Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Shiancoe likes Tarvaris.

Finally it appear the Vikings PR staff is making thier money.
    Couple of interviews by B-chill, Wilf, the article Singer stuck in from Birk, now this.

Great stuff.
    ;D

My memory is like a rusted steel trap sometimes however, wasn't he originally the number 2, was hurt and then was listed as the number 3 for most of the season?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Couple of interviews by B-chill, Wilf, the article Singer stuck in from Birk, now this.

Great stuff.
    ;D

My memory is like a rusted steel trap sometimes however, wasn't he originally the number 2, was hurt and then was listed as the number 3 for most of the season?

You are correct!

When we cut JT O'sul and McMahon late in camp and traded for Bollinger almost at the end of training camp so T-Jack was the number 2 until he was hurt, then it was Bollinger until he got hurt in relief of Brad and then T-Jack was the number 2 again.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Great stuff.
    ;D

Thanks Wack.
    And if memory serves he wasn't 100% then when Brooksie got hurt.
    ;D
    In other words, played a couple of games for us in the end at less that 100%.

You are correct!

When we cut JT O'sul and McMahon late in camp and traded for Bollinger almost at the end of training camp so T-Jack was the number 2 until he was hurt, then it was Bollinger until he got hurt in relief of Brad and then T-Jack was the number 2 again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The guy throws a good ball, that's for sure.
    Watching him throw it vs. Brad last year was night and day.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "coreyd" wrote:
    I like TJ. The thing that sold me on TJ was an article last year that that said he had the best work ethic at Winter Park. He seems to be the guy and I look forward to him starting. I have more confidence in him then any other QB we have.
    I agree, but that's not saying much.
    WHAT!!! Are you saying that Bollinger or Henson are not pro bowl material?!?!

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    T-Jack sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders.
    I'm not 100% sold on him in fact I'm not really sold on him at all, but I really hope he proves me wrong!
    TJ even said it himself.

He knows he has to prove it.

It is one thing to have great work ethic, and another to be able to shine on the field.

I liked TJ from the start, the article that sold me was the one that they did when they went down to his home in Ala and spent a day with him.
    He has shown us he can practice, now he has to show us and his teammates that he can play.
    Shiancoe says he has a good arm in a round about way, we got to see his touch during last season, now he needs to run that offense and command his teammates respect.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I'm not 100% sold on him in fact I'm not really sold on him at all, but I really hope he proves me wrong!
    TJ even said it himself.

It is one thing to have great work ethic, and another to be able to shine on the field.

I liked TJ from the start, the article that sold me was the one that they did when they went down to his home in Ala and spent a day with him.
    He has shown us he can practice, now he has to show us and his teammates that he can play.
    Shiancoe says he has a good arm in a round about way, we got to see his touch during last season, now he needs to run that offense and command his teammates respect.
    If a person has really good work ethic, usually they can do anything they set their mind to in time. That is one of the things that could make him a great QB. I liked him since I read a couple articles about him early on, he has the spirit and passion, the brains, and the physical attributes. Now all he has to do is prove he has that "secret ingredient" that seems to make great QBs great.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"davike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    TJ even said it himself.

If a person has really good work ethic, usually they can do anything they set their mind to in time. That is one of the things that could make him a great QB. I liked him since I read a couple articles about him early on, he has the spirit and passion, the brains, and the physical attributes. Now all he has to do is prove he has that "secret ingredient" that seems to make great QBs great.
    I agree, i think his work ethic is amazing, he didn't get much time with the number 1 offense.
    I think he will do well we just need to wait to see it!!!

Thanks josdin00

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Json" wrote:
    I personally like TJ.
    I know he hasn't done much to prove anything but his raw talent is undenialbe.
    He only played 2 games last year and one was on a crap field which many QB's would have a tough time playing on regarldess of who you are, let alone his first game.
    Anyone that judges him on those two games is just silly and really not looking at the big picture.

I mean look at Tony Romo last year (who by the way was NOT a rookie), he played outstanding for the Cowgirls at first then came back to reality and didn't play very well at all and costed the Cowgirls a few games.
    This just shows me that judging any QB after 2 starts is ludacris.
    I was not sold on Romo last year after two games and I was not going to throw TJ under the bus after only two games, expecially after watching a veteran like Brad J, suck it up with the receiving core the vikes had on the field.
    I can't judge TJ for last season's mishaps, the entire offense was dismall before and after he came in.

I agree he needs to have some competition but I believe he will start for the Vikes at the beginning of the year.
    I live in Madison, WI and have seen Brook play and he's just not mechanically that sound and have less faith in him then TJ.
    I havn't seen any evidence that the vikings offense has made any improvements over last year, does this mean that tjack will have a season free of critisism? I agree that he has great potential but that is no excuse for failing to execute on Sundays.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Some may not think it because of my man love for Brady Quinn, but I am a Tarvaris fan. I hope he ends up being a great quarterback in this league. I just have my doubts about his ability to do so and about his ability to be a good quarterback this year.

I hope he proves all of my doubts to be bogus, but there are obvious reasons to be skeptical.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast