Smith-trade

Moe-short yardage situations and 3rd down back

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Should Bennett start?

MM- Starter

Bennett-trade

Smith-trade

Moe-short yardage situations and 3rd down back

Barber, Clarett, or J.J. should be picked up in draft.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

dude we wont get shit for MB or O.. there is edge and shaun alexander on the block and all they want is a 2nd round.. Bennett would bring a 4th maybe and O a 5th i think because of his pot issues

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Mike Bennett is our best back, with Moe a close second. The only problem with bennett is injuries. He didn't produce much last year when he was healthy but we didn't run much last year at all, Moss was hurt, and our offensive line was missing it's starting RT and Jimmy K (mega important to our running game).

Onterrio doesn't really fit into our new image. I mean we got rid of Moss for his antics and remember SOD was the 3rd round hold in training camp his rookie season. Now he gets with Pot and could eb goen for the year.

Bennett is one of the hardest working players on our team. His first injury happened while he was working out. He also a very team-first guy, and one heck of a role model. He also can take it the distance. yeah, your going to have to put up with a lot of 1 yard gains, 2 yard gains, and 3 yard gains. However, during his Pro-Bowl season he averaged 5 ypc. And keep in mind that was the way Barry Sanders was too and many other really good running backs.

All this talk about MM is really pretty funny and a good example of fan homering. He had 3 good games against bad defenses. Couldn't do anything against a good defense and hasn't stayed healthy for a full season yet either.

I think Bennett fits our new look. We stick with running the ball for 20-25 carries for our feature guy a game and Bennet can gain a lot of yards with 20 carries. Also, he is our most dangerous receiving threat. You all saw the game against the Packers. We are going to use our runningbacks as receivers more often this year too, I'd guess. Plus, he is a huge healp in the locker room, and a great role model for the young players and fans.

I don't think there is any question that Bennett should be our feature back. Besides Moe he is the only one to put together a full season or to rush for more than 600 yards in a full season. I want us to trade him if the Price is right just because we have so many good backs and Bennett is probably worth the most in a trade. However, if he is on our team at the start of the season and he is healthy, I'll bet he's the starter.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    Mike Bennett is our best back, with Moe a close second. The only problem with bennett is injuries. He didn't produce much last year when he was healthy but we didn't run much last year at all, Moss was hurt, and our offensive line was missing it's starting RT and Jimmy K (mega important to our running game).

Onterrio doesn't really fit into our new image. I mean we got rid of Moss for his antics and remember SOD was the 3rd round hold in training camp his rookie season. Now he gets with Pot and could eb goen for the year.

Bennett is one of the hardest working players on our team. His first injury happened while he was working out. He also a very team-first guy, and one heck of a role model. He also can take it the distance. yeah, your going to have to put up with a lot of 1 yard gains, 2 yard gains, and 3 yard gains. However, during his Pro-Bowl season he averaged 5 ypc. And keep in mind that was the way Barry Sanders was too and many other really good running backs.

All this talk about MM is really pretty funny and a good example of fan homering. He had 3 good games against bad defenses. Couldn't do anything against a good defense and hasn't stayed healthy for a full season yet either.

I think Bennett fits our new look. We stick with running the ball for 20-25 carries for our feature guy a game and Bennet can gain a lot of yards with 20 carries. Also, he is our most dangerous receiving threat. You all saw the game against the Packers. We are going to use our runningbacks as receivers more often this year too, I'd guess. Plus, he is a huge healp in the locker room, and a great role model for the young players and fans.

I don't think there is any question that Bennett should be our feature back. Besides Moe he is the only one to put together a full season or to rush for more than 600 yards in a full season. I want us to trade him if the Price is right just because we have so many good backs and Bennett is probably worth the most in a trade. However, if he is on our team at the start of the season and he is healthy, I'll bet he's the starter.
    Good post, VikemanX84!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett will start and i think most of you already know it if u like it or not and i dont care cuz i have faith in the guy

6-KINGS Guest

Wow what a problem to have!
    4 good backs.All can start depending on what you want to do with the position.
    Tice just needs to commit to a plan of what he wants and stick with it.
    Running by committee can work but it can be very risky.
    We need that consistant and reliable running game.
    Sure will help ease that loss of Moss.

Articnv is offline Coach

Some how i dont nwo why but whe i posted here it never shoudl up lol.

Any way my take

Who shoudlnt Start and why

Bennet - The only thing he has is spead. He has problems read the right hole. I havnt seen him make tacklers miss or break alot of tackles. His running is aloss streak. Loss loss bigain loss loss ext. Will be FA next season.

OSmith - Although i love his ability but woudll u start the guy thats one toke away from a year suspion. He would be a good backup and to spell people. If rember corectly hes a FA next season as well.

Moe - hes long in the tooth hsi specaility is short yard plays and goal line sitations. Keeps him helth and fresh,

This leads to who should start and why:

MM - From what i seen he has the best hands out of the RBS. He won rookie of the week honors. He can make people miss him and break tackles. This will give him the expercience we need when Smith and Bennett go FA. The only problem is he lacks blocking. but blockign can be coached.

If none of them woudl start it woudl be a RB we draft this year. As bennet smith are FAs and Moe is getting long in the tooth and we will need soem to spell and groom as shortyard specailist.

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

What I find truly amazing is how quickly so many of you want to dump Bennett, yet when compared to his predecessor, Robert Smith, and their first 4 years looked at, Bennett is on pace to surpass Smith' records. And for those that say Bennett is one dimensional and can't catch, I say look at the numbers! They speak for themeselves! Bennett is obviously the best RB on the team now and should be given every oppurtunity to prove himself. I think the team stands a better shot of succeeding with Bennett toting the ball. If he fails to remain healthy or doesn't produce, than losing him next year as an UFA shouldn't matter.

[size=9px]Robert Smith
    | Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
    | 1993 | 10 | 82 399 4.9 2 | 24 111 4.6 0 |
    | 1994 | 14 | 31 106 3.4 1 | 15 105 7.0 0 |
    | 1995 | 9 | 139 632 4.5 5 | 7 35 5.0 0 |
    | 1996 | 8 | 162 692 4.3 3 | 7 39 5.6 0 |
    | TOTAL | 41 | 414 1829 4.4 11 | 53 290 5.5 0 |

Michael Bennett
    | 2001 | 13 | 172 682 4.0 2 | 29 226 7.8 1 |
    | 2002 | 16 | 255 1296 5.1 5 | 37 351 9.5 1 |
    | 2003 | 8 | 90 447 5.0 1 | 12 132 11.0 0 |
    | 2004 | 11 | 70 276 3.9 1 | 21 207 9.9 1 |(Note, we all know he didn't play in 11 games last year!)
    | TOTAL | 48 | 587 2701 4.6 9 | 99 916 9.3 3 |[/size]

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"BigMoInKS" wrote:
    What I find truly amazing is how quickly so many of you want to dump Bennett, yet when compared to his predecessor, Robert Smith, and their first 4 years looked at, Bennett is on pace to surpass Smith' records. And for those that say Bennett is one dimensional and can't catch, I say look at the numbers! They speak for themeselves! Bennett is obviously the best RB on the team now and should be given every oppurtunity to prove himself. I think the team stands a better shot of succeeding with Bennett toting the ball. If he fails to remain healthy or doesn't produce, than losing him next year as an UFA shouldn't matter.

[size=9px]Robert Smith
    | 1993 | 10 | 82 399 4.9 2 | 24 111 4.6 0 |
    | 1994 | 14 | 31 106 3.4 1 | 15 105 7.0 0 |
    | 1995 | 9 | 139 632 4.5 5 | 7 35 5.0 0 |
    | 1996 | 8 | 162 692 4.3 3 | 7 39 5.6 0 |
    | TOTAL | 41 | 414 1829 4.4 11 | 53 290 5.5 0 |

Michael Bennett
    | 2001 | 13 | 172 682 4.0 2 | 29 226 7.8 1 |
    | 2002 | 16 | 255 1296 5.1 5 | 37 351 9.5 1 |
    | 2003 | 8 | 90 447 5.0 1 | 12 132 11.0 0 |
    | 2004 | 11 | 70 276 3.9 1 | 21 207 9.9 1 |(Note, we all know he didn't play in 11 games last year!)
    | TOTAL | 48 | 587 2701 4.6 9 | 99 916 9.3 3 |[/size]
    BigMoInKS ... great stats. None matter cause MB can't stay on the field. These "Sprinter" backs like these 2 are great but just cant handle the banging of a full 16 game regular season schedule. Then eventually they flame out, Bennett is done. I was hoping he would make it back full time last year, but now i'm done with him and The Vikes need to trade him before he has no value at all.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345