Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PackerPride is offline Training Camp

Short and Sweet!

I was just curious as to what single play sticks out in Vikings heads. Good or bad, against any team, any game. A short and sweet post to have something to further my knowledge of the NFL and its history.

HerdDaVikes is offline Rookie

Re: Short and Sweet!

Two plays that seem to come up fairly often concerning the vikes are michael vicks run in OT and the hook and ladder play with moss.

yeah that moss pitch to williams was great , will try and link

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Good: Either one of the TDs that they threw to Moss on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys is his rookie year; The TD toss to Carter for his 1,000th reception;; or the lateral from Moss to Moe a few years back.

Bad: Wide-left in NFC Champ; Drew Pearson pushing off; the play against the Pack on Monday night in 2000 where Freeman pulled the ball out of his ass.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Good: Moss scoring 3 td's on the PACKERS on monday night in his rookie year and the Vikes beating the PACK in the playoffs last year.

BAD: There is no bad memories in my head

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Good: Moss to Moe lateral play, Moss 3 TD's on thanksgiving, Moe's run against the pack in the playoffs.

Bad: both 34-31 FG's last year, NFC championship game both FG's the morten and gary anderson ones, The cardinals last second play...

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

Good: Moss mooning the packers in the playoffs.

Bad: Roommates won't let me forget about the Arizona Cardinal game where the guy had one foot in, called touch down thanks to a push by a viking cb. Packers in playoffs, vikings out.
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

There are four plays that I've seen that stick in my head. Two of them related to the Vikings, and have already been mentioned: the Moss lateral to Moe, and the Freeman catch on Monday Night. The other two both have to do with Jacksonville (I think), but that's purely coincidental.

During the Bears 13-3 season a few years back, they were playing Jacksonville, at home. Keith Traylor (Pat-Williamsesque-DT) intercepted a pass with no one bewtween him and the goal line. The only problem was that he was 300+ lbs, and the goal line was about 70 yards away. About halfway through the run, he starts looking for anyone else on the team he can give the ball to, but all the other bears just formed a shield around him, and made him keep running. Finally, on about the 10, he had slowed down so much, that his blocker couldn't help but run past him, and a Jacksonville player dragged him down. He went to the sideline to get oxygen, and wasn't seen again for the rest of the game. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

The last one was when the Saints were playing at home, and I think they were facing Jacksonville. They were down 7, with enough time for one play, and were recieving a kick-off. They lateraled it about 10 times, frequently stoping to throw it overhand across to the other side of the field. They managed to make their way down the field to score the TD. Then the kicker came in, and missed the extra point, and they lost by 1 point.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Tony Dorsett's 99yrd TD run against the Vikes on Monday night .... damn, they replay that thing all the time.

Hershell Walker's first rush as a Viking when he ran out of his shoe.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The play where in the last 2 minutes we put together a drive that wins us the Super Bowl!

Oh wait...that hasn't happened yet. (stupid me) :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast