Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,843

    Re: Should Griffin start ahead of Smoot next week?

    True dat, if Captain Smoot knows that he has some Comp for his position, he may step it up. He hasn't been that bad in his past few games, but he is clearly not the same guy we grabbed from the Skin's.

  2. #12
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Should Griffin start ahead of Smoot next week?

    I am beginning to wonder if some people are watching the same game as Everyone else did. Griffith did ok, nothing great. but until anyone sees game film on a regular basis you can't judge how a player does but what you see on TV, especially when the main focus is not on them. Smoot has done fine this year, and there are not many teams that have 2 Stud CB's. How many Yards did Farve have WITHOUT Smoot in the Lineup? a coincidence or is actually having Smoot on the feild that much of a difference

  3. #13
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Should Griffin start ahead of Smoot next week?

    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    I am beginning to wonder if some people are watching the same game as Everyone else did. Griffith did ok, nothing great. but until anyone sees game film on a regular basis you can't judge how a player does but what you see on TV, especially when the main focus is not on them. Smoot has done fine this year, and there are not many teams that have 2 Stud CB's. How many Yards did Farve have WITHOUT Smoot in the Lineup? a coincidence or is actually having Smoot on the feild that much of a difference
    Wait a second so until people see game film on a regular basis you can't judge how a player does but what you see on TV, but Smoot has done fine this year?

    Can you mail me a copy of the game film? ;D

  4. #14
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Should Griffin start ahead of Smoot next week?

    I wish I had some game film.
    ;D
    There is just alot of things that happen, that really do not come out until you watch film.
    But even Deion Sanders was burnt a few time in his career

  5. #15
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Should Griffin start ahead of Smoot next week?

    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    I wish I had some game film.
    ;D
    There is just alot of things that happen, that really do not come out until you watch film.
    But even Deion Sanders was burnt a few time in his career
    I have it and watched it again.
    I watch all games twice...most all.

    I do not think we should chuck Smoot out of the starting line-up just yet,

    However, if he struggles I say we put Ced in there.
    I was impressed yesterday and think he may have a shot at being a starter.

  6. #16
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Should Griffin start ahead of Smoot next week?

    I liked what I saw of Cedric yesterday.
    He seemed to be a hard hitting mo-fo.
    He kept his guy in front of him and tried to make a break on a few footballs.

    I just don't see them taking Smoot's starting job from him since he was out on personal reasons with the funeral.
    It is like the injury rule.
    I could see them splitting time the next game between Smoot and Cedric.

    This might be the time and place to mention it, but I really like the guys we drafted. I really think the 3 in bold have a chance to play a long time in Purple with the other 3 still unproven, Chad Greenway (#17), Cedric Griffin (#48), Ryan Cook (#51), Tarvaris Jackson (#64), Ray Edwards (#127), and Greg Blue (#149).

  7. #17
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,818

    Re: Should Griffin start ahead of Smoot next week?

    "Del" wrote:
    It wasn't Griffin who got beat on the Driver TD before the half it was the saftey and the LB. It was a zone.

    The defense is open to attack from the air. It is either a design flaw or it is requiring people to do things they do not have the ability to do.

    I don't think it will matter who you have in there.
    Just because the dude is the last one chasing him down into the endzone he gets pegged by Baldy with a blown coverage.


    Cedric had a good game and is a good physical corner which plays better in Tomlin's world, but I agree with keeping Smoot in as the starter for now and keep Cedric as the nickel.

    I agree on the nice production from some of our defenseive picks Snow, would have been nice to have Greenway about now as well.
    Hopefully we'll get to see a little TJ this year yet as well (give me something to look forward to at least).

  8. #18
    darkflood is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    198

    Re: Should Griffin start ahead of Smoot next week?

    I liked the fact that Griffin TACKLES instead of that that little play way off, roll, fall down thing that Smoot does. I think we should pretty much do a nickel or dime on every down, since the Wiliams' seem to have things taken care of on a run play.
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

  9. #19
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Should Griffin start ahead of Smoot next week?

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    It wasn't Griffin who got beat on the Driver TD before the half it was the saftey and the LB. It was a zone.

    The defense is open to attack from the air. It is either a design flaw or it is requiring people to do things they do not have the ability to do.

    I don't think it will matter who you have in there.
    Just because the dude is the last one chasing him down into the endzone he gets pegged by Baldy with a blown coverage.


    Cedric had a good game and is a good physical corner which plays better in Tomlin's world, but I agree with keeping Smoot in as the starter for now and keep Cedric as the nickel.

    I agree on the nice production from some of our defenseive picks Snow, would have been nice to have Greenway about now as well.
    Hopefully we'll get to see a little TJ this year yet as well (give me something to look forward to at least).
    Driver killed us in that zone yesterday. The TD before half was definately on one of the two safeties and the two long balls he caught in the middle of the field in the first half were also because of the zone. I think Thomas played terribly yesterday, and from what I saw both of those catches in the middle of the field were because he wasn't getting deep enough quickly enough.

  10. #20
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Should Griffin start ahead of Smoot next week?

    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    I am beginning to wonder if some people are watching the same game as Everyone else did. Griffith did ok, nothing great. but until anyone sees game film on a regular basis you can't judge how a player does but what you see on TV, especially when the main focus is not on them. Smoot has done fine this year, and there are not many teams that have 2 Stud CB's. How many Yards did Farve have WITHOUT Smoot in the Lineup? a coincidence or is actually having Smoot on the feild that much of a difference
    Griffith hasn't played for us for a while. He followed Denny Green to Arizona.
    ;D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Start Reflection, Looking Ahead
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 11:38 PM
  2. Merged: CB Griffin fills role (of criminal) left by Smoot
    By Ltrey33 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 12:08 PM
  3. griffin and smoot both out
    By pokeyisme in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 12:07 AM
  4. Vikes bench CB Smoot; Griffin to play vs. Cardinals
    By PurpleMafia in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 04:04 PM
  5. Bears to start rookie S Manning ahead of Harris
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 12:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •