Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mark is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Should Bennett start?

Bennett is our best back and IF he stays healthy which he will then he will have about 1350-1450 and 6 touches gaurenteed
    <!--
    sig -->

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

MM cant block worth shit.. the only thing that keeps bennett from starting is his injurys... we didnt give up on Robert Smith why give up on MB? I think he will stay healthy..the last 2 years were kinda getting tougher i guess.. hell if everyone thinks ppl should get traded because they get injured then the Lions should trade Charlie Rogers then eh? I

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I still think Bennett is our most talented back, but his prones to injury always leaves us wondering.

I also sure the coaches wonder alot more and worry alot more than we do......

If we could end up on the plus side of a trade, I say go for it..

But at the same time, I almost feel like saying, lets give him one more shot this year, we still have MW,OS,MM to back him up......

Lets not forget, our O-line needs to stay healty, before we can really judge all our backs....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Skyliner is offline Rookie

Moe Williams is our best back. yeah hes 31 this season but strap an oxygen tank to this back and he's good as new. he's still got to have some gas left in the tank, right? You can put all those other lame and stoned backs in trailer and ship them some where else.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Onterrio Smith is our best back!
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

We might need all 3. And Flying Saucer!
    Didnt MM need to start? S.O.D. is starting to mean Stoned Off Dope, so who knows if he is clean and might get popped again. Michael can gain some yards.
    He was hitting 9yds a pop vs. GB in the Playoff game.
    But Bennett has yet to prove that he can be the every down back but in the back of your mind there is that Robert Smith factor. Onterrio has yet to prove his claim, and MM has alot to prove.
    All 3 of them should carry a chip on their shoulder.

I say whoever comes out blazing in training camp/preseason.
    It will play itself out.

MNVikingGangsta Guest

I say get rid of bennet, he doesn't get any hard yards. The only season he was productive he would do nothing the whole game and then break a big run, thats not what we need. I love onterrio but you know he's blazen up right now so who knows how long before he gets suspended. which leaves us with MM, this guy is a good back, run and catch and seems to be a good guy also. I say trade MB and draft another RB in the 4th round. with our line any back can come in and gain yardage.

mark is offline Asst. Coach

Im just really excited to see the new team weather we start bennett or smith if we get one in the draft or get williams,edwards or williamson or clayton its going to be fun to see what happens. it seems like a win-win to me
    <!--
    sig -->

VIKE$4LIFE is offline Training Camp

It is hard to tell whether Bennet or Onterrio is the better back because they are preety different. I'd give the edge to Onterrio but until he gets over the chronic he's not reliable. Although Bennet is also not very reliable with his injuries, but i say let Bennet start, if he gets injured put Onterrio in while working Mewelde into some situations (passing downs, like 3rd and long) and obviously using Moe for the 3rd down and short and goaline. But I say if we have problems again with Bennet trade him next season and if Onterrio can't control his problem then trade him also and let More try unless better running backs come up in the draft in 06.

vikes&hawks4life is offline Training Camp

It's simple guys.

Bennett starts (give him one more chance to stay healthy; when he is healthy, he is our best back. Keep in mind the name Robert Smith)

Smith - backs up and can step in to take over the #1 spot if needed.

Moe - goal line and third down

Moore - third down and receiving back

I would like to see our OC find ways to get MM and bennett involved in the passing game. Last year we didnt use MM hands or Bennett's speed very well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast