Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shit can JA!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Shit can JA!

How many fans here are with Marrdro (so far, party of 1) & believe the Vikings should shit can Jared Allen?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Shit can JA!

I have been pretty consistent in saying if we could trade him for a first and a second that we should do it. Griffin is a beast and we could use the picks to get a Wr and a CB.

But the problem is not the DL but the secondary and WRs.
    Last edited by Purple Floyd; 09-17-2012 at 06:21 PM.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    No way. He is clearly not our problem.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

kingpin9995 is online now Starter
    If this team is truly about rebuilding with youth then of course you trade Allen. By the time this team is ready to contend again which is probably around the time the new stadium opens Allen will be at the brink of retirement. What good does he do a team that is not going to see .500 for at least three years? You get what you can for him. I believe we are wasting a supreme talent in Griffin who could hop in Allens spot tomorrow and probably no see much of a drop off at all. It's a catch 22. Frasier knows he's on a short leash so he's going to keep guys to help him win some games to that end. He did it last year when he could have been playing alot of younger guys and he's going to do it again until his head rolls. I'd trade Allen in a heartbeat if we can get a high draft pick for him.

I wan't to see Jared retire a Viking. I believe the young guys look up to him. He's also one funny mofo so the team would be boring as hell with out him.

He is no where near the issue of this team. The secondary and non-agressive "bend but don't break" defense BS has to do with alot of it IMO. They are always trying to fend off the "big" play but hand them the 5-20 yard passes. What good does that do? They take the ball down and score anyway while buring time off the clock in the mean time.

kingpin9995 is online now Starter
    That is the NFL today. Bend but don't break is what most all the teams do in the NFL today. With the rule changes favoring offenses it is nearly impossible to cover today. It's no secret it's a passing league and teams are taking advantage. All the teams today let the play develop in front of them and give up short passes. I't's all they can do.

Because teams are pass happy does not mean a defense has to be conservative. Nice schemed stunt or blitz packages can really mess a teams passing game.

To me it seems on every pass play there is always someone on the field that seems wide open. Be it blown coverage or because of our scheme.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Jared Allen is not even close to our problem. Marrdro was hacking on him all last year as well and he put up 22 sacks with absolutely horrendous coverage on the back end. Hes had a problem with him since we traded for him, and when Marrdro hates someone nothing said person does will change his opinion. Yet other players will get infinite patience.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I have been pretty consistent in saying if we could trade him for a first ANC x second that we should do it. Griffin is a beast and we could use the picks to get a Wr and a CB.

But the problem is not the DL but the secondary and WRs.
    We aren't talking about a trade here. Marrdro is saying shit can him, as in cut him, because he's worthless.

You're not saying trade him because he's worthless. You're saying trade him for some high draft picks because we won't be seeing the playoffs anytime soon & by the time we do, he'll be to old to do us much good.

There's a big difference between the two.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-17-2012 at 05:59 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We aren't talking about a trade here. Marrdro is saying shit can him, as in cut him, because he's worthless.

You're not saying trade him because he's worthless. You're saying trade him for some high draft picks because we won't be seeing the playoffs anytime soon & by the time we do, he'll be to old to do us much good.

There's a big difference between the two.
    Oh yeah, in that case cut his ass. We don't need pressure from the DE anyways, just get a 0 tech DT and then we do't have to worry about the rest of the defense.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast