Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Short and goal...

Did you see Tice go ballistic on Loney in the short and goal? I loved that. He apparently didn't like the call. Tice was taking the bull by the horns.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Short and goal...

yah i remeber that. wasn't that the drive Fason got in on his 2nd attempt? that's a couple times this season where he has got pissed about a call and starts screaming at the coaches. i for am glad, this shows that he hasn't given up his job yet and is fighting for it. i hope we still have Tice next season and i know i'm in the minority on this but i still hope we have him as our coaches for seasons to come

Thanks Josdin

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

I've noticed that Tice has reinvented himself once again. He is now a very animated guy, both raging mad and light in the loafers elated.

Much better then the glasses on the end of his nose and calm demeanor no matter how bad they are messing up.

He might not have the greatest IQ, but I give the guy credit for trying.

Also, Loney strikes me as the guy who gets yelled at a lot, I don't think it has much effect on him, but it probably does have an effect on the rest of the team and Tice. So yea, absolutely yell at the dumbass.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    yah i remeber that. wasn't that the drive Fason got in on his 2nd attempt? that's a couple times this season where he has got pissed about a call and starts screaming at the coaches. i for am glad, this shows that he hasn't given up his job yet and is fighting for it. i hope we still have Tice next season and i know i'm in the minority on this but i still hope we have him as our coaches for seasons to come

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

You are going to start a wave of pity for The Meathead, get him hired on for years to come, and seal our fate as the Mediocre Vikings for the rest of my life. :cry:

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

You are going to start a wave of pity for The Meathead, get him hired on for years to come, and seal our fate as the Mediocre Vikings for the rest of my life. :cry:
    if we get him coordinators that aren't the lowest paid in the NFL, Tice would be fine as a HC. i said it though i'm in the minority about Tice and it isn't just because he started winning this season that i want him, i've liked from the very beginning.

Thanks Josdin

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

I've had this nightmare a few times this year. Tice gets the vikings back to mediocrity, maybe gets us in the playoffs and is rewarded with a long term contract and the cylce starts all over again. I'm with you Snow, just say no, let the guy find a nice head coaching job in college (maybe his beloved Maryland) and bring in a heavyweight to take this thing up a few notches.

Prophet Guest

lmao, I have the same nightmare. The team needs leadership, badly. Tice is challenged to say the least. Sure, he has banked a lot of years in the NFL. but, just like anything else in life, people peak. He peaked at o-line coach based on his potential. He can never and will never be an elite NFL coach, then again, not many can be. Demand excellence, get the best HC money can buy, then keep whittling away at the other problems.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

if we get him coordinators that aren't the lowest paid in the NFL, Tice would be fine as a HC. i said it though i'm in the minority about Tice and it isn't just because he started winning this season that i want him, i've liked from the very beginning.

As I say to my puppy, " No way Jose'" as he attempts to go to the bathroom where he is not supposed to. Even just last night, Ticey made some bad calls with timeouts, play personel, and lets face it the passing game didn't light it up. It was a VERY nice win, but I want more and I think this ownership wants more out of this team. Tice could be the strength coach or something for us .... but not OC or HC anytime soon when this year comes to an end. In fact, I think he really, deep in his heart, knows it's over no matter what happens on the field this year.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

You guys do know that if old Ticey makes the playoffs with what he has right now (crappy coordinators, no Pep) then he will get a contract extension. I could probably live with tice if we had some real coordinators but I would rather see the guy gone. I like him as a person but not a coach. He can either be a great coach or a horrible one... I would rather have a full time great coach.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Let Tice make the calls at critical times.

Also, if we are going to beat tougher teams...we need to convert points off of turnovers! A MUST!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast