Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Shock and awe....

This is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me.

The Back Story:

My Father remarried some years back. His new wife (I was in my early 30's already so she's not REALLY my step-mom) has two daughters. Today, one of them got remarried to a really nice guy whose parents I had met at a family 4th of July gathering several years ago.

(Aside: Yeah, yeah, most of my family winds up remarrying..shut up and quit interrupting)

Now, keep in mind a couple of other things;
    1: I live in southern Wisconsin...surrounded by Bear and Packer fans.
    2: I met his parents ONCE...very briefly...2 1/2 years ago.

(Aside: Yes, there IS a point to all of this. If you'd quit bugging me maybe I could get to it.)

Anyway, the Groom's father walks up to me and says, "Hey, a Rep gave me 4 tickets to the Vikings-Browns game, but I'm not a Viking fan. Do YOU want them?"

Do I want them? Do I want them? HOLY SCHNIKIES!!!!!!!

I almost fell over (And I hadn't even begun drinking). I was floored...flabbergasted...amazed....shocked...and I graciously accepted the offer with profuse offerings of thanks. In fact, he offered them to me @ 6 hours ago, and I'm STILL in shock.

So, it looks like I will be in the Cities on November 27th. Sure, it's @ 4 1/2 hours one way from where I live...but I consider it well worth it.

So, aside from bragging, what's my point you may ask? My point is this, "Always sport your colors. You never know who you'll make an impression on, and what good may come of it."

Caine

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Shock and awe....

nice work caine, should be a fun game to go to, i dont think we have played the browns in a long time

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Sounds familiar Caine ... here in Tampa and the woman works for a large law firm. They have so many connections that my woman gets Vikes tix thrown at her all the time. Wish I had more time to go back to Gods country for all the games, I swear I could get a full seasons worth of games, home and away for free ... Is very true, ALWAYS SPORT THE PURPLE AND GOLD !!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

During this past year, things have been slow at work (I'm in the auto manufacturing industry...no one buys, we don't build, etc). So, the financial likelyhood of me convincing the Wife that a trip to "Mecca" for a Vikes game was almost ziltch (She's a Packer fan).

Add to that the fact that I have NEVER been to a Vikings home game....ever.

This couldn't have been more opportune.

As we get closer to game time, I'll probably post and see if anyone else will be within hailing distance there. I may be dragging a couple of Packer fans (relatives) along...although I'll force them to wear Viking garb as their price of admission.

Caine

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Pretty sweet caine!! I constantly sport the vikes colors here in sconny! That's just what's gotta be done!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

MAN UR LUCKY CAINE! 4 tickets is alot.. I wanna go to a game pretty bad.. always be a vikes fan and good things will come your way..

This has nothing to do with ticket or anything but about repping your colors.. I went to Fargo and my bro was decked out with a vikes jersey and hat.. I didn't have any vikes merch on but I still helped.. We saw a few Pack fans and told them Packers suck and go Vikes.. First time i've done that and I got say it felt great..

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Caine:

I live pretty close to downtown. PM me, and I'll give you my cell# and you and I and the wives and your friends can meet up for a beer or something before the game.

Shock
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla