Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Should Hicks stay at left tackle

I think that he has played as good, or better then McKinnie since taking over the spot.
    I think we should look into trading McKinnie, and try to get at least a 2nd and next drafts 3rd.
    Then we could draft for more players then, or trade up for a QB.

Thoughts anyone?
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

Purple D is offline Starter

Re: Should Hicks stay at left tackle

"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    I think that he has played as good, or better then McKinnie since taking over the spot.
    I think we should look into trading McKinnie, and try to get at least a 2nd and next drafts 3rd.

Thoughts anyone?
    It's an Idea, but I would really like to see McKinnie comeback and see what he can do.
    If he isn't any better than what Hicks has done, then you put Hicks back in and trade Mckinnie.
    I have a feeling Mckinnie will come back and play well.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

B-Mac is a pro-bowl caliber player, how could you not start him after the suspension?
    Retired 12/21/08

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

I'd like to have some depth at line for a change so no I wouldnt be fond of the trade even thought I think BM is not as good as some people think he is.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Thoughts anyone?
    I'm starting to agree with that assessment..
    although, i doubt anyone would want him... i'm just not seeing how you can replace Hicks at left tackle at this point.. no wonder the team didn't draft a tackle in the draft... I would consider moving McKinnie to right tackle.. however, cook isn't playing all that bad either!

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    B-Mac is a pro-bowl caliber player, how could you not start him after the suspension?
    I don't believe he is.
    I think he is too over-hyped.
    Hicks has done a good job with Freeny, Peppers, and KGB (or Kampman I can't remember off-hand).
    If he keeps Vanderbausch off of Gus' butt how can the Vikings coach, in good conscience, say: Hey you've stopped some of the best in the league, but were benching you now.

Edited: got to work on my typos
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    I don't believe he is.
    I think he too over-hyped.
    Hicks has done a good job with Freeny, Peppers, and KGB (or Kampman I can't remember off-hand).
    I he keeps Vanderbausch off of Gus' butt how can the Vikings coach, in good conscience say: Hey you've stopped some of the best in the league, but were benching you now.
    completly whole heartedly agree!!!

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    I don't believe he is.
    If he keeps Vanderbausch off of Gus' butt how can the Vikings coach, in good conscience, say: Hey you've stopped some of the best in the league, but were benching you now.

That is a good point, but you can't argue with success. Look at last year. He blocked well for AP, and AP had an MVP year. I think Adrian would be more comfortable running with B-Mac back on the line. He is also argueably the best pass blocker on the team. That being said, I think he would have done the same job as Hicks, not to mention that McKinnie brings more confidence to AP I'm sure.
    Retired 12/21/08

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    I don't believe he is.

That is a good point, but you can't argue with success. Look at last year. He blocked well for AP, and AP had an MVP year. I think Adrian would be more comfortable running with B-Mac back on the line. He is also argueably the best pass blocker on the team. That being said, I think he would have done the same job as Hicks, not to mention that McKinnie brings more confidence to AP I'm sure.
    Fair statement about AP running good behind Mckinnie, but can you say he has rushed any worse behind Hicks?
    Plus, I think Hicks has a better mean streak, which is something I like from a lineman.

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    I don't believe he is.

Fair statement about AP running good behind Mckinnie, but can you say he has rushed any worse behind Hicks?
    Plus, I think Hicks has a better mean streak, which is something I like from a lineman.
    Behind McKinnie, I believe that AP would have had 200+ against the Colts with ease. There is no doubt that he is running great, but look at last year. Hard to compare anything against two 225+ yard games
    Retired 12/21/08

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast