Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shit can JA!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    What good is a pass rush if all of the receivers are allowed space downfield? What is the difference between getting burned for a 12 yard pass and letting a 12 yard pass be caught in front of you. Either way, if the tackle is made, it is a 12 yard pass. This scheme is for the goats.

As far as Jared Allen goes, he does take himself out of too many plays. He has trouble against big tall offensive tackles as well. He allows tackles to be much too comfortable blocking him. He needs to change up his moves. Wide rushes do not get it done.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I have been pretty consistent in saying if we could trade him for a first and a second that we should do it. Griffin is a beast and we could use the picks to get a Wr and a CB.

But the problem is not the DL but the secondary and WRs.
    I will go with you 100% on the WR's, but I'm not buying into the DB's quite yet. Lets let them grow a bit before we actually say they aren't going to cut it in this league.

As to the DL as a whole, please explain to me how two young QB's, with very few weapons to throw to put up record numbers in passing.

A close look at the Colts the week before that the C2 defense picked him apart and made him look like, well, a rookie.

Jags this week only put up something like 120 yards. Gabbert (who looked like a pro last week) was hurrying throws, missing wide open receivers (that means a DB wasn't even on them).

Again, we can keep on chanting, draft DB's high (which we done alot lately) or we can realize our DL, even though a couple have big recognizable names just flat out aren't getting it done.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We aren't talking about a trade here. Marrdro is saying shit can him, as in cut him, because he's worthless.

You're not saying trade him because he's worthless. You're saying trade him for some high draft picks because we won't be seeing the playoffs anytime soon & by the time we do, he'll be to old to do us much good.

There's a big difference between the two.
    LOL, you really are cracking me up my friend. I chant trade trade trade and say shit can once and you get the shit can and miss the many many trades.

WOW.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Oh yeah, in that case cut his ass. We don't need pressure from the DE anyways, just get a 0 tech DT and then we do't have to worry about the rest of the defense.
    Nope, never once said that was our only problem on Defense. I do, however, believe in the old cliche', ...."Build from the Line First".

Watch a few games from this weekend. Peyton was under pressure. Luck, not so much. Stafford didn't have a clean pocket to step up into and slide in, Luck, I could park 3 cars in a few of those pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    Jared Allen is not even close to our problem. Marrdro was hacking on him all last year as well and he put up 22 sacks with absolutely horrendous coverage on the back end. Hes had a problem with him since we traded for him, and when Marrdro hates someone nothing said person does will change his opinion. Yet other players will get infinite patience.
    We don't play coverage on the backend, we play zone and he got those 22 sacks with worse DB's last year than we have now.

By the way, did you see when/were he got those 22 sacks last year. They came in large groups against a couple of teams. Last year we watched him get beat by a single T alot and was shut out of games when he shouldn't have.

This year, well, he's only played 2 games, but teams have come our right away singling him up allowing the extra blocker to work other players and its worked.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    It seems that other teams disguise what they are doing on D way better than us. Other QBs come up to the line and can see what we're doing. Easy to beat us. We need more creativity. Same could be said for our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    It seems that other teams disguise what they are doing on D way better than us. Other QBs come up to the line and can see what we're doing. Easy to beat us. We need more creativity. Same could be said for our offense.
    Excellent point my friend.

The mugging at the line by the LB'rs hasn't been as bad this year, but its still there. Only thing thats really changed in that regard is we see Smith down there early vice the LB'r.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    How many fans here are with Marrdro (so far, party of 1) & believe the Vikings should shit can Jared Allen?
    I'm not taking sides here...but, is this really a productive platform for a thread?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    We should be more constructive, I agree. The bickering while funny at times does seem to lend a stubborness to ceretain people.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 09-18-2012 at 08:03 AM.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    I think we should trade JA if we get the right price. He is a high energy guy and that is how he gets his sacks. He is not going ot be elite LT and that is the problem. If we get a first round and third or a high second and third I would trade him.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast