Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Shiancoe delivers for Vikings

[size=13pt]EX-GIANT SHIANCOE DELIVERS FOR VIKINGS[/size]

By PAUL SCHWARTZ
    nypost.com

November 23, 2007

The Giants were not particularly interested in re-signing tight end Visanthe Shiancoe to a lucrative contract after he did not develop as expected in his four years with the team.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Shiancoe delivers for Vikings

The Giants were shocked when the Vikings in free agency signed Shiancoe to a five-year, $18.5 million contract that includes $7 million in guaranteed money.
    I still think that contract was way to high for V-Shi at the time. I hope he earns it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    The Giants were shocked when the Vikings in free agency signed Shiancoe to a five-year, $18.5 million contract that includes $7 million in guaranteed money.
    I still think that contract was way to high for V-Shi at the time. I hope he earns it.
    I think he will.

Kindof makes one think though, if they didn't pay a bit more for B-wade and Shank this year if for nothing else than to get at the 85%tile of what has to be spent as dictated by the league.

One can never know what ole Bryzcheapski is doing when he manipulates the dollars, but that league mandate must be followed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[size=13pt]Catching up with former Giant tight end Visanthe Shiancoe, now with Vikings [/size]

BY RALPH VACCHIANO
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Saturday, November 24th 2007, 4:00 AM

Visanthe Shiancoe sneaked into town a few days ago and ran into a couple of his old Giants teammates, and immediately they could tell there was something different about the man who was buried behind Jeremy Shockey for four years as the Giants' backup tight end....

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i hope Shiancoe has at least 60 yards total & a TD reception, and all but shut down Shockey.

I'm sure that would just make Shockey happy as can be, since we all know how calm he is :

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    I think so too. Until the opening play last week he has been pretty quiet this year considering that the Tight end is someone you would think would be more vital on third downs in this offense.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I think so too. Until the opening play last week he has been pretty quiet this year considering that the Tight end is someone you would think would be more vital on third downs in this offense.
    I don't know why Childress hasn't gotten the TE's more involved in the WCO these past two seasons. It boggles the mind.

I thought the main reason they let Wiggens go to get a more speedy TE was to get him involved more.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I don't know why Childress hasn't gotten the TE's more involved in the WCO these past two seasons. It boggles the mind.

I thought the main reason they let Wiggens go to get a more speedy TE was to get him involved more.
    Because Brad Childress is such a genius, obviously.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I feel the same way. I think everyone thought we would see a lot of passes to the TEs down the seam.

If I'm searching real hard for an answer, and I might be reaching, the only thing I can come up with is QB play. Maybe they are not comfortable enough to throw it down the middle of the field.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I feel the same way. I think everyone thought we would see a lot of passes to the TEs down the seam.

If I'm searching real hard for an answer, and I might be reaching, the only thing I can come up with is QB play. Maybe they are not comfortable enough to throw it down the middle of the field.
    If that is the case then you really need to wonder what Childress saw or thought he saw that made him so confident in what he had going into the season.

IMO the problems early came from the poor line play and the fact that that the QB's didn't have the time for the TE to get to the seam.

The thing that I see is that the talent we have even after all of the turnover since Tice left is that we are physically more suited to the offense that he installed when he was hired which was also much like Denny Green used when he was first hired. Those schemes used 2 tight ends and that really helped the running game and also got the tight ends more involved. And with our lack of a QB who can go down the field or WR's who can make those deep catches it also fits.

The team has gone to those 2 TE sets more in the past 4 games or so and has been successful when it has.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast