Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Shiancoe, Vikings talking contract extension

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/06/27/shiancoe-vikings-talking-contract-extension

NFC Whispers
    Posted June 27, 2010 @ 11:36 a.m. ET
    By PFW staff

We've been hearing the following whispers around the NFC:

• Although TE Visanthe Shiancoe still has two years left on his contract, which runs through 2011, his camp and the Vikings have been talking extension, a source close to the situation told PFW. Shiancoe switched agents from Tony Agnone, who got him a five-year deal in Minnesota in 2007, to Drew Rosenhaus, who also represents high-paid TEs Kellen Winslow and Jeremy Shockey. Although a new deal is not imminent, the sides have talked, and we hear Shiancoe would like to be paid among the top five tight ends in the league, which would put him in the $5 million to $7 million range per season.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Shiancoe, Vikings talking contract extension

For some reason I can't get PFW to work today (your link is probably good).

Does it say anything about any other cats like Edwards, TJ, Chad etc?

Kindof sends a bad message IMHO, if the staff is talking to Shanc and not the other guys.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    For some reason I can't get PFW to work today (your link is probably good).

Does it say anything about any other cats like Edwards, TJ, Chad etc?

Kindof sends a bad message IMHO, if the staff is talking to Shanc and not the other guys.
    You missed the reason for the talks, Marr. Shanc switched Agents. Rosenhaus gets NOTHING untill Visanthe signs a contract with HIM as the agent, so he'll want to renegotiate and get a pay day...disguising it as Visanthe wanting one.

Truth is, Shiancoe just started playing up to his current contract. He doesn't DESERVE a new one. His first season was crap, and he didn't start being effective until his second.

**Unless you want to blame the QB throwing him the ball :evil: **

Bottom line, he doesn't deserve a rework, this is a move fueled ENTIRELY by Rosenhaus.

I hate that guy...

Caine

Zeus wrote:
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/06/27/shiancoe-vikings-talking-contract-extension

NFC Whispers
    Posted June 27, 2010 @ 11:36 a.m. ET
    By PFW staff

We've been hearing the following whispers around the NFC:

• Although TE Visanthe Shiancoe still has two years left on his contract, which runs through 2011, his camp and the Vikings have been talking extension, a source close to the situation told PFW. Shiancoe switched agents from Tony Agnone, who got him a five-year deal in Minnesota in 2007, to Drew Rosenhaus, who also represents high-paid TEs Kellen Winslow and Jeremy Shockey. Although a new deal is not imminent, the sides have talked, and we hear Shiancoe would like to be paid among the top five tight ends in the league, which would put him in the $5 million to $7 million range per season.
    =Z=
    Here is my thing:

1)As others have said here today: he has just started to play at the level we are paying him at. Do NOT rework Shank before Greenway.

2)Rosenhaus is known for filling teams and players heads with $$ rather than whats important; Winning and team cohesion. Mr. 'Next Question Rosenhaus' is a cancer.......

3) And Most Importantly: Shiancoe wants to be paid like a top 5 TE, he should play like one. He is the #8 rated fantasy TE.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

slavinator wrote:
    3) And Most Importantly: Shiancoe wants to be paid like a top 5 TE, he should play like one. He is the #8 rated fantasy TE.
    I'm not arguing one way or the other, but you do realize the ludicrousness of that last statement, right?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Zeus wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    I'm not arguing one way or the other, but you do realize the ludicrousness of that last statement, right?

=Z=
    +1, fantasy doesn't factor in all the intangibles like blocking. Now the fact that he is not in the top 8 TE's in Madden 2011 really says something.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

=Z=
    +1, fantasy doesn't factor in all the intangibles like blocking. Now the fact that he is not in the top 8 TE's in Madden 2011 really says something.
    Less than 80 speed makes him a joke. Ben Watson and Vernon Davis are Best TEs in the NFL

Zeus wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

=Z=
    I do. Maybe a better way to say it is I dont believe he is a top 5 TE in the league. I think we already overpaid him.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

So our only issue is what his Madden rating is as it relates to if he is a top 5 TE.

No one has any questions about why the staff is talking to him about contract extensions and not anyone else?

I wonder if Chads agent knew this was going on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    So our only issue is what his Madden rating is as it relates to if he is a top 5 TE.

No one has any questions about why the staff is talking to him about contract extensions and not anyone else?

I wonder if Chads agent knew this was going on.
    doesn't matter, since Shanks rating in madden was better than Chads last year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast