Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?

    I would like to see us add Berrian and Bryant Johnson.
    Along with Rice that would give us a pretty good receiving core.

  2. #12
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?

    Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?



    Of course.
    As we should be looking at any player who makes us better.

  3. #13
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?



    Of course.
    As we should be looking at any player who makes us better.

    Absolutly, bring in free agents for many areas, sign another WR, and always look for pieces to make us better. Draft well, and supplement with freeagency.

  4. #14
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?

    André Davis(Houston Texans)
    El underdog.

  5. #15
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?

    "SiniSSter" wrote:
    in the games ive seen it doesn't seem like Williamson is getting the ball much, but when he does i havent seen any drops like last year. rice stays. maybe trade chester taylor for a good established receiver? idk if hes a free agent next year or not.
    [size=18pt]NO!![/size]

    CT & AD will be a powerhouse tandem for years, it would be dumb to trade away Taylor, what if AD gets hurt again (god forbid).
    Unless we resign Mewelde after this year we're losting him after this season, we need to keep a quality back up.
    Trading away a good RB in a rush first offense would be a bad move.



    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  6. #16
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?

    Be great to see Moss back in Vikings purple wouldn't it?
    With Chilly's past with TO I don't see it happening but the Moss issues happened under a previous coach and previous ownership right?
    TJack can definitely throw it far enough.
    The Vikes have the cap space... hmmm...
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  7. #17
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Be great to see Moss back in Vikings purple wouldn't it?
    With Chilly's past with TO I don't see it happening but the Moss issues happened under a previous coach and previous ownership right?
    TJack can definitely throw it far enough.
    The Vikes have the cap space... hmmm...
    You really think the Pats are willing to part with him? lol


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  8. #18
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Be great to see Moss back in Vikings purple wouldn't it?
    With Chilly's past with TO I don't see it happening but the Moss issues happened under a previous coach and previous ownership right?
    TJack can definitely throw it far enough.
    The Vikes have the cap space... hmmm...
    You really think the Pats are willing to part with him? lol
    They only signed him to a 1 year deal... Pats have a history of not over-paying for talent and letting guys go when they want big money... they are also stock full of WR talent.
    In a bidding war the Vikings would win him over the Pats.
    The wildcard is if the Pats run the table and win the Super Bowl, do any players want to leave just for money or would they rather play on what may be one of the best teams in NFL history next year?
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  9. #19
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955

    Re: Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?

    Even if the Pats don't sign Moss, he's never going to come here... EVER AGAIN!!!
    I don't think he'd want to come, and i dont think Chilly/ownership would want to deal with him again.. Plus, Moss needs a veteran presense to keep him in check, plus, he'd just get mad having a developing QB throw to him...

    WIth that said, I'm not really sold on Berriman or B. Johnson.. and i think it would take the Barn to pry away Fitz from Arizona.. he is their leading receiver..

    hackett would be good, but he's injury prone and Seattle would never let him come here (he was their go to guy when he was healthy for those 2-3 games he played).. plus, isn't he signed beyond this year..??



  10. #20
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533

    Re: Should the Team look for help at WR through FA 2008?

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "SiniSSter" wrote:
    in the games ive seen it doesn't seem like Williamson is getting the ball much, but when he does i havent seen any drops like last year. rice stays. maybe trade chester taylor for a good established receiver? idk if hes a free agent next year or not.
    [size=18pt]NO!![/size]

    CT & AD will be a powerhouse tandem for years, it would be dumb to trade away Taylor, what if AD gets hurt again (god forbid).
    Unless we resign Mewelde after this year we're losting him after this season, we need to keep a quality back up.
    Trading away a good RB in a rush first offense would be a bad move.

    At the beginning of the season I would have been all for this trade, but now seeing that we have the best back-field in the NFL... I want it to stay that way.

    Taylor can definitely handle the load, but I think he makes even a better compliment to AP. I think this tandem is may favorite part of the team right now. I'd hate to see it go.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. PFT 2008 All-Turd Team
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 11:47 PM
  2. Which team is the most "lame" going into 2008 ?
    By StillPurple in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 02:22 AM
  3. 2008 NFL Draft - Team Need Analysis
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 03:36 PM
  4. 2008 Team USA Basketball
    By Ltrey33 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 05:11 AM
  5. LA team by 2008 ?
    By AngloVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 01:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •