Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Shiancoe wants a shorter preseason

    [size=13pt]Shiancoe: Shorten preseason[/size]

    July 26th, 2009 – 12:49 PM

    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com



    With the Vikings’ training camp practices set to open Friday, tight end Visanthe Shiancoe used his Twitter account to call for the preseason to be shortened from four games....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Shiancoe wants a shorter preseason

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Shiancoe: Shorten preseason[/size]

    July 26th, 2009 – 12:49 PM

    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com



    With the Vikings’ training camp practices set to open Friday, tight end Visanthe Shiancoe used his Twitter account to call for the preseason to be shortened from four games....
    I'm surprised Mars didn't report this, seeing as how he and Shank are so tight.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #3
    Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Portsmouth UK
    Posts
    652

    Re: Shiancoe wants a shorter preseason

    Everyone wants a shorter pre season. Not sure what the issue is. By the time the 3rd and 4th games are played it's onside kicks and laterals for the win and a complete waste of time. No team shows any new plays or puts any pressure on its starters to perform.

    The only thing they are good for is generating a few bucks and giving the rookies, 2nd and 3rd string players an opportuinty to show they are worth keeping.

    Cut it to 2 games and make the season longer
    Purple till i die

  4. #4
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Shiancoe wants a shorter preseason

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Shiancoe: Shorten preseason[/size]

    July 26th, 2009 – 12:49 PM

    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com



    With the Vikings’ training camp practices set to open Friday, tight end Visanthe Shiancoe used his Twitter account to call for the preseason to be shortened from four games....
    I'm surprised Mars didn't report this, seeing as how he and Shank are so tight.

    =Z=
    With a hammer like his, anyone would feel tight.

  5. #5
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Shiancoe wants a shorter preseason


    Shanko needs to worry about shortening something else up...
    ;D




    Before he pokes someones eye out in the locker room this season....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #6
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Shiancoe wants a shorter preseason

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Shiancoe: Shorten preseason[/size]

    July 26th, 2009 – 12:49 PM

    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com



    With the Vikings’ training camp practices set to open Friday, tight end Visanthe Shiancoe used his Twitter account to call for the preseason to be shortened from four games....
    LOL!
    Every game is risky for the players. Preseason or regular. It's probably just the shock of coming in after a offseason full of extreme golf.

    Jimmy McGinty: Falco, it's nasty out there.
    Shane Falco: That's why girls don't play the game, coach.
    ;D


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Shiancoe wants a shorter preseason

    Another player getting wimpy.
    This could become a epidemic of a most serious nature my friends.
    :'(
    :'(
    :'(
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Shiancoe wants a shorter preseason

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Another player getting wimpy.
    This could become a epidemic of a most serious nature my friends.

    :'(
    :'(
    :'(
    :'(
    lol... or another player wants to use those games as regular season games... where he doesn't have to hold back and worry about getting injured for no reason, risking his career.

    I guess now you'll say Shank "Doesn't fit the system" and should be traded.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Shiancoe wants a shorter preseason

    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Another player getting wimpy.
    This could become a epidemic of a most serious nature my friends.

    :'(
    :'(
    :'(
    :'(
    lol... or another player wants to use those games as regular season games... where he doesn't have to hold back and worry about getting injured for no reason, risking his career.

    I guess now you'll say Shank "Doesn't fit the system" and should be traded.
    Nope, that doesn't apply to him.
    Only guys I say that about are the ones that didn't, and are now gone.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Shiancoe wants a shorter preseason


    With training camps being reduced from from 3-4 weeks to 2, it's getting harder to evaluate the youngsters, and get game tape of them. If they lengthen the season they may cut back to 3 pre-season game's, but there is a reason for having 4 preseason games right now so they can fairly evaluate the players and set their rosters. And don't forget the revenue it provide's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Visanthe Shiancoe
    By Mark_The_Viking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 416
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 10:24 PM
  2. Shiancoe 4th Quarter
    By VikingsTw in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 11:35 AM
  3. Shiancoe, bust or not?
    By vikingivan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 09:51 AM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 07:15 AM
  5. It's time to get to know Shiancoe
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 07:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •