Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Should Tice be fired?

If the Vikings make an early exit in the playoffs this season, or if they don't make the playoffs at all, it is in my opinion that Coach Tice should be fired. I have never believed that Tice was the right choice for head coach, and I am still unsure of that decision. I don't think Tice has shown the guts needed to take the chances that are necessary to take the Vikings to their first Super Bowl win. I am a loyal Vikings fan and always will be, but I call on all Vike fans to watch this season carefully and if our team falls apart again, demand the dismissal of Tice as head coach.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Should Tice be fired?

"so-cal vike" wrote:
    If the Vikings make an early exit in the playoffs this season, or if they don't make the playoffs at all, it is in my opinion that Coach Tice should be fired. I have never believed that Tice was the right choice for head coach, and I am still unsure of that decision. I don't think Tice has shown the guts needed to take the chances that are necessary to take the Vikings to their first Super Bowl win. I am a loyal Vikings fan and always will be, but I call on all Vike fans to watch this season carefully and if our team falls apart again, demand the dismissal of Tice as head coach.
    We always watch the season carefully as you'll see from the posts on this site.
    Lets at least get Training camp done with before we start looking at changing the coaching staff ...
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Should Tice be fired?

Tice has actually had a big part in building what could be a powerhouse for years to come. He's never before had the luxury of having a team that's talented on both sides of the ball. This will definitely be a make or break year for Tice. I personally think he'll do fine. He's a smart coach that rarely makes the same mistake twice (I hope he learned his lesson on young kickers last year).

By the way, welcome So Cal.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

Should Tice be fired?

so-cal I would not be surprised if Tice is fired if the team does not make the playoffs but not for the reason you mentioned AT ALL. I beleive you are probobly a loyal fan but you must have missed a couple games last year. To say Tice does not have the guts is nieve. Remember the Saints game last year, without Tice going for 2 they may not have won. Remember the Cardinals game when they went for it on 4th down on the opening drive. I personally thought with the leagues number one offense and it being so early in the game that it was a great gutty decision but it cost them the game. If anything he is too guttsy sometimes. How many times did they go for it on 4th down last year???? ALOT.
    I love Tice as a coach, the only thing I do not like is his game plan sometimes, and that is the sign of a young coach and I feel if anything that is what will cost him his job. Although he recently defended his Chicago game plan from last year which I thought was a terrible plan but what he said makes sense. He said he did not feel the defense could hold up in a shootout or in a game that they spent alot of time on the field, that is why it was such a ball control game. He also said something today that makes alot of sense also. He and his coaches know what players can and cannot do, they know this better than any fan or any sports reporter. Think about it with such a young team they are the only people who really know his desicions may have made them a 9-7 team last year without them they may have went 3-13 who knows. We all know what Moss can do or pepper and a couple others but did anyone really know what Onterio could do or Kevein Williams or Rosenthal or how good is Mckinnie or Cambell or Bates or Burlesson. This team is so young nobody outside of the coaches really know. I do agree with the added talent this year if they have a dimal year he should be fired, but not because of a lack of guts.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

Should Tice be fired?

I personally am I big fan of Tice's and think he has done an outstanding job at building this team. I dont think he should be fired if they lose early in the playoffs or even if we dont make the playoffs. there a young team and going in the right direction. I dont think it would help to uproot the whole team.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Should Tice be fired?

I too am a big fan of Tice. However, I do believe that if we don't make the playoffs at least this year he will be fired. He had a 3 year plan... and he had a lot of rebuilding to do. I have said it a thousand times and I'll say it again. Our season and our games don't come down to one person... there are lots of things that led to our crash and burn last season... it can't all be blamed on Tice.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Should Tice be fired?

Ludacris question!! Next!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Should Tice be fired?

While I can't praise tice enough for what he has done these last 2 years to build our team up, especially our D, I still say he isn't a good head coach. He talked about a 3 year plan and now that time is up. He clearly has the talent on our team to at least make the playoffs, so if we don't he needs to be let go. Now if you are asking if I think he will be gone at the end of the year, i say no. We all know how cheap Red is, and Tice has an option in his contract for one more year. I expect red to excercise that option, because of how cheap tice's contract is. If we do make a good run this year, expect red to give tice a nice new contract. But really, this question should not be asked at this time of the year.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Should Tice be fired?

Training camp starts in 2 days and your talking about if Tice should be fired, have some faith! :sunny:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Should Tice be fired?

Hell no Tice should not be fired when we have a D to go with our O everyone will praise him. Maybe not with our O but we should have a killah D this year
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast