Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Shiancoe takes shape

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=51797.msg945971#msg945971 date=1241786377]
    [size=13pt]Shiancoe takes shape[/size]

Pioneer Press

Updated: 05/07/2009 10:57:39 PM CDT

Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe didn't take any time off after the season, hoping to ride the momentum of his breakout 2008 season....

3% body fat? :-o
    HOLY CRAPOLA!
    Is he going to weigh enough to play TE or are we basically going to have a slow receiver?
    My guess, at 6-foot-4, 240-pound, no.
    Lets hope our RT doesn't need help from an "Inline" blocking TE cause Sauce doesn't have enough jiggly butt to do it anymore.
    I was wondering who your new target would be now that Sharper & Birk are gone.
    Hey, I was one of the few who stuck up for Shanc.
    In no way am I throwing him under the bus.
    Just saying that he isn't much bigger than a FB now.

No way he can block a DE anymore.
    Read his post again Marrdro. He is referring to your diss on Sauce, not Shank.
    [/quote]
    OUCH.

My bad.
    Typed Sauce instead of Shanc.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:

Pioneer Press

Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe didn't take any time off after the season, hoping to ride the momentum of his breakout 2008 season....

HOLY CRAPOLA!
    Is he going to weigh enough to play TE or are we basically going to have a slow receiver?
    Lets hope our RT doesn't need help from an "Inline" blocking TE cause Sauce doesn't have enough jiggly butt to do it anymore.

Vernon Davis and Tony G weigh 250.
    "No way" sounds as hyperbolic as 3% body fat. That literally is unhealthy as Mr. A stated.

[/quote]
    I don't think Vernon or Tony are asked to single block a DE like our TE's are asked in the ZB scheme.

Yes Z, It is a assumption on my part that they are asked to to this. But the assumtion is based on some stuff I've read on the scheme.

When/if a T and TE are engaged and someone else comes into thier zone (inside) the T has to disengage and take that man if the G is engaged leaving the TE alone on the DE.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=BleedinPandG link=topic=51797.msg945975#msg945975 date=1241786903]

Pioneer Press

HOLY CRAPOLA!

"No way" sounds as hyperbolic as 3% body fat. That literally is unhealthy as Mr. A stated.

[/quote]
    I don't think Vernon or Tony are asked to single block a DE like our TE's are asked in the ZB scheme.

Yes Z, It is a assumption on my part that they are asked to to this. But the assumtion is based on some stuff I've read on the scheme.

When/if a T and TE are engaged and someone else comes into thier zone (inside) the T has to disengage and take that man if the G is engaged leaving the TE alone on the DE.
    [/quote]

In the situation you just described it's a blitz, more specifically a delayed blitz.
    That means a TE doesn't need to block a DE, he simply needs to slow the guy down long enough for the QB to make his hot read.
    If the blitz is delayed enough the amount of time the TE needs to block is negligible.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51797.msg945987#msg945987 date=1241787545]
    [quote author=BleedinPandG link=topic=51797.msg945975#msg945975 date=1241786903]

Pioneer Press

HOLY CRAPOLA!

[/quote]

[/quote]

In the situation you just described it's a blitz, more specifically a delayed blitz.
    That means a TE doesn't need to block a DE, he simply needs to slow the guy down long enough for the QB to make his hot read.
    If the blitz is delayed enough the amount of time the TE needs to block is negligible.
    [/quote]
    Or a Stunt, which by the way, kindof ate us up alive last year especially if it was designed to attack the middle.
    :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stunt_(football)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456