Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Should the Minnesota Vikings Steal Jennings from the Packers?

Should the Minnesota Vikings Steal Greg Jennings from Green Bay Packers?

Should the Minnesota Vikings Steal Greg... | Gather

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Can we refrain from posting any articles that even hint at bringing anymore PUKER players to this roster?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Yes, if healthy, Greg Jenning is a very good player.

He runs good routes, but he is no Randy Moss in his prime. Then again, who is?

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    But again, why would he want to come here? This is why it's important to have a guy that can play QB. You have a better shot at landing some of these receivers. If you're a good receiver would you want to come here and play with Ponder? Hell no.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    But again, why would he want to come here? This is why it's important to have a guy that can play QB. You have a better shot at landing some of these receivers. If you're a good receiver would you want to come here and play with Ponder? Hell no.
    Thats your opinion. How do you know that Vet WRs view Ponder in that light? I bet you Wes Welker likes how he makes the same throws to Percy that Brady throws to Wes or have you forgot were Percy was in the stat columns before he went down?

Truth of the matter is, if you look at Ponders stats compared to the rest of the league he is far from the worst QB and there several underneath him that had big name WR's come to their teams as FA's or resigned with their teams.

Just saying.

2012 NFL Player Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Dad and I have talked about this for 2 weeks now.. all starting with his comment before the pukers game.

"Jennings will be a viking next year, just because GB isn't going to resign him."

i had my doubts as to IF he would be worthwhile. honestly, i still kind of doubt it, though he is a very solid CATCHING receiver, knows routes, what to do when qb's panic, and would be a solid V for the wr corps.

what i'm nervous about, $, we need to sign PH! health, he's getting up there, we need some1 over the season not, 6-8 games only.

Dad was high on him, even said, Jennings could make that catch, on a few of the dropped balls we had.
    re-tooling the wr with better talent shouldn't be hard using FA/Draft, I think it comes down to selling Ponder/wr's on a game plan, and work it until there is no timing issues. and some1 to teach ponder how to processes his reads faster/better and wr's that can be there, and catch the ball or make a play on it.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    Dad and I have talked about this for 2 weeks now.. all starting with his comment before the pukers game.

"Jennings will be a viking next year, just because GB isn't going to resign him."

i had my doubts as to IF he would be worthwhile. honestly, i still kind of doubt it, though he is a very solid CATCHING receiver, knows routes, what to do when qb's panic, and would be a solid V for the wr corps.

what i'm nervous about, $, we need to sign PH! health, he's getting up there, we need some1 over the season not, 6-8 games only.

Dad was high on him, even said, Jennings could make that catch, on a few of the dropped balls we had.
    re-tooling the wr with better talent shouldn't be hard using FA/Draft, I think it comes down to selling Ponder/wr's on a game plan, and work it until there is no timing issues. and some1 to teach ponder how to processes his reads faster/better and wr's that can be there, and catch the ball or make a play on it.

DiGiTaL
    Our WRS "corpse" needs to be flushed. Keep Harvin, Wright Simpson. Add 2 other Wrs with Talent. Bowe and Jennings and draft one of the rookies in this draft. Let Harvin walk next season. Bowe Jennings and Woods, with Wright and Simpson is a damn good corp.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Thats your opinion. How do you know that Vet WRs view Ponder in that light? I bet you Wes Welker likes how he makes the same throws to Percy that Brady throws to Wes or have you forgot were Percy was in the stat columns before he went down?

Truth of the matter is, if you look at Ponders stats compared to the rest of the league he is far from the worst QB and there several underneath him that had big name WR's come to their teams as FA's or resigned with their teams.

Just saying.

2012 NFL Player Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN
    Ahhh come on my friend, take the purple shades off once in awhile. Receivers are diva's, they're not stupid. They know what QB's give them the best chance to look good and get paid. Harvin wasn't yelling at Frazier in the Seattle game for his health.

Now I'm curious, if you're a receiver, who would you rather have throwing you the ball, Rodgers or Ponder? You have the purple shades on so I'm sure you'll choose Ponder. Good luck getting that big contract with Ponder throwing you the ball.

Maybe Ponder isn't the worst QB in the league statistically, but he is visually. Most of his passes are safe and short so the stats are misleading. When you start getting into more specific stats like distance and down field, Ponder gets a lot worse the farther he has to throw. The deep pass to AP in the Packer game and the deep pass to Wright yesterday speak for themselves.

Good grief, people are starting to invent drinking games based on Ponders poor play and mechanics. Take a drink when Ponder throws off his back foot, or take a drink whenever the announcer says "Ponder checks down to ____". Hell you could have a drinking game when he checks down on 3rd n long alone.

Do you think our coaches call a conservative passing game because that's the offense we're trying to run or because they know Ponder can't make the throws? If it's the latter, then he doesn't belong in this league.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Not sure Jennings would be worth the coin he'd be looking for. In fact, I'm fairly certain I would be against the idea...only from the compensation point of view.

Caine

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Jennings will be wanting top dollar.

However, keep in mind Jennings will be turning 30 early on next season. That and he has 151 receiving yards on the season. He missed games last season as well.

However, we all know somebody will pay him big money, and it won't be us.

IF he was wanting to come here for a chance to stick it to the Packers, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

He's proven he can get open, and still has speed and moves to get open and get the YAC. He's got really good hands, and is long, despite not being that tall. I'd much rather get him than Mike Wallace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast