Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "SiniSSter" wrote:
    in the games ive seen it doesn't seem like Williamson is getting the ball much, but when he does i havent seen any drops like last year. rice stays. maybe trade chester taylor for a good established receiver? idk if hes a free agent next year or not.
    [size=18pt]NO!![/size]

CT & AD will be a powerhouse tandem for years, it would be dumb to trade away Taylor, what if AD gets hurt again (god forbid).
    Unless we resign Mewelde after this year we're losting him after this season, we need to keep a quality back up.
    Trading away a good RB in a rush first offense would be a bad move.

At the beginning of the season I would have been all for this trade, but now seeing that we have the best back-field in the NFL... I want it to stay that way.

Taylor can definitely handle the load, but I think he makes even a better compliment to AP. I think this tandem is may favorite part of the team right now. I'd hate to see it go.
    If we could trade CT and a draft pick for Larry Fitzgerald, would you honestly be opposed?
    The fact is that RB's like Taylor are more easily replaceable than impact WR's.
    We could resign MeMo (who has led this team in rushing one season), and find a decent RB in the mid rounds of the draft for depth.
    A team like Arizona may want a RB to ease into Edge's role.
    I'm all for trading CT for a big time receiving threat.

As far as free acency, I like Johnson and Berrian the best out of anyone available.
    They are veterans but not too old yet.
    Both have speed and running abilities.
    I suck at finding stuff like this so I don't know how true it is, but one of the local sports radio guys was talking to a guest and he said that Fitz is expected to meet playing time and production incentive standards that will boost his 2008 salary to over $14 million.

With the exception of Edge has anyone seen anything to think that the Cardinals are willing to pay salaries like that?

He also said something along the lines that they really need to watch thier budget and they they need to extend the contracts of LBs Karlos Dansby and Calvin Pace.

He really believed that the Cards would get something done that would extend Fritz's contract thus eliminating the huge hit to allow the Cards to sign other players.

With that said, I wonder if he is even available for a trade or as a FA in 2009.

Again, no link, just some talk on the radio.
    :
    No i haven't either... but i can't imagine they'd let Fitz go... that would truly show that they're not committed to winning.. and would probably piss off wisenhut...

With that said, i think DJ Hackett would be the best available receiver in free agency... the stats he put up before his second injury were insane for someone that was out for soo long..

And OMG.. i forgot the Pats had the niners firs pick this year.. can you imagine if they got McFadden??? that would just be unfair..!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    [quote author=SiniSSter link=topic=40073.msg680928#msg680928 date=1196234658]
    in the games ive seen it doesn't seem like Williamson is getting the ball much, but when he does i havent seen any drops like last year. rice stays. maybe trade chester taylor for a good established receiver? idk if hes a free agent next year or not.
    [size=18pt]NO!![/size]

CT & AD will be a powerhouse tandem for years, it would be dumb to trade away Taylor, what if AD gets hurt again (god forbid).
    Unless we resign Mewelde after this year we're losting him after this season, we need to keep a quality back up.
    Trading away a good RB in a rush first offense would be a bad move.

At the beginning of the season I would have been all for this trade, but now seeing that we have the best back-field in the NFL... I want it to stay that way.

Taylor can definitely handle the load, but I think he makes even a better compliment to AP. I think this tandem is may favorite part of the team right now. I'd hate to see it go.
    If we could trade CT and a draft pick for Larry Fitzgerald, would you honestly be opposed?
    The fact is that RB's like Taylor are more easily replaceable than impact WR's.
    We could resign MeMo (who has led this team in rushing one season), and find a decent RB in the mid rounds of the draft for depth.
    A team like Arizona may want a RB to ease into Edge's role.
    I'm all for trading CT for a big time receiving threat.

As far as free acency, I like Johnson and Berrian the best out of anyone available.
    They are veterans but not too old yet.
    Both have speed and running abilities.
    I suck at finding stuff like this so I don't know how true it is, but one of the local sports radio guys was talking to a guest and he said that Fitz is expected to meet playing time and production incentive standards that will boost his 2008 salary to over $14 million.

With the exception of Edge has anyone seen anything to think that the Cardinals are willing to pay salaries like that?

He also said something along the lines that they really need to watch thier budget and they they need to extend the contracts of LBs Karlos Dansby and Calvin Pace.

He really believed that the Cards would get something done that would extend Fritz's contract thus eliminating the huge hit to allow the Cards to sign other players.

With that said, I wonder if he is even available for a trade or as a FA in 2009.

Again, no link, just some talk on the radio.
    :
    No i haven't either... but i can't imagine they'd let Fitz go... that would truly show that they're not committed to winning.. and would probably piss off wisenhut...

With that said, i think DJ Hackett would be the best available receiver in free agency... the stats he put up before his second injury were insane for someone that was out for soo long..

And OMG.. i forgot the Pats had the niners firs pick this year.. can you imagine if they got McFadden??? that would just be unfair..!!!
    [/quote]
    The local sports Yutz down here one ESPN 1310 (Tony Mecurio) has Dan Shonka from Ourlads on once a week.

Note:
    Picture of Tony the Yutz Mecurio

He was on last night talking about were McFadden would/could go to.
    He mentioned the very same thing as you.

Another thing he talked about was in reference to a callers question about TJ and should the Vikes go get another QB in the draft.
    Dan said they don't really need to if the fans can be patient.
    He, unfortunately said the Vikings fans aren't that patient.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

SiniSSter is offline Rookie

i didnt see the game today, but judging from that stats and what i heard its seems as if TJack had another good game. if he keeps maturing and playing the way he is ide be happy keeping him. call me an optimist but i still think rice and Williamson could make for a decent combo. i havent seen to much of williamson this year as i said earlier but when he did get the ball it seemed like he was doing much better than last year.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

You know, I didn't think Berrian had what it takes to be a true #1, but looking at his stats and some of the games he has put together, he may be exactly what we need. If we do pickup an FA WR, I would say he is the guy to go get.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234