Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Shiancoe likes Tarvaris.

New tight end praises Jackson's passing
    Shiancoe says Vikings QB has 'more zip' than Giants' Manning
    BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press
    Article Last Updated: 03/28/2007 11:33:40 PM CDT

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_5543696

Jackson is focusing on taking his knowledge of the playbook to the "next level."

"The physical part, I have no problem with that," he said.

Especially because Jackson said Wednesday that he wasn't at full strength because of a minor knee injury early last season.

"I'm going to be 100 percent," Jackson said. "I hurt my knee last year, and I never got back to 100 percent, as far as running and stuff. I think I'll be a lot better."

I hadn't realized TJ wasn't back to full health from his surgery.
    I wonder how much this may have effected his play.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

coreyd is offline Coach

Re: Shiancoe likes Tarvaris.

I like TJ. The thing that sold me on TJ was an article last year that that said he had the best work ethic at Winter Park. He seems to be the guy and I look forward to him starting. I have more confidence in him then any other QB we have.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"coreyd" wrote:
    I like TJ. The thing that sold me on TJ was an article last year that that said he had the best work ethic at Winter Park. He seems to be the guy and I look forward to him starting. I have more confidence in him then any other QB we have.
    I agree, but that's not saying much.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"coreyd" wrote:
    i remember reading something like that, and have come to understand that the kid really does wanna get better and works hard to do so.

as the confidence level.. i'm hoping he builds a solid connection with a few of the receivers in the spring.. and use that to bolster his confidence entering into the year. Then i'll feel confident.. now i'm just eager to watch him play.

then it's all for the show!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

"Eli is a terrific player, and he had a lot of talent," Shiancoe said Wednesday. "But Tarvaris has a little bit more zip on his passes. He throws a perfect ball. It looks like a Brett Favre spiral out there."
    shit. we're screwed.
    ;D haha im jk, im excited to see what tarvaris can do.

"God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

T-Jack sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders.
    I'm not 100% sold on him in fact I'm not really sold on him at all, but I really hope he proves me wrong!

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    T-Jack sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders.
    I'm not 100% sold on him in fact I'm not really sold on him at all, but I really hope he proves me wrong!
    I agree, I like what he brings to the table, a lot of excitement in his game, but I want to see a lot more out of him before i am sold.

i think this is just what tjack needs, someone publicly saying that he is a good player.
    as good old john madden says, 90% of the game is half mental lol.... even tjack says that he feels that he is capable of doing it, its just getting to the point where is is comfortable out there.

i think that given the situation he had last year he did really well..he barely even got to start with the 1 string players in practice.
    i am completely behind him this year, but i'm not rushing out to get the jersey yet lol
    ~~I'm but one Vikings fan in a sea of Frudge Packers!!!~~

Json is offline GM

I personally like TJ.
    I know he hasn't done much to prove anything but his raw talent is undenialbe.
    He only played 2 games last year and one was on a crap field which many QB's would have a tough time playing on regarldess of who you are, let alone his first game.
    Anyone that judges him on those two games is just silly and really not looking at the big picture.

I mean look at Tony Romo last year (who by the way was NOT a rookie), he played outstanding for the Cowgirls at first then came back to reality and didn't play very well at all and costed the Cowgirls a few games.
    This just shows me that judging any QB after 2 starts is ludacris.
    I was not sold on Romo last year after two games and I was not going to throw TJ under the bus after only two games, expecially after watching a veteran like Brad J, suck it up with the receiving core the vikes had on the field.
    I can't judge TJ for last season's mishaps, the entire offense was dismall before and after he came in.

I agree he needs to have some competition but I believe he will start for the Vikes at the beginning of the year.
    I live in Madison, WI and have seen Brook play and he's just not mechanically that sound and have less faith in him then TJ.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

F'N SWEET!!!!
    I know my goggles are pretty purple, but I am really starting to like this team!!!

These are NOT a bunch of big name, big mouth, biotches who will be complaining about how tough training camp is...or how they don't think they're getting the ball enough, or that there is sand in their panties...
    These boys have got a lot left to prove...their "backs against the wall"-Wade, and "want to keep earning"-TJack...IF our oline plays better in pass protection in their second year with the system, I think there will be several sleepers on our Offense this year!!!! 8)

I'll take an over-achieving workhorse who plays with HEART every game over a under-achieving athlete who does the bare minimum anyday!!
    Those that carry both talent and ethic seem hard to find these days...

Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast