should Tice be fired?

I realize my voice is not necessarily appreciated on this topic.....BUT, Tice is doing a decent job and not a lot of big name coaches would want to coach for Big Red. Appreciate him for what he is.

Now, if I asked that same question I would have expected no less than 5-10 private e-mails calling me a variety of names and telling me I'm just trolling. (whatever the hell that is?)

Just so you know that was from one of your own.

Good Day Sirs!
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Should Tice be fired?

Ahhhh Tex... I would go with about 20 emails! jk... Believe it or not though not all Viking fans agree on everything... I do believe you missed the Daunte or Gus debate... I'm sure you would have loved that one!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Should Tice be fired?

I agree. Tice has done a fine job with what he was left over with! Granted we've had the offense, but the defense that was left to him was pourous!! I like Tice, he did/does a helluva job with the line and I think he has the respect of his players, i.e. Randy, Pep, Michael, etc.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Should Tice be fired?

I hope he has matured as a coach. Lets face it he made some really bad play calls last year and the Vikes were not always ready to play when they hit the field. There were a few times that he didn't make the adjustments to his game plan in time and it cost us games. He has better personnel this year so I am really hopeful. But then I am hopeful at the beginning of every season starting in 1967 the year Bud Grant arrived. :cheers: I think this is going to be a great year for the Vikes. :thumbleft:

WWBGD

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Should Tice be fired?

If the Vikings do not make the playoffs this year I will do the same thing I did at the end of last year and scream for Tice's head on a silver plater. Last year his choice for a DC was terrible O'leary was not the man for the job. This year the Vikings have a true DC so there will be no excuse.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Should Tice be fired?

I don't think it was O'leary's fault, but ok!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Should Tice be fired?

If tice makes playoffs in which most likely he will since he has the talent and experience with the third time is a charm, he wont be fired even if we lose in the playoffs.

Now if we dont make the playoffs i dont expect tice to be back. No excuses nothing, hes gone and possibly ted cottrell could be the next head coach since reds a cheap ass. :lol:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Big C is offline Coordinator

Should Tice be fired?

I think Tice is an excellent coach. He has done a phenomenal job over the last two years. The biggest contribution being getting Moss to mature as a leader. The Vikes will make the playoffs so Tice is safe. Just like a player needs time to mature, a coach needs time to mature. Over the last two years I have seen significant improvement.

Last year's slump had nothing to do with Tice. The defense broke down. Period. So basically, even if by some miracle we DON'T make the playoffs this season, I still say that we shouldn't fire Tice.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Should Tice be fired?

Big C, you beat me to my point, sort of.

I was wondering if Moss would have matured off the field if Tice wasn't there to help him on his way. I don't think so. Tice went out of his way to work with Randy, and we've all seen the payoff of that investment. That's one reason I'm a fan of Tice.

I also like his candor. He's open in interviews,a nd if there's something he's asked that he doesn't want to answer, he doesn't dance around the question. He just tells the reporter that he doesn't want to answer the question. That's very refreshing.

Mainly though, I like the fact that he came into a really bad situation, and has been improving the team into a unit that can get to the top and stay there. They've brought in talent on both sides of the ball, and they've done so in a way that means we won't have to do a salary cap purge every few years like some teams. I know that's no all Tice's doing, but it is a change in philosophies that happened when he became the coach, so I think he had something to do with it.

In any case, I think this all just rhetorical, because the Vikings will be in the playoffs. I'm confident of that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast